+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Parking increase for 2011 season

Hint, park at gateway on hourly basis rather than event pricing.
    Will cut your bill in half.
    Make sure you stop at applebees get a soda or beer and ask for a receipt because Gatweway parking attendant will sometimes ask for proof that you were at the mall rather than just parked for the game.
    Last edited by Prince Hal; 11-04-10 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    link?
    Just a turn of the phrase, GordonGecko, no link .

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Shore Yankee View Post
    I remember one time being locked out of the Port Authority parking lot in the early morning hours after a playoff game years ago. I was able to talk a cop into letting my father and I in to get to our car. Back then I was convinced it was easier and less costly to drive to the PA and take the A to the D.

Taking a train from Ocean County NJ is not a treat. You have to take the train to Long Branch and then transfer to a train that will take you to NY Penn. Reason being, correct me if I'm wrong, is that the lines up to Long Branch I believe run on fuel while the rest of the line is electric. Then of course you have to make your way to the Subway. Going this route takes you more than double the time it does to drive and won't really save you all that much. You can also drive to Red Bank and take the train from there with no transfer but this doesn't really shave any considerable time. Going back home can cause you a heart attack if the game goes into extra innings or is a late start Postseason game because the last trains out to NJ leave Penn somewhere around 1:30 A.M. When I saw that parking for the playoffs was jacked up to $40 I considered driving to Seacaucus Junction for Game 5 but then found a coupon online for $25 to park in a lot on 162 St across from the centerfield entrance. Parking here put me at the mercy of a cop that put me in a direction I did not want to go.

Next year I'll go with the Gateway Mall Parking option which is cool because I prefer the Harlem River Lots. I find driving across the 145 St bridge and onwards to Riverside Drive and then up to the GWB is much quicker than battling the Major Deegan traffic home. My question is can you tailgate there? If not, I guess I'll take my sub & brews down to a Harlem River Lot & chill out there before the game.

It's either that or find a decent priced lot in walking distance or find a spot in the street.
    Jersey Shore Yankee, I used to live in Monmouth County and I hear you! It's more like a pilgrimage to the Stadium.... Lots of folks from PA drive in, too, since there's no real mass transit option from there.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by njyankeesfan View Post
    Just a turn of the phrase, GordonGecko, no link .
    I know I just thought it would be funny if you actually did make a thread about it

Quote Originally Posted by threeyoda View Post
    Attachment 19006

Yankee Stadium is at the top, The Gateway Center (the new mall) is at the bottom.
    Is parking at The Gateway Center Mall still a good option in 2012? If so what is the cost and what has your experience been like?

Thanks,

$13.20 parking on River Ave for upcoming home games through Parkwhiz.com.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Hal View Post
    $13.20 parking on River Ave for upcoming home games through Parkwhiz.com.
    That's this place:

pretty good location for in and out

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    That's this place:

pretty good location for in and out
    It looks like a good deal but it is not open on Tuesday the 1st and it seems at though the mall parking is now $30 bucks. Are there any other options?

Thread Information