+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Triple Crown

Robertson needs to pitch the 8th

I can't handle the Joba roller coaster.

Re: Robertson needs to pitch the 8th

The turning point in the game was the 7th, when CC walked back t back hitters. Good move bringing in DRob there
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n23/george.jpg

Robertson is working his way toward the eighth inning and Joba is working his way out. Unfortunately, I wouldn't want to put Joba in any game with runners already on base. Robertson seems to be able to handle that.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

I think Robertson is a really good fireman-type guy out of the bullpen. I like him just fine in that role. If the starter goes seven or whatever and it's a close game, I'd prefer him in the 8th at this point, too.
    Likes the Yankees.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by snarkerella
    I think Robertson is a really good fireman-type guy out of the bullpen. I like him just fine in that role. If the starter goes seven or whatever and it's a close game, I'd prefer him in the 8th at this point, too.
    Right now he is better than Joba in the set up. But I do feel he is a really good fireman. What bothers me is I don't understand why Joe does not bring in Mo when Joba gets into trouble (mainly for 1 out). Even last night there was 2 weak hits but walks the batter to load the bases with a solid batter to face. Brian should get another set up pitcher and move Joba back out of this role until he gets better control. I forget his name but there was a guy from Blue Jays but it was a rumor. I just don't see what the plan is (roller coaster is a good term).

Bucky

Robertson needs to pitch the 7th to if need be the way this bp has been pitching all year.

NYYF Legend

yea, not liking the Joba 8th inning role til he settles down
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Thread Information