+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 61 68 69 70 71
Results 1,751 to 1,754 of 1754

Re: 2010 Amateur Draft Results/Signings thread

Quote Originally Posted by groundhoggator View Post
    Just wanted to repost the 2010 draft list to provide prospective on the 2011 draft we had and where you can look for signings from and how quickly to advance.

As listed below - nearly 40% of GCL and SI rosters are from this draft... when you factor international signings and 2009 draftees - there just isn't much room to squeeze 2011 signees at this point - which is why the signings are just dripping in versus a Tampa Rays which has more (because of the extra rookie ball team in WV)

In this case we had 29/50 players (58%) sign last year. Currently they are divided as follows:

GCL - (7) - Encinas, Morton, Gipson, Rutckyj, Johnson, Austin, Anderson
    SI - (10) - Culver, Gumbs, Williams, Hobbs, Mullee, Oliver, Lewis, Gamel, Stevenson, McCoy
    Charleston (6) - Kahnle, Burawa, Forer, Sneed, Varce, Ferraro
    Tampa (4) - Segedin, Nuding, Claiborne, Roller,
    Trenton (1) - Whitley

The only player I couldn't find was Shane Brown. If I missed him, please let me know
    Shane Brown is with SI.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Shane Brown is with SI.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by groundhoggator View Post
    Just wanted to repost the 2010 draft list to provide prospective on the 2011 draft we had and where you can look for signings from and how quickly to advance.

As listed below - nearly 40% of GCL and SI rosters are from this draft... when you factor international signings and 2009 draftees - there just isn't much room to squeeze 2011 signees at this point - which is why the signings are just dripping in versus a Tampa Rays which has more (because of the extra rookie ball team in WV)

In this case we had 29/50 players (58%) sign last year. Currently they are divided as follows:

GCL - (7) - Encinas, Morton, Gipson, Rutckyj, Johnson, Austin, Anderson
    SI - (11) - Brown, Culver, Gumbs, Williams, Hobbs, Mullee, Oliver, Lewis, Gamel, Stevenson, McCoy
    Charleston (6) - Kahnle, Burawa, Forer, Sneed, Varce, Ferraro
    Tampa (4) - Segedin, Nuding, Claiborne, Roller,
    Trenton (1) - Whitley

The only player I couldn't find was Shane Brown. If I missed him, please let me know
    Thought it would be interesting to revisit - given this draft has had only 1 short season and 1 full season -the class has been trimmed further with the following cuts announced this week. (which will allow 2011 class and Int'l class to fill in)

a) Ferraro
    b) Forer
    c) Gipson
    d) Johnson
    e) Hobbs

This leaves at most 24 players from the class (I'm sure I'm missing earlier cuts from above)

Given the development of Austin, I would like to heap praise on contributor Januz for his perspicaciousness in calling Austin a potential top tier prospect shortly after Austin got drafted.

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...=1#post6871432
    Royal Flush: Hughes, Sabathia, Betances, Brackman, Banuelos.

Thread Information