+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 347 FirstFirst ... 51 91 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 8672
    NYYF Triple Crown

Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DiMaggio5CF
    Incorrect. He'll say he's definitely going to sign with Chicago and that we should all tune in to his two-hour special next week to find out if it's going to be the White Sox or the Cubs.
    And then a month and a half reality show to see if he gets a September call-up
    "Never, never, never quit."-Winston Churchill.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84
    Cleveland guys, Cleveland.

He'll look like a hero and will hardly receive any animosity from Knick/Heat/Bull fans (not that he cares).
    It's a scenario that many Knick fans can accept better than going to Miami. However, there will still be some bitterness with the way he has orchestrated this one hour special. I for one, will never view him in as high regard I had him prior to this summer nor last summer when he showed me some cracks in his makeup with the way he acted after being eliminated from the playoffs.

We're two days into free agency and this thread has 2500 posts. At least the Knicks are kicking off the new decade with more attention towards them than most of the last decade combined.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84
    Cleveland guys, Cleveland.

He'll look like a hero and will hardly receive any animosity from Knick/Heat/Bull fans (not that he cares).
    Agreed. Unfortunately, at this point I'll be ecstatic he signs for Cleveland. Won't have to hate him, and the East remains open for the Knicks to contend if they make good moves.
    "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction. Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston."

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962
    It's a scenario that many Knick fans can accept better than going to Miami. However, there will still be some bitterness with the way he has orchestrated this one hour special. I for one, will never view him in as high regard I had him prior to this summer nor last summer when he showed me some cracks in his makeup with the way he acted after being eliminated from the playoffs.
    Yeah, and it was an overkill in the celtics series when he made sure to shake everyone's hand and then some. He even went to the crowd and shook hands because he knew the camera was fixated on him.

Quote Originally Posted by MooseDaGun
    We're two days into free agency and this thread has 2500 posts. At least the Knicks are kicking off the new decade with more attention towards them than most of the last decade combined.

It`s also time I`ll never get back in this LeBron Dog and Pony show......We`ve all been had.

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer
    It`s also time I`ll never get back in this LeBron Dog and Pony show......We`ve all been had.
    I would love to see "Lebron, You Wasted My Life" signs all over the NBA for Lebron road games next year.
    27-Time World Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962
    Waiting for what? I'm not comparing free agency systems in basketball versus baseball perse nor how one system affects their sport versus the other. I'm making a comment that Yankee fans, who root for their baseball team to sign major free agents away from other baseball teams are now faced with the possibility that the basketball team that many of them root for was rejected by a free agent they've coveted for 2-3 years. It has nothing to do with signing the equivalent of Pujols, Hanley and Mauer. It's just ironic that our NBA team has been dissed by Lebron and company.
    I see what you're saying, I'm just sensitive to inevitable angle that some people will take if the Heat pull this off. "Haha, how does it feel now Yankee fans, beaten at your own game".
    "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction. Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston."

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees13
    I see what you're saying, I'm just sensitive to inevitable angle that some people will take if the Heat pull this off. "Haha, how does it feel now Yankee fans, beaten at your own game".
    You're sensitive, I'm darn right annoyed about the whole freaking process that was exploited even moreso by the King Ego from Akron.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees13
    Beaten at our own game? We usually get free agents because we offer more money than any other team can afford to because the fans pour ridiculous amounts of cash into the franchise. I don't think having one guy on the team convince his two BFFs to take less money to come to his team so they can have late-night circle-jerks every weekend is really "our game."
    27-Time World Champions

NYYF Triple Crown

Beaten at our own game? We usually get free agents because we offer more money than any other team can afford to because the fans pour ridiculous amounts of cash into the franchise. I don't think having one guy on the team convince his two BFFs to take less money to come to his team so they can have late-night circle-jerks every weekend is really "our game."
    Well, not since Jeter and A-Rod stopped having slumber parties
    "Never, never, never quit."-Winston Churchill.

http://twitter.com/RicBucher

Reason for skepticism: LBJ wd be 3rd-highest paid, it's Wade's town, brand unquestionably tarnished, still at least a yr away from title.
    No way Lebron will accept being the 3rd highest paid.

