+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 347 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 8672
  1. #1
    NYYF Legend

    Snatch Catch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA

    The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    Out from one of the worst cap situations the league has ever seen.

    Finally.

    Onward and upward!
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

  2. #2

    Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    I've been waiting for this thread/year for a longggggggggg time.

    And I think we can finally say, Go Knicks!

  3. #3
    NYYF Cy Young

    ksison's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ

    Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    could it be?
    NYK // NYG // NYY

  4. #4
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    LeBron and (enter name of James's new wingman). It will happen. Believe!

    *cue the one Nets fan here that comes in and will tell us how the Knicks wont sign anyone, will win 15 games next year, and his Nets will sign James and win the next 6 championships in a row*

  5. #5
    Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Too Close to Fenway

    Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045
    LeBron and (enter name of James's new wingman). It will happen. Believe!

    *cue the one Nets fan here that comes in and will tell us how the Knicks wont sign anyone, will win 15 games next year, and his Nets will sign James and win the next 6 championships in a row*
    Well, if they don't sign anyone they will suck next year, since they only have like 4 guys under contract.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

  6. #6
    NYYF Legend

    chanman7483's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore

    Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    Can't wait for the most exciting off-season in 13,14 years. (the year they brought in Houston, Johnson, and childs and also drafted John Wallace, Walter McCarthy, and Dontae Jones.

    None of the picks panned out, but it was an exciting time nonetheless.

  7. #7
    NYYF Legend

    RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Manchester, NJ

    Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    John Wallace and Walter McCarty.

  8. #8
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    I have to admit....I thought Wallace was gonna be a real good player in this league. I remember watching him single-handedly carry Syracuse to the title game in 1996 and just dominating everyone. Was so friggin excited when we drafted him. Yeah that didnt work out so well.

  9. #9
    NYYF Legend

    RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Manchester, NJ

    Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045
    I have to admit....I thought Wallace was gonna be a real good player in this league. I remember watching him single-handedly carry Syracuse to the title game in 1996 and just dominating everyone. Was so friggin excited when we drafted him. Yeah that didnt work out so well.
    Didn't he lead the NCAA in scoring one year?

    EDIT: No, that was Kurt Thomas.

  10. #10
    NYYF Legend

    Kluivert4Ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden

    Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
    Didn't he lead the NCAA in scoring one year?

    EDIT: No, that was Kurt Thomas.
    The latter also lead the league in rebounding.

  11. #11
    #1 Yankee fan yankeesrule2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    Quote from LeBron James today at his Mvp press conference..

    At his MVP Award ceremony at the University of Akron on Sunday, LeBron James was asked by Tom Withers of the Associated Press how he could ever "leave this," referring to his impending free-agency decision this summer.

    But James did not answer the question directly or take the opportunity to reassure Cavs' fans that he is leaning toward remaining in Cleveland.

    "I love, I mean, Akron, Ohio to the death," James said. "No matter where life may heads me, throughout my whole life, ummm, I’m never gone from here."

    http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir...about_leaving/

    Welcome to New York Lebron James!
    Rich

  12. #12
    NYYF Legend

    chanman7483's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore

    Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    I'm scared to death of Joe Johnson ending up here with a maxed out contract. He is not the guy.

  13. #13
    NYYF Legend

    RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Manchester, NJ

    Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule2000
    Quote from LeBron James today at his Mvp press conference..

    At his MVP Award ceremony at the University of Akron on Sunday, LeBron James was asked by Tom Withers of the Associated Press how he could ever "leave this," referring to his impending free-agency decision this summer.

    But James did not answer the question directly or take the opportunity to reassure Cavs' fans that he is leaning toward remaining in Cleveland.

    "I love, I mean, Akron, Ohio to the death," James said. "No matter where life may heads me, throughout my whole life, ummm, Iím never gone from here."

    http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir...about_leaving/

    Welcome to New York Lebron James!
    I like how he references Akron, but not Cleveland.

