+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Master List of all Yankee Seats & Rows

I'm compiling a master list of every single row and seat number at Yankee Stadium for future reference for myself and for the public at large, but I need your help. I've done some of the hard part by listing every section number and every row in each section in a google spreadsheet, and updated it with the contributions of other board members (see next page).

This is what I need you to do:

1) Open up and have a look at the latest list of seat numbers: Google Docs: NYS Row Inventory

2) Next time you're at Yankee Stadium, jot down the first and last seat number for the rows closest to you in your seats

3) Fill in the seat numbers for the rows in your section in the Spreadsheet and let us know about it on this thread

As an alternative, you can also post your data in this thread and I or someone else will add it manually. You can also post info that you already know. When it's complete, we'll have a master list for everyone to use when looking up seats that they're interested in buying or that they'll be using at future games. Public and free information for everyone.

If there are conflicts, talk about it here before deleting someone else's data.

Thanks in advance for participating!
    Last edited by GordonGecko; 03-10-10 at 10:00 PM. Reason: CHANGED FILE FORMAT TO GOOGLE DOCS

Re: Master List of all Yankee Seats & Rows

use google docs and let everyone have access.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy429
    use google docs and let everyone have access.
    I took a stab at it but the formating came out wrong. But if you thing it's better to do it that way I'll keep working at it

Thanks to Sam for starting it off by email

Addicted Member

407 has an a and b.

im sending you a ton more of info keep a look out

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by anyonebutarod
    thank you mr. geko, great idea..

i will start it off sec 420b row 7 30 seats.
    Ok thanks will add it to the list

My small contribution: Grandstand 423 Row 14 has 30 seats.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko
    I took a stab at it but the formating came out wrong. But if you thing it's better to do it that way I'll keep working at it

Thanks to Sam for starting it off by email
    GG, change your email above to mlbgecko at yahoo dot com otherwise internet progs may pick it up and start spamming you crazy.

Devoted Member

410 row 6
    16 seats

I am absolutely positive that there is a good reason for this. I really am...

I don't mean to spoil the fun, but isn't going to this map and clicking on each section much easier?

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/b...ng_pricing.jsp

The row numbers appear on the second line in the text box on the right. You also get a photo of the view from the center of the section and a range of pricing for that section.

Unless, of course, the purpose of the exercise rests in the process and not the result...

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

I think GG wants to log the exact starting and ending seat #'s for each section (And I thought compiling last year's STH list was enough work.) I think it's a good idea (albeit time-consuming.) When I switch seats, I would like to know in advance how many seats are in each row, though I won't be switching again until next year.
    I agree with whoever said that it should be on Google Docs so we can all edit it. Otherwise you will go crazy; there are only 53,000 seats at Yankee Stadium.

GG, if you're bored, how 'bout helping a poor, busy college student do some research?
    Dieting isn't a piece of cake.
    Nobody ever says "it's just a game" when their team is winning.
    "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball" --Jacques Barzun

Quote Originally Posted by __starr69
    I think GG wants to log the exact starting and ending seat #'s for each section. And I thought compiling last year's STH list was enough work.

I agree with whoever said that it should be on Google Docs so we can all edit it. Otherwise you will go crazy; there are only 53,000 seats at Yankee Stadium.

GG, if you're bored, how 'bout helping a poor, busy college student do some research?
    That info is provided in the text box after you click on the section.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasbro
    That info is provided in the text box after you click on the section.
    On the seating and pricing page?
    Edit: if it's on the 3D seat selector I can't view that right now.
    "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball" --Jacques Barzun

Quote Originally Posted by __starr69
    On the seating and pricing page?
    Edit: if it's on the 3D seat selector I can't view that right now.
    Yes. Go the stadium map and click on any section. Look to the right of the photo that pops up. Here's an example the information that's provided: (edit: It's not via the smaller map divided into 4 quadrants, use the large map in the large box on the left.)

Field, Section 130
    Rows 3 - 14

Pricing for that section based on plan then follows.

Yes. Go the stadium map and click on any section. Look to the right of the photo that pops up. Here's an example the information that's provided:

Field, Section 130
    Rows 3 - 14

Ah, I probably can't view the Stadium map because I'm on the school's computer and CUNY is too cheap for flash! When I get home I'll try again. But GG appears to want an inventory of the actual seat numbers.

Devoted Member

Yes. Go the stadium map and click on any section. Look to the right of the photo that pops up. Here's an example the information that's provided: (edit: It's not via the smaller map divided into 4 quadrants, use the large map in the large box on the left.)

Field, Section 130
    Rows 3 - 14

not how many rows- how many seats in each row

great idea

there was a single, section 427 row 7 seat 15, full season ticket on sale today.

i thought about it and it took me awhile to check if maybe it was on the outside aisle.
    I declined for a number of reasons
    after looking at the 3D,
    http://yankees.io-media.com/,
    I dont think it was on the aisle.

GG, if you can find a way to put it on Google Docs (or some other wiki site) I'll post my findings.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4trainEddie
    great idea

there was a single, section 427 row 7 seat 15, full season ticket on sale today.

i thought about it and it took me awhile to check if maybe it was on the outside aisle.
    I declined for a number of reasons
    after looking at the 3D,
    http://yankees.io-media.com/,
    I dont think it was on the aisle.
    same thing here offered seat 20 in a bleacher section- thought I would be near the aisle - yet found out there were over 30 seats in the row

Quote Originally Posted by Mastermind
    not how many rows- how many seats in each row
    OK. Got it. Thanks.

I now better understand the what?, but I'm not quite there yet on the why?

edit: I previously missed your last post above. I understand the purpose now. Thanks.

NYYF Legend

OK, google docs it is, I'll have it done by tomorrow. And yes, the purpose is to know how far from the aisle you'll be when you buy tickets in an unfamiliar section.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko
    OK, google docs it is, I'll have it done by tomorrow. And yes, the purpose is to know how far from the aisle you'll be when you buy tickets in an unfamiliar section.
    Great Idea.

I seem to remember that in the initial relocation process, when the initial re-assignment was done and you were mailed your section you could accept or reject (assuming you were a Full or A plan) they included a diagram of the section with seat numbers. I could have sworn I saw that with the package some of my friends recieved. If so, that info could help out this project if anyone has that infor for thier section

I have noticed that on stub hub, for some other venues, detailed row diagrams are loaded but not for NYS yet

Hey Gordon - mind if I post this on my blog?
    [URL="http://nyystadiuminsider.com"]http://nyystadiuminsider.com[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by RichWNJ
    Great Idea.

I seem to remember that in the initial relocation process, when the initial re-assignment was done and you were mailed your section you could accept or reject (assuming you were a Full or A plan) they included a diagram of the section with seat numbers. I could have sworn I saw that with the package some of my friends recieved. If so, that info could help out this project if anyone has that infor for thier section

I have noticed that on stub hub, for some other venues, detailed row diagrams are loaded but not for NYS yet
    I remember that too I'll have to check that out.
    [URL="http://nyystadiuminsider.com"]http://nyystadiuminsider.com[/URL]

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by RichWNJ
    Great Idea.

I seem to remember that in the initial relocation process, when the initial re-assignment was done and you were mailed your section you could accept or reject (assuming you were a Full or A plan) they included a diagram of the section with seat numbers.
    This is true. I got one for my Sunday+ Plan for section 330 last year in my relo package and I know I still have it. As soon as I track it down I'll look it up and post the info.
    (If everyone that can find theirs from last year posted their info that would really fast-track this project.)
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Thread Information