+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: NFL Mock Draft

Re: NFL Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by TheManKnownAsMecca
    Excellent. We are all set. Does Friday or Saturday sound like a better starting date? I'll determine the start based on input.
    I don't really care either way, but I guess I'd go with Saturday.

Just so you know Mecca....I'll be on vacation in Cali beginning Thursday for about 12 days. I'll be able to hop on the internet every now and then, but it will prob be sporadic. I'll make my picks but it might take me more time then usual.

I'm fine with either.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball: Boras's Holdouts
    NYYFans Fantasy Football: Norwood's Wide Rights

Ok, we'll go with Saturday. Technically you have 24 hours to make a pick but we don't want people to wait a full 24 hours if possible. The obvious reason is that the draft is right around the corner. The sooner you make your pick the better. Feel free to insert pictures into your pick and give analysis of why the team needs the player.

Mike if you are worried you can always send me a list of players your team would take if available as the pick gets closer. Let me know. We'll start Saturday at noon EST.

Just a reminder, tomorrow at noon EST the NYYFans.com NFL Draft begins. Clive will be on the clock drafting for the St. Louis Rams.

Welcome everyone to the 2010 NFL Draft. We have coverage today from both ESPN and the NFL Network. We'll hear from Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, Chris Berman, Mort, Mike Tirico, Mike Mayock, Rich Eisen, Emmitt Smith, and many others.

The Rams have made their first pick and it is just a matter of time before it is announced. We'll see everyone back here in a little less than one hour!

Welcome everyone to the 2010 NFL Draft. We are coming off a great year where the New Orleans Saints had a magical season and won their first Super Bowl. Today the draft begins with the St. Louis Rams. The pick has been turned in.

With the first pick of the 2010 NFL Draft the Saint Louis Rams select Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford.

Clive's Analysis:

A few weeks ago I would have really considered taking Suh or Gerald McCoy here with the hopes that there would be a decent quarterback left in the second or third round. St. Louis just has so many holes to fill that grabbing one of those guys and a McCoy or Tebow later might be the best way to accumulate as much talent as possible.

However, they went and cut Bulger outright, which means that whoever I'm drafting at QB is probably going to be starting and is going to be the best quarterback on the team. So with the first pick of the draft, I'm taking QB Sam Bradford, Oklahoma. Here's hoping he's NFL ready and not Ryan Leaf.

The Detroit Lions and TheFUTURE are on the clock.

Sorry for not seeing this thread sooner. I'm always up for this.

Since their pick is late, is it possible me to make Dallas' pick (if its not too much trouble)?
    The idea of letting a Giants fan make it is just sickening...

To quote the honorable Gov. Rod Blagojevich....

Ive got this thing and its f-ing golden. Im not giving it up for f-ing nothing. Im not gonna do it. And, and I can always use it. I can parachute me there.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

TheFUTURE has had well over 24 hours so the pick will be made for him. With the second pick of the NFL draft, the Detroit Lions select Ndamukong Suh, DT Nebraska. Tampa Bay is on the clock.

NYYF HOF

Tampa Bay with the 3rd Pick take Gerald McCoy, DT- OK

Dez Bryant would be a good pick here as well, but the Defense needs to become the heartbeat of this team again. McCoy is a stud after Suh.
    NYYFans FBBL: Babe's Blasts

RIP Pete Cheng; the commish will be missed.

Kiper: So far no real surprises here. I think the top three prospects are now off the board so it will really get interesting here. While Dez Bryant would have been a great target for years to come for Josh Freeman, taking McCoy was the smartest move Tampa Bay could make.

Ox, the Dallas pick is all yours.

With the #4 overall pick, the Washington Redskins select.....Russell Okung, OL, Oklahoma State.

The Chiefs really wanted Russell Okung to help out their dire, dire, awful Offensive Line. But as usual, there are plenty of good prospects in that area of the field, so.............................

With the 5th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, The Kansas City Chiefs select:

Bryan Bulaga - OT - Iowa

Really thought about creating a stir and selecting McClain...but decided to go with a possible impact player in the trenches.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

Emmitt Smith: Bryan Bulaga bologna balloons blasphemy. I can't put together sentences well but great pick.

With the 6th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select:

Safety Eric Berry from the Tennessee Volunteers

Going into the draft, the Seahawks have a number of holes to fill, including OT, DE as well as the need for a running back.

However, with a current safety core of Jamar Adams and Jordan Babineaux (the man who caught Tony Romo from behind after he fumbled the field goal snap in the Cowboys-Seahawks playoff game from a few years ago), the Seahawks are also in need of a safety. Okung and Bulaga are off the board, and it is still too early for any defensive end or running back CJ Spiller.

Thus, Eric Berry, almost unanimously considered one of the top five players in the draft, was the easy pick here, and the hope is that he can be a great safety for years to come.

NYYF HOF

With the 7th pick the Browns take Dez Bryant - WR OK State

Sorry, trying to do this on my phone from work.
    Last edited by ruthianblast; 04-12-10 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ruthianblast
    With the 7th pick the Browns take Sam Bradford, QB - OK.

This is a no brainer @ 7; he's 1st overall talent. Delhomme & Wallace are not the long term answer here. OL was another potential pick here, but a QB is huge need.
    Bradford was taken first overall. Did you mean Clausen?

Berman: I love Dez Bryant. I think in 5 years he may be the best player in this draft, but who is going to throw him the ball in Cleveland Mort?

Mort: I could see Cleveland taking Colt McCoy next round if available. If not, there are other prospects available and Jake Delhomme will run the helm.

mylo, you are on the clock. Apparently you do not have private messaging on here. Hope you see this!

I'm holding out hope for mylo to show up but his posts are very sporadic. That said, I'd like everyone's input on pick 8. Partly because I have pick 9 and also because I don't want to have to choose by myself. You are allowed to pick anyone you believe they'll take but here are my top 2:

Trent Williams- IMO the best OL in the draft still sitting here.

Jimmy Clausen- They desperately need a QB and Clausen looks good. That said, they are still paying Russell big money so they may take a QB in round 2 or later.

PM me your picks for Oakland or write them here. You can nominate 2 people and we'll tally up the final scores if mylo does not show up.

NYYF HOF

I'm holding out hope for mylo to show up but his posts are very sporadic. That said, I'd like everyone's input on pick 8. Partly because I have pick 9 and also because I don't want to have to choose by myself. You are allowed to pick anyone you believe they'll take but here are my top 2:

Jimmy Clausen- They desperately need a QB and Clausen looks good. That said, they are still paying Russell big money so they may take a QB in round 2 or later.

PM me your picks for Oakland or write them here. You can nominate 2 people and we'll tally up the final scores if mylo does not show up.
    I like CJ Spiller for Da Radaihs

NYYF Legend

It's between Bruce Campbell and Trent Williams IMO.

I think Trent Williams is better but Bruce Campbell's excellent Combine performance may attract the Raiders more.

I'd say their biggest need is QB, so I'd go with Clausen.

Thread Information