  14. #14

    Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule2000
    Quote from LeBron James today at his Mvp press conference..

    At his MVP Award ceremony at the University of Akron on Sunday, LeBron James was asked by Tom Withers of the Associated Press how he could ever "leave this," referring to his impending free-agency decision this summer.

    But James did not answer the question directly or take the opportunity to reassure Cavs' fans that he is leaning toward remaining in Cleveland.

    "I love, I mean, Akron, Ohio to the death," James said. "No matter where life may heads me, throughout my whole life, ummm, Iím never gone from here."

    http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir...about_leaving/

    Welcome to New York Lebron James!
    Believe.

  15. #15
    #1 Yankee fan yankeesrule2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YanksFan1992
    Believe.
    Rich

  16. #16

    Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by chanman7483
    I'm scared to death of Joe Johnson ending up here with a maxed out contract. He is not the guy.
    Assuming Dirk doesn't opt out, he's probably the 5th best available FA after LBJ, Wade, Bosh, and Amare. Dude's health and consistency is uncanny.

  17. #17
    Compulsively Handsome cyhughes22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Back in Gotham.

    Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Joba-Walkee
    Assuming Dirk doesn't opt out, he's probably the 5th best available FA after LBJ, Wade, Bosh, and Amare. Dude's health and consistency is uncanny.
    He's not worth max money though. And he's certainly not worth the two ridiculous years of pure failure on every level except clearing cap space that we've been forced to put up with. If they don't get Lebron, Carmelo or Chris Paul out of the moves they've made then it's a complete and utter failure.
    [IMG]http://www.espnstar.com/servlet/file/445651_33_preview.jpg?ITEM_ENT_ID=445651&COLLSPEC_ENT_ID=10&FILE_SERVICE_CONF_ID=33[/IMG]

  18. #18
    NYYF Legend

    chanman7483's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore

    Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhughes22
    He's not worth max money though. And he's certainly not worth the two ridiculous years of pure failure on every level except clearing cap space that we've been forced to put up with. If they don't get Lebron, Carmelo or Chris Paul out of the moves they've made then it's a complete and utter failure.
    What about DWade? I would love D Wade up in this biotch as well. I was reading a great article this morning that was saying how Wade was a perfect example of a super duper star that needs the bright lights of the big city to take his stardom to the next level. He is doing these incredible things in Miami and no one seems to notice. NBA fans do, but even then, people throw out Melo, Kobe, and Lebron(and CP3) before they mention Wade. He would become a household name if he continued his current production (and hopefully simultaneously winning) to NY. He already has a Chip and Finals MVP, so why not move onto his next big project - bringing the title back to NY. Endorsements would follow, etcetcetc. All he has is the T-Mobile thing w/ Barkley. Of course, he's my number 2 plan, but it would be a nice consolation. With our luck, he breaks/tears something the 2nd week of the season and pulls an Allan Houston for the remainder of his contract.

    Amare is my top guy as second banana in my dream world. I have come around to him - I think he's putting in a lot of work and is one tough SOB. Def back to pre-surgery Amare plus he's added a nice mid range J.

    Except he can't rebound for his life..

  19. #19

    Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhughes22
    He's not worth max money though. And he's certainly not worth the two ridiculous years of pure failure on every level except clearing cap space that we've been forced to put up with. If they don't get Lebron, Carmelo or Chris Paul out of the moves they've made then it's a complete and utter failure.
    You've got nothing to attract FA outside of MSG and NYC, and no tradable assets. If Joe Johnson is willing to come, I think you have to take him.
    Shotgun rebuilding is dumb in the first place anyway.

  20. #20
    NYYF Legend

    Snatch Catch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA

    Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    Hilarious! Joba-Walkee is back, and he's back BIG!

