+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 63
  1. #26

    Re: Brackman called up

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE
    Are they allowed to be on the bench? because I didn't see them.
    Brackman could sit on the bench, but Betances and Montero are not allowed since they're not on the 40-man roster.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDynasty26
    i was kinda dissapointed when the story didnt end with mule sex....but whatev
    Quote Originally Posted by Chacon View Post
    Do I get to finger blast Kate Upton in your fantasy land?

  2. #27
    Released Outright JavyVazquezIsSick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland

    Re: Brackman called up

    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Hughes Fan
    Brackman could sit on the bench, but Betances and Montero are not allowed since they're not on the 40-man roster.
    Are you sure about this? I would think they can put whoever they want on the bench but they just aren't eligible to play.

  3. #28
    NYYF Legend

    SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: Brackman called up

    Brackman & Betances have arrived. Supposedly Montero isn't there.

    Where's Jesus?

  4. #29

    Re: Brackman called up

    brackman is apparently available, according to cash.
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

  5. #30

    Re: Brackman called up

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE
    Brackman & Betances have arrived. Supposedly Montero isn't there.

    Where's Jesus?
    Jesus is there today.

    Wonder what number he'll wear.

  6. #31

    Re: Brackman called up

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE
    Brackman & Betances have arrived. Supposedly Montero isn't there.

    Where's Jesus?
    Per LoHud, he's there. Not sure where you heard otherwise.

  7. #32
    NYYF Legend

    SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: Brackman called up

    Quote Originally Posted by Breyean
    Jesus is there today.

    Wonder what number he'll wear.
    Give him 21 or 35.

  8. #33

    Re: Brackman called up

    Give him 6.

  9. #34

    Re: Brackman called up

    Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller
    Give him 6.
    This.

  10. #35
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: Brackman called up

    Way to suck, Girardi.

  11. #36

    Re: Brackman called up

    Brackman wins the Melancon award.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd



  12. #37

    Re: Brackman called up

    This is not a comparable situation to Melancon. At 140 IP in the minors this year (none above AA), Brackman was probably right up against his limit. The call-up was more to give him an exposure to the environment than to get work.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

  13. #38
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: Brackman called up

    "I think you'll see Brackman before it's all said and done," Cashman said.
    So I guess Cashman meant we'd see him in uniform.

  14. #39
    Released Outright Melan-cynic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    19.6 miles from YS

    Re: Brackman called up

    Fail.

  15. #40

    Re: Brackman called up

    Explain to me what was lost by not using him.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

  16. #41

    Re: Brackman called up

    Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Explain to me what was lost by not using him.
    Brief fleeting joy given to members of the fanbase that have tracked him with a passion for 3 years.

    An inning, one little inning wasnt going to hurt our epic push towards winning the division.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

  17. #42

    Re: Brackman called up

    he's there like dellin and montero, just to absorb the atmosphere.
    always reasonable

  18. #43
    Released Outright Melan-cynic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    19.6 miles from YS

    Re: Brackman called up

    Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    he's there like dellin and montero, just to absorb the atmosphere.
    No, actually. Brackman was on the active roster and Cashman explicitly predicted he'd pitch a couple of innings before the postseason. Dellin and Montero got the behind the scenes treatment too, but were not placed on the active roster.

  19. #44

    Re: Brackman called up

    i'm reporting what mark newman said.
    always reasonable

  20. #45
    Released Outright Melan-cynic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    19.6 miles from YS

    Re: Brackman called up

    Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    i'm reporting what mark newman said.
    1) No you're not because Newman never said that. That interview was recorded right after the trio had been called up and he was saying they would all be enjoying things like BP, shagging flies and being around the ML clubhouse. He never independently said Brackman was only up for that experience or implied he wouldn't get into a game. The fact that he was placed on the active roster should make that pretty clear.

    2) Cashman is the GM and obviously is the higher authority here. And, unlike Newman, who spoke in generalities, Cash literally told reporters they'd see Brackman pitch before season's end.

  21. #46
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: Brackman called up

    Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Explain to me what was lost by not using him.
    Oh...I don't know, probably something to do with not seeing the guy pitch live since he joined the organization?

  22. #47

    Re: Brackman called up

    Quote Originally Posted by Melan-cynic View Post
    1) No you're not because Newman never said that. That interview was recorded right after the trio had been called up and he was saying they would all be enjoying things like BP, shagging flies and being around the ML clubhouse. He never independently said Brackman was only up for that experience or implied he wouldn't get into a game. The fact that he was placed on the active roster should make that pretty clear.

