+ Reply to Thread

ROUS and Lumberjacks come to terms again

ROUS get: Clayton Richard, Fernando Martinez, and Wilmer Flores

Lumberjacks get: Zack Greinke, Derek Lee.

I'm going to go hide in our command bunker now and await the artillery fire.
    There is no "I" in "team" but there is a dismembered and mixed-up "me."

Re: ROUS and Lumberjacks come to terms again

Love giving up the extra prospect after watching Richard throw another QS while Grienke gets hammered for 8 runs. It is what it is, I guess. Hopefully this one doesn't get voted to Pete.

Thanks for your patience, Bill.

NYYF HOF

thumbs up here.
    NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
    2010 & 2011 Gehrig Division Champs.

NYYF MVP

good!

Grumble. As much as I still think a little damage, just a little, to this year's team in order to land two studs and two upgrades would sit better with me, I can't deny this again I guess. Obviously ROUS think their 3 prospects are worth it, so it is what it is.

What I don't get with some of these trades is it seems that the teams are forgetting to try and stay competitive for a good draft spot next year. In a 20 team league, drafting 12th, 13th, 14th, can really put you at a disadvantage. If I miss the playoffs at least I know I'll have a sick draft position. But then again Chase Utley fell to the back end of the 1st round this year, so maybe I'm completely off.

And quit knocking Greinke, Santana got destroyed this week too, doesn't mean he's not still Johan Santana.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23
    Grumble. As much as I still think a little damage, just a little, to this year's team in order to land two studs and two upgrades would sit better with me, I can't deny this again I guess. Obviously ROUS think their 3 prospects are worth it, so it is what it is.

What I don't get with some of these trades is it seems that the teams are forgetting to try and stay competitive for a good draft spot next year. In a 20 team league, drafting 12th, 13th, 14th, can really put you at a disadvantage. If I miss the playoffs at least I know I'll have a sick draft position. But then again Chase Utley fell to the back end of the 1st round this year, so maybe I'm completely off.

And quit knocking Greinke, Santana got destroyed this week too, doesn't mean he's not still Johan Santana.
    I won last year drafting 11th.
    Harry the K's Legends: 2009 Champs, 2010 Ruth Division Champions

R.I.P Harry Kalas...Say hi to whitey for me

It's a disadvantage is all I'm saying. I'm pretty happy with my team this year and I had a terrible draft spot.

Oh and by the way, I applaud Patrick for taking the chance he did with his first pick this year. I was completely shocked by him not picking Pujols, but you can't argue with results.

Oh and by the way, I applaud Patrick for taking the chance he did with his first pick this year. I was completely shocked by him not picking Pujols, but you can't argue with results.
    Thank you,sir! It's always nice when you hit a homerun with the #1 overall pick. Truth be told though, my drafting philosophy forces me to take him there. From the time I clinched the #1 pick I really never considered taking anyone else than Halladay, especially after he moved to the NL.
    Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds - Robert Nesta Marley

What I don't get with some of these trades is it seems that the teams are forgetting to try and stay competitive for a good draft spot next year. In a 20 team league, drafting 12th, 13th, 14th, can really put you at a disadvantage.
    No, I haven't forgotten but thanks for the reminder.
    There is no "I" in "team" but there is a dismembered and mixed-up "me."

Thread Information