+ Reply to Thread

Maybe my thoughts were a tad off base...

May have to rewrite my title.... Texas very well could win it all.... I hope not.
    Last edited by Ninja0980; 10-19-10 at 09:13 PM.

NYYF HOF

Re: I can make one accurate prediction tonight, Texas will see no World Series win

I think they are obviously a good team but they don't have experience in the playoffs which is where the bullpens are so much better, especially NY and Philly. Haven't seen much of San Fran this season to judge but I expect a few 1-0 games in that series.
    Beware the Bobcat!!!

Re: I can make one accurate prediction tonight, Texas will see no World Series win

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja0980 View Post
    I think I can safely say this, even IF the Yankees somehow lose(and after tonight,that is a very big if), there is no way on earth Texas is going to beat the Giants or Phillies unless they can keep all their starters in for all the games they pitch.
    C.J. Wilson had this game in the bag, and the bullpen proceeded to demolish it in one inning.
    This isn't September anymore, Washington can't go to 10 plus pitchers in this series and as tonight showed, that means he and Texas are in big trouble IMO.
    It was one game, and is by no means indicative of what would happen in other games.

SF's lineup is practically AAA. I doubt they'd be favored over Texas, should it happen.
    Team Northern Lights

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    It was one game, and is by no means indicative of what would happen in other games.

SF's lineup is practically AAA. I doubt they'd be favored over Texas, should it happen.
    The Giant's lineup is better than you think and besides, that pitching staff could be lethal.

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja0980 View Post
    I think I can safely say this, even IF the Yankees somehow lose(and after tonight,that is a very big if), there is no way on earth Texas is going to beat the Giants or Phillies unless they can keep all their starters in for all the games they pitch.
    C.J. Wilson had this game in the bag, and the bullpen proceeded to demolish it in one inning.
    This isn't September anymore, Washington can't go to 10 plus pitchers in this series and as tonight showed, that means he and Texas are in big trouble IMO.

Somehow, Ron Washington got high enough to lose a playoff game when had 5-0 lead and never even bring in his best relievers.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

NYYF Legend

What ever happened to the thread starting rules??

If we weren't down 7-2 tonight...We could have messed up their bullpen. But coming back from 5 runs dont happen every day

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
    If we weren't down 7-2 tonight...We could have messed up their bullpen. But coming back from 5 runs dont happen every day
    very true
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Indeed it doesn't..... we can't play every game by playing catch up.
    IMO,what I said earlier still stands. Texas bullpen will be their Achilles's heel.

meh. national league sure looks good playing other national league teams.
    always reasonable

The Sausage King of Chicago Abe Frohman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post

San Francisco is going to the World Series and would
    proceed to eat Texas for breakfast, should they beat us.
    ? Can switching to Geico really save you 15 % or more on car insurance ? ? Does the postman always ring twice ?

Thread Information