+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: NFL Mock Draft

Re: NFL Mock Draft

The Raiders have many holes to fill and will look to trade down, but without any takers they will fill the biggest need.....

The Raiders pick.....Jimmy Clausen, QB Notre Dame

Thus ending the Jamarcus Russell disaster.

My apologies for the delay, I'll be checking in more frequently for future picks.

This year I don't know what direction the Bills will go in. Buddy Nix didn't pick an OL in the first round in any of his drafts in San Diego. I would personally pick Trent Williams here but I'm going to go with what I think the Bills will do.

With the 9th overall pick, the Buffalo Bills select C.J. Spiller, RB Clemson.

Trent Williams would make a lot of sense here, but the belief is that Marshawn Lynch is going to be traded draft day. With Marshawn leaving Buffalo, the Bills pick up the top back of the 2010. Nix said that Buffalo's biggest problem is that they reached for their biggest need and that his style is to take the best player available.

I could be wrong about Lynch leaving but that is the speculation in Buffalo right now.

Edit to add: Due to my terrible MS Paint job, I am beginning to wonder why there isn't a program that has the top draft prospects where you can put every team's jersey in their hand. I think it'd be pretty cool.

We need a pick for Jacksonville in case dabomb does not post tonight. He is on vacation and that alone is far far more important than this so I don't expect him to. Let's hear some ideas guys.

Picks for Jacksonville, Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech or Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame

Quote Originally Posted by mylo
    Picks for Jacksonville, Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech or Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
    It's a bit early for Tate, and DE is a bigger need for them than WR, so I'd go with Morgan.

Jason Pierre-Paul
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

The Jacksonville Jaguars select Derrick Morgan, DE Georgia Tech.

With Dez Bryant already off the board, with the 11th in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select Rolando McClain, a linebacker from Alabama.

Miami filled their biggest need on offense, acquiring WR Brandon Marshall from Denver. Now they will address the defensive side of the ball and select.......

DE Jason Pierre Paul, So. Florida.

This pick will also seal the deal of Jason Taylor signing with the Jets!

With the 13th pick of the NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers take Trent Williams, OL Oklahoma.

He fell a bit and the 49ers just had to select him.

The Seahawks need an offensive tackle, so with the 14th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Seahawks select Anthony Davis, OT from Rutgers.

It's a bit of a reach, but an OT was necessary, although a trade down would be best if possible.

With the 15th overall selection, the New York Giants select Joe Haden, CB University of Florida

The Giants have more pressing issues on both sides of the ball, but Jerry Reese is a believer in positional value and Haden is the best corner in the draft. With Kevin Dockery departing and Aaron Ross' reliability in question, depth at corner needed to be addressed at some point.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

NYYF HOF

Tennessee Titans select DT Dan Williams.
    NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
    2010 & 2011 Gehrig Division Champs.

dabomb is still on vacation so with the 17th pick of the NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers take Earl Thomas, S, Texas
    Last edited by TheManKnownAsMecca; 04-18-10 at 07:19 PM.

We might want to cut the time per person to 3-4 hours, or there is no way this is going to be finished before the actual draft.

Quote Originally Posted by YanksFan1992
    We might want to cut the time per person to 3-4 hours, or there is no way this is going to be finished before the actual draft.
    We definitely need the picks to be made in a more timely matter but I don't want to cut it so short in case a pick is made at like midnight. I can't expect people to be on here constantly. That said, we do have a lot to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManKnownAsMecca
    We definitely need the picks to be made in a more timely matter but I don't want to cut it so short in case a pick is made at like midnight. I can't expect people to be on here constantly. That said, we do have a lot to get through.
    So there's 96 hours until the draft. If we consider Midnight-8 AM (eastern time) "dead time," that would leave 64 hours until the draft. Considering we have 15 picks left, four hours per person (excluding the dead time) would just about do it.

It's completely your call though, I don't care either way.

Edit: I meant to add that I mistakenly took Taylor Mays for the Niners and was supposed to pick Earl Thomas so the pick was changed.

YanksFan I agree on the eight hour deadline but I have some picks coming up which won't take any time at all so that will speed things up and I know you will pick quickly too.

mylo, Atlanta is on the clock.

I'm giving mylo until 3 pm EST before we move on.

Atlanta picks..... Brandon Graham DE Michigan

Houston desperately needs a CB, so the Houston Texans select Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers

The Bengals are tempted to take Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma but don't want to give up on their 3rd round pick from last year. For that reason, the Cincinnati Bengals select Taylor Mays, S, USC.

NYYF HOF

NE takes TE Jermaine Gresham
    NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
    2010 & 2011 Gehrig Division Champs.

Thread Information