Mostly, I just want Stephen A. Smith to be wrong.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'." - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by murpjf88

No way Lebron will accept being the 3rd highest paid.
    Posted on there now, listed as from 21 minutes ago:

In other words: no decision would inspire more head-scratching than the Heat. And Riley goes to straight into hypnotists Hall of Fame.
    27-Time World Champions

Unofficial Bucher poll results of those I've spoken to today: 4 for Cle, 3 for NY. Not sure why Chi got no love but it didn't.
    This probably means squat.

Posted on there now, listed as from 21 minutes ago:

In otherwords, probably taken for another ride.

In otherwords, probably taken for another ride.
    Seems like this guy is the only one saying he's not going to Miami. I have no idea who this guy is. Is he that credible that we should take what he's saying that seriously?
    27-Time World Champions

Here's the thing about Lebron being the third-highest paid. First of all, I don't know how he'd know that's true since no one sees to know the value of the Wade and Boch contracts.

Secondly, they could all be within $1,000 of each other. They'd basically be making the same salary, but technically Lebron would be third. Without the actual dollar values, it doesn't mean that much.

That said, if it is true, would Lebron's huge ego let him be the third-highest paid player on his own team, even if it is just largely symbolic?

Maybe they really are that good friends that it doesn't matter to Lebron. Of course, they would have to be like the best friends ever in the history of friends to counteract Lebron's ego.
    27-Time World Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston
    Wholeheartedly agree. This is obviously disappointing, but if you follow the team you still have to be very pleased with their direction
    Absolutely. Hey, the Knicks gave it their best shot - you can not force a guy to sign. Amare clearly wanted to sign here and is up for the challange; Lebron has other priorities. I won't kill him for going to Miami or leaving Cleveland (he's allowed to do what he wants to - he's earned his FA. Who am I to tell someone what to do with his life? The problem I have is that he's going make this breakup very public by airing it on ESPN), but I think that clearly he (a) didn't have the vision to see that the Knicks are headed in the right direction and might be serious contenders in a year or so, (b) wanted to win ASAP and (c) isn't necessarily up to the bright lights, big city.

In any case........as Walsh said today (he was on with Francesca), the last 2 years were about clearing the cap room. Now they are in very good position moving forward...........Knick fans have to realize the world doesn't begin or end with Lebron.

Hey, I'm not saying it makes sense, you know people will do it though.

Seems like this guy is the only one saying he's not going to Miami. I have no idea who this guy is. Is he that credible that we should take what he's saying that seriously?
    Rick Bucher works for ESPN as an NBA analyst. He is part of the problem. I wouldn't believe anything posted on twitter because its seems to harbor this kind of misinformation.

Rick Bucher works for ESPN as an NBA analyst. He is part of the problem. I wouldn't believe anything posted on twitter because its seems to harbor this kind of misinformation.
    I wouldn't believe anything coming out of ESPN at all. Lebron's plans leaking will do nothing but hurt the ratings of their show tonight. The best thing they can do is create confusion so that no one is sure of anything and everyone thinks they have to tune in tonight to find out.
    27-Time World Champions

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE
    Stephan A. Smith said on Francesa show that this was planned a long time ago. Well before FA.

So basically all this was done out of fun. They played 5 teams and their fan bases.
    That ticked me off when I heard that..............so all the teams went through this hard work and preparation for nothing. We're supposed to praise them to high heavens because they are taking less $$ to play with each other? They just wasted the Knicks, Nets, Clippers (lol, but still), Cavs and Bulls' time - very nice.

The Knicks sound pretty annoyed - and good. I can't blame Lebron for wanting to win right away, but he clearly was not up to the challenge of playing in NY.

I wouldn't believe anything coming out of ESPN at all. Lebron's plans leaking will do nothing but hurt the ratings of their show tonight. The best thing they can do is create confusion so that no one is sure of anything and everyone thinks they have to tune in tonight to find out.
    And this is exactly what's happening. ESPN's cashing in big. Twitter is being used to transmit misinformation to try to confuse the public while increasing its mass viewership for tonight's big announcement.

they are doing all this "reporting" to get people to watch the coverage pre-announcement show as well.
    always reasonable

Thread Information