    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

  21. #21

    Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by chanman7483
    What about DWade? I would love D Wade up in this biotch as well. I was reading a great article this morning that was saying how Wade was a perfect example of a super duper star that needs the bright lights of the big city to take his stardom to the next level. He is doing these incredible things in Miami and no one seems to notice. NBA fans do, but even then, people throw out Melo, Kobe, and Lebron(and CP3) before they mention Wade. He would become a household name if he continued his current production (and hopefully simultaneously winning) to NY. He already has a Chip and Finals MVP, so why not move onto his next big project - bringing the title back to NY. Endorsements would follow, etcetcetc. All he has is the T-Mobile thing w/ Barkley. Of course, he's my number 2 plan, but it would be a nice consolation. With our luck, he breaks/tears something the 2nd week of the season and pulls an Allan Houston for the remainder of his contract.

    Amare is my top guy as second banana in my dream world. I have come around to him - I think he's putting in a lot of work and is one tough SOB. Def back to pre-surgery Amare plus he's added a nice mid range J.

    Except he can't rebound for his life..
    ...Wade has to be one of the most identifiable people in the league. Easily a top 5 player and probably the third most recognizable after LeBron and Kobe.

  22. #22

    Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch
    Hilarious! Joba-Walkee is back, and he's back BIG!

    Over/under on the number of his posts in here after we get LeBron?

  23. #23
    NYYF Legend

    chanman7483's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore

    Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Joba-Walkee
    ...Wade has to be one of the most identifiable people in the league. Easily a top 5 player and probably the third most recognizable after LeBron and Kobe.
    Did you not read what I wrote? I said he is recognizable and respected among NBA fans, but he is slotted in many times behind Kobe, Lebron, Melo, and CP3 from what I've read and heard on podcasts. Casual viewers, people off the street who don't follow the NBA are far far less likely to know who he is rather than Lebron IMO.

    As far as being recognizable and needing a bigger market, note the support of my arguement in the fact that Lebron made 25 million in endorsements in 2007, and DWade made a healthy 12 million dollars. 12 Million dollars is awesome, but since you probably haven't entered Algebra 2 yet, that's less than half of what Lebron made plus Wade was coming off a championship and a finals MVP. So where was the endorsement love for him? The world has certainly gotten smaller bc of mass media, internet, etc, but this is a very good example of how the 17th largest media market(miami) just isn't cutting it for Wade.

  24. #24
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    Stern came out and said he hopes LeBron stays in Cleveland. Wouldnt be surprised at all if Stern tries to pressure him.

  25. #25

    Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by chanman7483
    Did you not read what I wrote? I said he is recognizable and respected among NBA fans, but he is slotted in many times behind Kobe, Lebron, Melo, and CP3 from what I've read and heard on podcasts. Casual viewers, people off the street who don't follow the NBA are far far less likely to know who he is rather than Lebron IMO.

    As far as being recognizable and needing a bigger market, note the support of my arguement in the fact that Lebron made 25 million in endorsements in 2007, and DWade made a healthy 12 million dollars. 12 Million dollars is awesome, but since you probably haven't entered Algebra 2 yet, that's less than half of what Lebron made plus Wade was coming off a championship and a finals MVP. So where was the endorsement love for him? The world has certainly gotten smaller bc of mass media, internet, etc, but this is a very good example of how the 17th largest media market(miami) just isn't cutting it for Wade.
    You failed to mention that Wade was the third largest earner that year. Ahead of Melo and CP3. Now I know not everyone can be super brilliant at math so this concept might escape you, but I think it's pretty safe to say 10 is lower than numbers greater then 10.

    I've never heard anyone say they'd take Melo or Paul over Wade, unless health was in the discussion. I didn't know NY had holy water that would shield him from future injuries. And if NY does have that, I'm kind of annoyed they didn't give any to Pavano.


    He was making half as much as LeBron because LeBron came into the league with more hype than anyone, ever, in any sport. Wade was thought of as a reach, while still being considered Shaq's wingman.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts