+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    NYYF Legend

Re: Promotional Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    no snoopy stuffed animal... now just a snoopy bobblehead
    hmm, didn't catch that. I guess it's the end of the line for the annual snoopy doll collectable, too bad I was on a roll

Tomato Seed Packet Night!

I am NOT really digging the the doll at all. It is the same thing with different REMOVABLE jersey!

But the bobble-head? I am game! Bet next year, they will have the matching set! (home and away version)

As for the ranking of these give-aways, here is my take on them!

1. Bat day (you cant never ever go wrong with bat day)

2. Teixeira Figurine day

3. (unannounced) Beanie Buddy Day

4. Hard Rock Cafe Pin day (these are neat and has a big appeal to Hard Rock Cafe Pin collectors)

5. Calendar weekend and Magnetic schedule.

6. Miniature Ford car/truck

7. (NOT the generic version of) CAP day - the NY cap with ugly stitching on the back!

8. Dunkin Donut day

9. Cup and Water Bottle day

10. Tomato seeds day
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

NYYF Legend

That can't be the entire list -- the Yankees usually have way more promotions than that, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    That can't be the entire list -- the Yankees usually have way more promotions than that, don't they?
    nope, thats probably the entire list. the yankees dont need promo days to get fans into the seats like other teams. the promo days are more or less more of an oppertunity to sell advertisements to companies. the way the yankees and a minor league team run their promo days are totally different
    follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/AndrewHarts

They do.

But, those listed are the only I care about!
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    They'll likely add a few scattered mediocre giveaways as the season progresses. There's usually a Beanie day that goes unannounced until a few weeks beforehand.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    hmm, didn't catch that. I guess it's the end of the line for the annual snoopy doll collectable, too bad I was on a roll
    Me too.

NYYF Legend

free T-Shirt night is also cool. Still have my 2010 one that says 27 Time World Champions. They played the Mariners that game and King Felix was lights out
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    But the bobble-head? I am game! Bet next year, they will have the matching set! (home and away version)
    I don't care at all about bobble head dolls. To me they are completely unappealing and worthless, I just don't understand the obsession

I don't care at all about bobble head dolls. To me they are completely unappealing and worthless, I just don't understand the obsession

Have you check on the pricing of some of the RARE vintage bobble-heads?

They cost more than current Season packages!

Now that bat day is Curtis Granderson, I might have to go a daycare or YMCA and sponsor a group of kids to the stadium!

Or I can "borrow" a couple kids from the extended family!

NYYF Cy Young

Have you check on the pricing of some of the RARE vintage bobble-heads?

They cost more than current Season packages!
    So all that says is some people are willing to spend a lot of money on this stuff. But as GG says, why??? Too much disposable income perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    So all that says is some people are willing to spend a lot of money on this stuff. But as GG says, why??? Too much disposable income perhaps?

It is NOT about how much disposable income - it is about prioritize your income to make it work for you!

I dont have four cars and ton of kids and expensive exotic vacations - but I do have alot of passion for Yankees' related items.

I dont go crazy for everything - I just go crazy for stuff that have "trade-able" value! By this I mean there are NOT a million of them being produced and so forth!

So most of the Yankees giveaway are very collectible and NOT everyone can get it!

NYYF Cy Young

It is NOT about how much disposable income - it is about prioritize your income to make it work for you!

I dont have four cars and ton of kids and expensive exotic vacations - but I do have alot of passion for Yankees' related items.

I dont go crazy for everything - I just go crazy for stuff that have "trade-able" value! By this I mean there are NOT a million of them being produced and so forth!

So most of the Yankees giveaway are very collectible and NOT everyone can get it!
    Fair enough . . I gather you sell as well as keep . .

BTW - what do you think a full set of the Monument Park Series of Stadium give-aways is worth?

BTW - what do you think a full set of the Monument Park Series of Stadium give-aways is worth?

I sold 3 complete set in the past - $650 to be the highest and then $450 and $400. The main one is Babe Ruth - it makes the set better entirely! Without it, most of them would fetch about $30-$40 each!

NYYF Cy Young

I sold 3 complete set in the past - $650 to be the highest and then $450 and $400. The main one is Babe Ruth - it makes the set better entirely! Without it, most of them would fetch about $30-$40 each!
    Do you know about a small number of Mickey Mantle rookie statues (with #6) that were randomly given out the day they gave out the regular Mantle statues?

Do you know about a small number of Mickey Mantle rookie statues (with #6) that were randomly given out the day they gave out the regular Mantle statues?

I heard about it but it was never confirmed or denied - that it was a mistake or it was on purpose or it even supposed to be given out at all!

As for pricing, it can be as high as the BABE or it just be another variation of Mantle - those going for about $75 or so!

Did they ever come out with all of the players in Monument Park? I didn't think they did. If not, what players make up the complete collection?

I think I have all the ones they came out with and would love to know the value.

Thanks in advance.

Is anyone planing on going to the game on Wednesday and arriving early for the Snoopy
    bobblehead?

I would be willing to pay $10 plus shipping to anyone that does not want theirs.

Please PM me with an e-mail address if interested and we can discuss the details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by EJMUL View Post
    Is anyone planing on going to the game on Wednesday and arriving early for the Snoopy
    bobblehead?

I would be willing to pay $10 plus shipping to anyone that does not want theirs.

Please PM me with an e-mail address if interested and we can discuss the details.
    I'll be there after all but I'm probably going to keep the Snoopy. I've been collecting them for the past few years and I told myself this year was the end of it because they replaced the doll with a bobble head, but what the hey traditions die hard. I go early, free parking, get a couple giveaways, my kid watches BP tries to catch a ball and we have a nice evening.

The bobblehead snoopy from this year giveaway will be very very popular. It is NOT the generic plush doll with different shirts from previous year.

Cant wait for next year - the HOME version.

GECKO - let me know what jersey(s) your kid(s) will be wearing. and if they cant get a BP ball, I will ask someone for one for them. Love seeing kid's eyes lid up when they get a baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by EJMUL View Post
    bobblehead?

I got the snoppy booblehead.
    Did anybody else get one with the bat not attached?
    Is it supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Hud View Post
    Is it supposed to be?

there are some that has NO bat. I have seen fan opened the package and the bat was missing.

I was lucky enough to get ALL of my snoopy - three of them - all with bat.

One of the fan ends up with an "error" snoopy - the back of snoopy has the lettering upside down and backward. Offer him $50 for it and he didnt want to sell.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hud View Post
    Is it supposed to be?
    the bat is magnetic, put it close to the screw in his hand and it will attach. Atleast mine is
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Thread Information