    2) Cashman is the GM and obviously is the higher authority here. And, unlike Newman, who spoke in generalities, Cash literally told reporters they'd see Brackman pitch before season's end.
    there are only 2 pieces of information that separate brackman from the other 2 guys. the active roster and cashman's comments.

    the active roster thing is a "why not" kind of decision. if we assume that he's going to be with the team anyway, there is no problem activating him since he's signed to a ml contract anyway.

    cashman's comment was made when they activated him, not when they decided to have him in new york. also, it's not a promise, more like acknowledging the obvious fact that if he's activated then he may pitch.

    the conclusion i'd draw from this is that brackman's main purpose in new york is to absorb the atmosphere and such and not to play an important role on the team. newman is relevant here because he spoke of the three of them in the same category and so implying that they were all up for the same thing mainly.
    always reasonable

  23. #48
    Released Outright Melan-cynic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    19.6 miles from YS

    Re: Brackman called up

    Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    there are only 2 pieces of information that separate brackman from the other 2 guys. the active roster and cashman's comments.

    the active roster thing is a "why not" kind of decision. if we assume that he's going to be with the team anyway, there is no problem activating him since he's signed to a ml contract anyway.

    cashman's comment was made when they activated him, not when they decided to have him in new york. also, it's not a promise, more like acknowledging the obvious fact that if he's activated then he may pitch.

    the conclusion i'd draw from this is that brackman's main purpose in new york is to absorb the atmosphere and such and not to play an important role on the team.
    This is really not a big deal but you're skirting the obvious here.

    Brackman was called up, put on the active roster and the team's general manager said he'd pitch in a game or two. It is completely fair to assume he'll get into a game given the chain of events. Of course the main reason he's up is to get a feel for the bigs, with one of those factors including getting on the mound in a major league game.

    But saying his situation was the same as Dellin and Montero's is just plain incorrect, and this is without noting Brackman being 2 and 4 years senior those two prospects respectively.

  24. #49

    Re: Brackman called up

    Quote Originally Posted by Melan-cynic View Post
    This is really not a big deal but you're skirting the obvious here.

    Brackman was called up, put on the active roster and the team's general manager said he'd pitch in a game or two. It is completely fair to assume he'll get into a game given the chain of events. Of course the main reason he's up is to get a feel for the bigs, with one of those factors including getting on the mound in a major league game.

    But saying his situation was the same as Dellin and Montero's is just plain incorrect, and this is without noting Brackman being 2 and 4 years senior those two prospects respectively.
    This is the only quote that I have seen from Cashman related to Brackman:

    "I think you'll see Brackman before it's all said and done," Cashman said.

    Not sure where in that quote it is implied that he would get into anything more than a game - if that. I hoped that Brackman would get into a game and thought that there were some obvious opportunities to do so, but I am not surprised at all that he didn't. His stuff appears to be almost all the way back at this point, but it has taken him awhile to get there. Rushing him into a game prematurely could have bad affects on him, especially since it had been so long since he had pitched in a game. Adding him to the active roster was one of those 'why not' type of things - it didn't impact his pay or anything else because he is already on the 40-man roster and service time doesn't apply to September. He probably shouldn't have been activated and just been left to be treated like Betances and Montero, but sitting in the bullpen was probably a good thing for him too.

    In addition, at the time the quote was made, I think Cashman likely thought that the Yankees would have had the division wrapped up in short order and they would have had time to 'experiment', so to speak. As it turns out, they ended up as the Wild Card, so nothing played out the way it appeared it would.

  25. #50
    Released Outright Melan-cynic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    19.6 miles from YS

    Re: Brackman called up

    Quote Originally Posted by VTYankeesFan2 View Post
    This is the only quote that I have seen from Cashman related to Brackman:

    "I think you'll see Brackman before it's all said and done," Cashman said.
    You didn't look very hard then. Like here:

    Brian Cashman, the general manager, said Brackman would be available should Manager Joe Girardi need him.
    Or from Mark Feinsand:

    Cashman said he gave Girardi the green light to use Brackman. Innings are not an issue with him.

    Quote Originally Posted by VTYankeesFan2 View Post
    In addition, at the time the quote was made, I think Cashman likely thought that the Yankees would have had the division wrapped up in short order and they would have had time to 'experiment', so to speak. As it turns out, they ended up as the Wild Card, so nothing played out the way it appeared it would.
    Literally irrelevant. Girardi completely avoided using his best bullpen options in spots in multiple games down the stretch. In any one of them or in Sunday's blowout he could've given Brackman an inning which is all we're discussing here.

    Again, this is not a big issue, but if you, like awy, are saying Brackman's situation was the same as Dellin and Montero's, you're simply dead wrong.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts