+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Re: The Blue Jays Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan Tavarez View Post
    This is a baseless throwaway statement if there ever was one. What are you basing it on, RBI?

2013: .280/.333/.550, 136 wRC+, 4.8 WAR/150
    Career: .259/.356/. 508, 129 wRC+, 4.0 WAR/150

He also doesn't have to spend the whole game behind the plate anymore
    Yeah, it pretty much was a throwaway statement, probably a poor example, but the overall gist of my point still stands.

I'm not concerned at all with Boston. Will re-evaluate around the ASB.
    Team Northern Lights

NYYF Cy Young

R.A. isn't having a very swell season so far.

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    honestly, i find it insulting to my intelligence that bautista and encarnacion can continue to juice and use masking agents while being so cavalier about it... both being north of the border, where drugs are easy to acquire, they have gone from sucking to suddenly bashing 40 HRs a year in the span of 1 season... and they somehow expect us to believe it's because of "batting stance adjustments?"

give me an effing break
    Honestly, I don't even know why Dwayne Murphy hasn't been enshrined in Cooperstown yet. Most hitting coaches usually get that one guy. This dude churned out two of the best power threats in the sport in a matter of three years. I don't know if its due to PED's or whatnot, but its kinda crazy how he hasn't even gotten any recognition (I actually had to Google "Blue Jays hitting coach" to remember his name) for what he's supposedly done.

..and yea, I guess the Jays are already done. 10-21? Jesus.

Chad Mottola is their hitting coach. Murphy is at first.

Edit - Sort of a nitpick because you would have been right from 20102012 but he's new in the position this year.

Yanksfanintoronto Yanksfanintoronto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    R.A. isn't having a very swell season so far.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1259918

Interesting read and some great work by Dickey....in fact quite brave of him to enter this area with his daughters. Hats off!
    Death, Taxes and King Eli under centre

The Jays bats have exploded this week and the pitching has got it done. Slowly climbing back into things and when Reyes returns things could get messy.

Should be an awesome series this weekend again, the last series was the most entertaining of the year by far IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jhicks99 View Post
    The Jays bats have exploded this week
    For 3 games. The prior 4 games they scored 3, 0, 4, 4 runs.

and the pitching has got it done.
    For 4 games. The prior 3 games they allowed 5, 5, 10 runs.

Just as I wouldn't have judged the Jays when they couldn't get a hit and couldn't pitch most of the year, I wouldn't judge them on a few "hot" games. I wouldn't judge any team on 3-4 games.

Slowly climbing back into things
    8 games behind the Yankees on April 27, 8 games behind the Yankees today. 7 games under .500 on April 30, 7 games under .500 today.

when Reyes returns things could get messy.
    Almost as messy as when Teixeira, Jeter, Youkilis, Cervelli, A-Rod, Joba, and/or Pineda return.

Should be an awesome series this weekend again, the last series was the most entertaining of the year by far IMO.
    Yes, I'm a girl.

NYYF Legend

The Yanks better be ready for a red hot Toronto team this weekend. The Yankee hitters have cooled off and the Blue Jays hitters are hot!

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBomberalis View Post
    For 3 games. The prior 4 games they scored 3, 0, 4, 4 runs.

For 4 games. The prior 3 games they allowed 5, 5, 10 runs.

Just as I wouldn't have judged the Jays when they couldn't get a hit and couldn't pitch most of the year, I wouldn't judge them on a few "hot" games. I wouldn't judge any team on 3-4 games.

8 games behind the Yankees on April 27, 8 games behind the Yankees today. 7 games under .500 on April 30, 7 games under .500 today.

Almost as messy as when Teixeira, Jeter, Youkilis, Cervelli, A-Rod, Joba, and/or Pineda return.

Nailed it on every point.
    Ain't it EVIL to LIVE backwards

I wish the Yankees could play Toronto 100 times a year.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    I wish the Yankees could play Toronto 100 times a year.
    And just think- they've gutted their farm system also...
    MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGRESSIVE

So anyone think they are for real?

Quote Originally Posted by armstrong View Post
    So anyone think they are for real?
    Nope. Hot streak. And they wasted it on getting back to .500.
    Yes, I'm a girl.

meh. they could get hot for 3 months
    always reasonable

Nope. Hot streak. And they wasted it on getting back to .500.
    Look at this bullpen:

Brett Cecil 1.38 ERA
    Steve Delabar 1.75 ERA
    Casey Janssen 2.10 ERA
    Aaron Loup 2.00 ERA
    Juan Perez 0.00 ERA
    Neil Wagner 0.82 ERA
    Darren Oliver 3.00 ERA
    Dustin McGowan 3.86 ERA

Add in the return of Reyes and Lawrie to an already potent lineup and starting pitching that under-performed but is now throwing smoke (bolstered by Rogers and Wang - how on Earth was he available for nothing?) and you have a team that can easily compete in the beastly east.

Look at this bullpen:

Brett Cecil 1.38 ERA
    Steve Delabar 1.75 ERA
    Casey Janssen 2.10 ERA
    Aaron Loup 2.00 ERA
    Juan Perez 0.00 ERA
    Neil Wagner 0.82 ERA
    Darren Oliver 3.00 ERA
    Dustin McGowan 3.86 ERA

Add in the return of Reyes and Lawrie to an already potent lineup and starting pitching that under-performed but is now throwing smoke (bolstered by Rogers and Wang - how on Earth was he available for nothing?) and you have a team that can easily compete in the beastly east.
    Starting rotation is 14th in the AL in ERA

Wang's WHIP is 1.31 and he doesn't strike guys out. Give him some time. It's been 3 games, one of which he got bombed.

Esmil Rogers has a career 5.47 ERA. (335 hits in 286 innings). Not sure he's built for the grind of being a starter.

Reyes is an injury risk every time he takes the field.

Brett Lawrie is batting .209. Getting him back might actually make the team worse.

Yes, they've gotten hot for two weeks. Let's see them keep it up. Right now they're still in 4th place. For the first two months of the season, there was zero indication across the board that this team could compete. A two week hot streak is a dangerous thing to hang your hat on. It's easy to jump on a bandwagon when a team wins a few games. They're 12-2 over the last 14 games. They were also 7-10 in the previous 17. Let's just see.
    Yes, I'm a girl.

Starting rotation is 14th in the AL in ERA

Wang's WHIP is 1.31 and he doesn't strike guys out. Give him some time. It's been 3 games, one of which he got bombed.

Esmil Rogers has a career 5.47 ERA. (335 hits in 286 innings). Not sure he's built for the grind of being a starter.

Reyes is an injury risk every time he takes the field.

Brett Lawrie is batting .209. Getting him back might actually make the team worse.

Yes, they've gotten hot for two weeks. Let's see them keep it up. Right now they're still in 4th place. For the first two months of the season, there was zero indication across the board that this team could compete. A two week hot streak is a dangerous thing to hang your hat on. It's easy to jump on a bandwagon when a team wins a few games. They're 12-2 over the last 14 games. They were also 7-10 in the previous 17. Let's just see.
    Fair assessment. Reyes is a stud no matter how you slice it, if healthy there isn't a better lead-off man in baseball. If Lawrie can return to last year's form (after finally recovering from his WBC injury) he's a stud too. I see the Jays as underperformers the first third of the season more than overachievers as of late. We'll have to see how Rogers and Wang pan out, if one of them fizzles Morrow, Happ and even Drabek will be there.

f Lawrie can return to last year's form (after finally recovering from his WBC injury) he's a stud too.
    Except for the fact that he wasn't really a stud last year. It's also the end of the June and he's rocking a 72 OPS+, the injury excuse doesn't really fly.

We'll have to see how Rogers and Wang pan out, if one of them fizzles Morrow, Happ and even Drabek will be there.
    Happ and Drabek are really bad. They'll be there, yes, but why would you want them to be? Morrow can't stay healthy and is forever inconsistent.

Thread Information