+ Reply to Thread
Page 347 of 347 FirstFirst ... 247 297 337 344 345 346 347
Results 8,651 to 8,672 of 8672

Re: The 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brick Tamland View Post
    I know the season has to be considered a success given the ineptitude of recent Knick teams but I've got to vent for one second here...

What an abomination this weekend. After those two games up in Boston where they showed guts, and grit and heart, to come home and lay two unbelievable eggs and roll over is just unacceptable. Toney Douglas - get off my team. You are a human turnover-machine. Wow driving into the lane wildly and dishing the rock to NO ONE in particular didn't work? I'm shocked. Landry Fields - WTF dude? Cringingly bad. Jeffries - I know you're only on the court for your D, but please bro, develop some kind of game that will allow you to score from 2 feet under the hoop.

Anthony Carter - thank you for showing up and at least trying to fight in game 4.

Just a miserable way to lose. Fast starts for the Celtics in both those games and you just knew there was no way the Knicks were going to be able to come back. Just an awful feeling.
    I'm sorry you feel that way; I don't know how you can say the team rolled over though. If they had, how come they cut the lead down the way they did?

I thought it was really great of Knicks fans to cheer their team for the season they had - good times to be sure are ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbooster View Post
    I'm sorry you feel that way; I don't know how you can say the team rolled over though. If they had, how come they cut the lead down the way they did?

I thought it was really great of Knicks fans to cheer their team for the season they had - good times to be sure are ahead.
    I'm just frustrated. The two games in Boston were nail-biters to the last second but the two at the Garden were doomed from the get-go with the early lead the Knicks kept spotting the Celtics. You'd think in an elimination game, the Knicks would play a little bit better.

It was nice to see the fans back and cheering for their team again but it was a tough way to bow out of the playoffs.

NYYF Legend

Who's the best player Chris Paul has ever played with?

Can't be anyone like Melo or Amar'e.

Can you imagine Paul's assist numbers? It would be like Rondo's. But unlike Rondo, he can hit a jump shot.

Best PG when healthy. And he looks healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Who's the best player Chris Paul has ever played with?

Can't be anyone like Melo or Amar'e.

Can you imagine Paul's assist numbers? It would be like Rondo's. But unlike Rondo, he can hit a jump shot.

Best PG when healthy. And he looks healthy.
    I hope he really, really wants to come here........

Quote Originally Posted by Brick Tamland View Post
    I'm just frustrated. The two games in Boston were nail-biters to the last second but the two at the Garden were doomed from the get-go with the early lead the Knicks kept spotting the Celtics. You'd think in an elimination game, the Knicks would play a little bit better.

It was nice to see the fans back and cheering for their team again but it was a tough way to bow out of the playoffs.
    It was frustrating those 2 games, but let's face it - they probably played as well as they were capable of in NY given they had Melo, an injured Amare and some nice role players.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbooster View Post
    I hope he really, really wants to come here........
    No doubt he does. He's the one that made the now famous toast.

CAA will also make sure he finds his way here.

NYYF Legend

Donnie close to extension:

Report: Knicks near two-year extension for Donnie Walsh
    Kurt Helin Apr 25, 2011, 8:10 AM EDT
    Leave a comment

AP
    The season has ended, let the speculation about the Knicks begin.

It all starts with Donnie Walsh — the contract for the team president and defacto GM is up on April 30. Knicks owner James Dolan has to make a decision this week.

And more than just pick up an option, he is looking to extend Walsh for two years, reports Ken Berger of CBSSports.com.

Walsh, 69, has an option for the 2011-12 season to be exercised by April 30, but the more likely scenario is a two-year extension that would keep the architect of the Knicks’ revival at the helm through the critical next phase of the rebuilding plan…

“It’s basically going to be Donnie’s call whether he wants to come back,” said the person with knowledge of the organization’s intentions.

Bringing him back would be the only smart course of action. Walsh is guy who pulled New York out of the salary cap hell that Isiah Thomas had them in — even while landing two legitimate stars they are paying half the salary. He brought in Amar’e Stoudemore and helped get Carmelo Anthony.

Walsh has not been perfect, but he deserves the chance to finish the rebuilding job he started.

Sounds like he is going to get the chance.

NYYF Legend

It's going to have to wait until after next season, hopefully Amar'e will still be a force then

NYYF Legend

Melo also wants to be a Knick too. But he can't wait for joining them through FA as he also loves money. If Knicks and CAA somehow find a way to gives him max contract or CP3 is willing to take less while Melo and Amare both take max contracts, credits to them.

NYYF Legend

I find it hard to believe a team is going to give Paul a max with bad knees.

Especially considering teams might have to spend their big money wisely with a likely hard cap.

The good news for the Knicks is that most teams have PGs already. So the competition is slim.

I can probably see a bad team offering him a max. Minnesota (they have a million PGs already) Bobcats..

but will he sign with those teams over Melo and Amar'e? I can't get in his head but my guess is no.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan122 View Post
    They want to lower the cap, lower current salaries and get a hard cap.
    This isn't true.

They don't want all those things. It would be a little more accurate if you changed the "and" to an "or".

A lowered cap AND the implementation of a hard cap would never be demanded by the owners. They'd want a lowered soft cap OR the implementation of a hard cap, number to be determined.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

I find it hard to believe a team is going to give Paul a max with bad knees.

Especially considering teams might have to spend their big money wisely with a likely hard cap.

The good news for the Knicks is that most teams have PGs already. So the competition is slim.

I can probably see a bad team offering him a max. Minnesota (they have a million PGs already) Bobcats..

but will he sign with those teams over Melo and Amar'e? I can't get in his head but my guess is no.
    Ironic because the Knicks got Amare a fully guaranteed contract with bad knees which 30 other teams would not have done.

Someone will give it to him especially with the talent he has. Look how hes holding up to the lakers.

Knicks will not get CP3 or D-Howard or D-will keep dreaming Knick fans

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bboy500 View Post
    Ironic because the Knicks got Amare a fully guaranteed contract with bad knees which 30 other teams would not have done.

Someone will give it to him especially with the talent he has. Look how hes holding up to the lakers.

Hold on a second, you don't know that.

Sounds like you're dreaming they don't get any of those players.

The only teams that will offer Paul a max are bad teams. Maybe looking for a splash.

Most teams have PGs already or they're good but just have so much money tied up into bad contracts.
    The Mavs, Hawks and Magic are three teams like that.

He's not signing with Minny or the freaking Bobcats. I don't care if he's from the NC area.

I guarantee he comes to the Knicks to play with his friends for less money.

Hold on a second, you don't know that.

Sounds like you're dreaming they don't get any of those players.

The only teams that will offer Paul a max are bad teams. Maybe looking for a splash.

Most teams have PGs already or they're good but just have so much money tied up into bad contracts.
    The Mavs, Hawks and Magic are three teams like that.

He's not signing with Minny or the freaking Bobcats. I don't care if he's from the NC area.

I guarantee he comes to the Knicks to play with his friends for less money.
    I think Chris Paul is the one that the Knicks target. D-Will likely will stay a Net. Nets will get him help. Maybe not Dwight Howard (though they'll certainly try), but they'll get him some help and he probably stays to be the face of that franchise.

Dwight Howard is likely traded and I don't think the Knicks have the pieces to make a trade. He's young, durable, dominant, and plays a position where there's few players if any that compare to him.

PG is a position where the NBA is loaded. I think Rose, D-Will, CP3, and Westbrook are a notch above the others, but there's other PGs in the league like Rondo, Wall, Nash, Kidd, Collison, Nelson, and even a guy like Devon Harris. So basically there's not as many teams that crave a PG as much as they do a Center. Especially a legit one and not some undersized one that happens to be playing as some team's center.

Paul if healthy is arguably a top 5 to 10 player in the entire NBA. I'd argue that he's a better player than Melo, but circumstances change things...like timing of free agency, a team's desperation, or a new CBA.

Plus Chris Paul will make plenty of endorsements and unlike with Melo, this isn't gonna be a Nets/Knicks fight over the player. So Paul might have to take less (at least in year 1) I believe once a guy is signed they can go over the cap the following years. So basically just backload the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bboy500 View Post

Interesting that you seem to know so much because Chris Mannix (who I can only assume knows more than you) seems to disagree with you and has reported in the past there are people close to him pushing him to NYK due to the perception that it is a better situation for him to be playing in a big market with 'Melo and STAT over an aging Lakers roster and Kobe.

But I'm sure you know more than the experts.

NYYF Legend

So Paul might have to take less (at least in year 1) I believe once a guy is signed they can go over the cap the following years. So basically just backload the deal.
    A one year deal with the promise for a bigger, multiyear deal the following year is a good way to set your franchise back a decade.

If you're talking about simply aggressively backloading a multi year deal this offseason, I don't believe that is possible under the current CBA.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

I think Chris Paul is the one that the Knicks target. D-Will likely will stay a Net. Nets will get him help. Maybe not Dwight Howard (though they'll certainly try), but they'll get him some help and he probably stays to be the face of that franchise.

Dwight Howard is likely traded and I don't think the Knicks have the pieces to make a trade. He's young, durable, dominant, and plays a position where there's few players if any that compare to him.

PG is a position where the NBA is loaded. I think Rose, D-Will, CP3, and Westbrook are a notch above the others, but there's other PGs in the league like Rondo, Wall, Nash, Kidd, Collison, Nelson, and even a guy like Devon Harris. So basically there's not as many teams that crave a PG as much as they do a Center. Especially a legit one and not some undersized one that happens to be playing as some team's center.

Paul if healthy is arguably a top 5 to 10 player in the entire NBA. I'd argue that he's a better player than Melo, but circumstances change things...like timing of free agency, a team's desperation, or a new CBA.

Plus Chris Paul will make plenty of endorsements and unlike with Melo, this isn't gonna be a Nets/Knicks fight over the player. So Paul might have to take less (at least in year 1) I believe once a guy is signed they can go over the cap the following years. So basically just backload the deal.
    Agreed.

I think things are looking good for the Knicks to end up with Paul.

Also helps that his agent/s are CAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    A one year deal with the promise for a bigger, multiyear deal the following year is a good way to set your franchise back a decade.

If you're talking about simply aggressively backloading a multi year deal this offseason, I don't believe that is possible under the current CBA.
    Might want to check out the contracts of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm

They all took less in year 1, but they all get raises in the following years which is allowed because you can go over the cap under the current CBA if it is to retain your own players.

Agreed.

I think things are looking good for the Knicks to end up with Paul.

Also helps that his agent/s are CAA.
    I don't particularly care for the CAA as they're sorta like basketball's version of Boras, but yes it helps in this instance.

NYYF Legend

"Coach knows offense," one player explained. "It would be nice to set plays, control pace and not jack up shots just because you're open. But that's what Coach does. You could live with it if we played defense. But obviously, we haven't done that much. Good, bad or otherwise, all I can say is that I've never seen anything like this."

Isn't this what we've been complaining about?

Jacking up ill advised shots and bad D.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...hen&id=6425665

NYYF Legend

Might want to check out the contracts of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm
    Right and those raises are percentages metered by the current cba. The kind of contact you seem to be suggesting isn't supported, from what I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Right and those raises are percentages metered by the current cba. The kind of contact you seem to be suggesting isn't supported, from what I understand.
    I don't mean like he plays for 1 million one year and 28 the next. I just mean that he takes a little less the 1st year and gets increases the rest of the years. It would be less than the max deal, but really it would only be the 1st season that's taking much of the hit. By the later years he'd be really well.

Thread Information