+ Reply to Thread

Mixed Scouting Report on 19th Round Pick - Kevin Jordan

http://www.mlbbonusbaby.com/2010/02/...rthside-hs-ga/

The report indicates why Jordan was available in rd 19 wasn't due just to signability issues. I think Jordan is extremely gifted, he just has to show that he is maturing as a player.

Re: Mixed Scouting Report on 19th Round Pick - Kevin Jordan

A must sign for me. He could really boost our draft.

That scouting report is sort of disturbing, but I find it real hard to judge a kid based on one day where he was scouted. He could have had a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHugeUnit2
    A must sign for me. He could really boost our draft.
    I believe he may have the highest upside offensive potential of any of the Yanks draftees, yet, he has to show more maturity on the field. If he signs, he will definitely require a huge overslot.

Devoted Member

Jordan will be a tough sign but would be a great boost to our farm if he does.

Yogi Buck

Most kids seem uninterested when its a day game in the south, it doesn't specify.
    [B]WARNING![/B] This post may be offensive to little girly men or women with soft feelings.

Never [B]argue with an idiot[/B]. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by budstinks
    Most kids seem uninterested when its a day game in the south, it doesn't specify.
    Plus the Yankees know he had strep throat which led to an infection later and was sick for most of the year. He probably was sick when he was seen in that report I posted on the thread starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughes2.50
    http://www.mlbbonusbaby.com/2010/02/...rthside-hs-ga/

The report indicates why Jordan was available in rd 19 wasn't due just to signability issues. I think Jordan is extremely gifted, he just has to show that he is maturing as a player.
    I seem to recall that on the ESPN site, Law or Churchill said that they were going to make a trip to see Jordan, but that the area scouts said not to bother- he wasn't recovered from his earlier illness, so they would not see Jordan at his best.

Quote Originally Posted by Matsui55
    I seem to recall that on the ESPN site, Law or Churchill said that they were going to make a trip to see Jordan, but that the area scouts said not to bother- he wasn't recovered from his earlier illness, so they would not see Jordan at his best.
    Apparently a lot of guys the Yankees drafted were guys that Law was told not to burn a trip for.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hughes2.50
    Apparently a lot of guys the Yankees drafted were guys that Law was told not to burn a trip for.
    The Yankees were included in that on the Jordan pick.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Thread Information