+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar

JDPNYY's Question of the day #344 -Monday 3/8/10

Monday 3/8/10 - JDPNYY's Question of the day #344

The following question was suggested by 4bronxbombers (Vickie)...

Have you ever flown First Class? Explain
    Complaining is a choice

Released Outright

Re: JDPNYY's Question of the day #344 -Monday 3/8/10

Yes. Explain? Buy the ticket, find the corresponding seat number, and sit.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    Monday 3/8/10 - JDPNYY's Question of the day #344

The following question was suggested by 4bronxbombers (Vickie)...

Have you ever flown First Class? Explain
    Yes. To FLA a couple of times and once to Las Vegas (the wife has lots of air miles to burn)

Depends on the type of plane how nice it is but it's definitely a lot roomier than back in coach.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

I've only flown first class once in my life.

Per usual, my parents and I were flying from Albany to Seattle (through Pittsburgh) in the late summer, after spending two weeks in Upstate New York. However, our flight from Albany to Pittsburgh was overbooked, and we accepted an offer to reroute our travels. Instead, we flew from Albany to Boston, and then flew first class from Boston to LA, and finally LA to Seattle.

The flight where we flew first class from Boston to LA? It was an early morning United Airlines flight on a Boeing 767, just a few days before 9/11.

To this day, it still really creeps me out.

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Quote Originally Posted by YanksFan1992
    I've only flown first class once in my life.

Per usual, my parents and I were flying from Albany to Seattle (through Pittsburgh) in the late summer, after spending two weeks in Upstate New York. However, our flight from Albany to Pittsburgh was overbooked, and we accepted an offer to reroute our travels. Instead, we flew from Albany to Boston, and then flew first class from Boston to LA, and finally LA to Seattle.

The flight where we flew first class from Boston to LA? It was an early morning United Airlines flight on a Boeing 767, just a few days before 9/11.

To this day, it still really creeps me out.
    All other times you guys travel in your family's private jet amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely straight, but I might have made an exception for him.

Almost every time I've flown out of the country its been first class.

I've flown first class once domestically.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs
    Yes. To FLA a couple of times and once to Las Vegas (the wife has lots of air miles to burn)

Depends on the type of plane how nice it is but it's definitely a lot roomier than back in coach.
    And they have lilacs in the biffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam18
    All other times you guys travel in your family's private jet amirite?

No, not exactly.

Once on business and a three or four times after getting bumped off flights.

The best of those was the time my wife and I were in Portland, OR returning home after attending a convention. I figured the flight on which we were booked might be oversold, so I asked the gate agent if that was the case. She told me they were in fact oversold and asked us if we would volunteer to give up our seats. After determining that we could take another flight in a couple of hours and the amount of the offer, we took them up on that deal.

After our original flight left the gate, the agent was giving us the flight vouchers and our boarding passes for the next flight when I mentioned that it happened to be my birthday and I thought it might be fun to fly first class on that next flight. She asked for the boarding passes back, typed for a while on her computer and then handed us first class boarding passes. After thanking her, I commented to my wife that she was finally going to get a chance to see just what went on behind those curtains.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

NYYF Legend

No, because I don't feel like paying for a first class seat on a 2 hour flight from Florida to NJ. All the other times I flew were when I went to Greece with my class in 2006, so I had no choice then.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Nope, not rich enough to fly snob class.
    Life is good!

NYYF Legend

Never. And I probably never will.

It's gonna be one of those days, I think.
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Triple Crown

I really don't fly that much, so no, I have never flown first class, though if I'd had the money I would have done it when we went to Hawaii back in '95.

This chick digs the long ball

Nope, never ever and I've flown quite a bit.
    "The future ain't what it used to be" -Yogi Berra

WHO THE F CHANGED MY CUT? johnnyyankee's Avatar

I've never paid for anything other than economy. While living in Tokyo my company used to fly me back and forth twice a year business class. International business class is the same as (maybe a little better than) domestic first class. All domestic connections are first class. I couldn't even count the number of flights I've done this way. I was once bumped from my International business seat to International first which was amazing. Chateau Briand carved in front of you and served on china. Crystal glasses. Caviar with the vodka bottle pulled from the chilled ice. The seat reclined like a bed. All you had to do was just look like you needed assistance and someone was there to help you. Amazing.

As a side note...I don't know if the fares still work the same but....while I was flying a lot, people don't realise you can add stops to your flight for very cheap as long as you are flying in the same direction. So for example, If I were flying JFK to Tokyo....I'd book it JFK to Bangkok with a stop in Tokyo. The stop was like an extra $50 or $100. My next trip would be to Bangkok and back for a vacation and the last leg was my return to NY. So as long as you are going in the same direction, just add stops. I've flown Tokyo/Hawaii/SF/NY. The stops going in the same direction are dirt cheap. I know people who have purchased "round the world" tickets this way. Just keep going the same direction.
    I'm just a simple guy, I live from day to day.
    A ray of sunshine melts my frown, blows my blues away.

NYYF Legend

Yes, when I went to Chicago. I just wanted to treat myself to first class and see what it was like. There was a tremendous difference in comfort and service. After that I was spoiled. It made me think of the Seinfeld episode when Jerry and Elaine are buying airline tickets, and Elaine started to buy coach tickets. Jerry said "But Elaine, I've flown first class! I can't go back to coach! I WON'T!"
    Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer. ~Ted Williams

NYYF Legend

I've really never taken too lengthy of a flight to warrant a first class seat, then again comfort doesn't require a minimum duration of flight so I may have to do it one day. Most airline seats are cramped like 1980s movie theater seats, so the extra room alone would be worth it.
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic
    .268/.367/.483 .850 during his four years here. Can we get rid of you instead?

No, but I did get a contact high once.
    "If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

Seems like a wast of dollar bills. You get there in the same amount of time, and if it goes down you're all dead anyway.

Released Outright JavyVazquezIsSick's Avatar

Yes, and it's exactly like that Seinfeld episode.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Yes I have flown first class a few times. Once was on a flight from LA and they gave me the seat in first class for no reason. I guess she felt like being nice. It was awesome.

Sometimes when I would fly bone marrow or stem cells to transplant centers, the crew would put me in first class just because of what i was doing and for the precious cargo I was flying with.

NYYF Legend

No. I've never flown anywhere that's longer than 2 hours, and lately I haven't flown at all. I haven't been on a plane since 9/11. I know it's irrational, but I really haven't needed to fly anywhere so I haven't had to confront it.

Heidi
    "I don't need any extra motivation. My motivation is to win." - Derek Jeter

Once. Before they instituted Frequent Flyer programs, they used to do somewhat random upgrades to empty First Class seats. I was flying from Syracuse to LA, and was in uniform, so they gave me an upgrade.

[Flying Coach from Colorado Springs to Chicago to Hong Kong to Singapore sucks. A lot.]

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

No. One would have to fly to be able to fly first class.

NYYF Legend

No. I haven't.
    No Rally Monkeys, Towels or hankies
    Just 50,000 fans of the New York Yankees.

Thread Information