+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Paul O'Neill Day: Do it Retire21's Avatar

Batman 3 story ideas?

Now that Batman 3 under Chris Nolan is more or less confirmed, what do you think we'll see? As Nolan likes to keep things fresh and realistic- and because I think this will end his involvement with the character - I could really see him doing the following:

Batman dies in the end. The first film's theme was fear, TDK was escalation, so the third film's theme would seem to be redemption.

Because the people of Gotham are so down on Batman, and because Nolan likes the realism, I could totally see him killing off Batman in a manner where Batman sacrifices himself for the people of Gotham.

Nolan walks away with a classic trilogy, an emotional ending, and subsequent directors are free to start over rather than be held to his own vision.

Thoughts?
    2010 Yankees: Believe

Re: Batman 3 story ideas?

Chris Nolan is realistic? Did you watch The Dark Knight?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm A Wenner!
    Or Batman Begins. Or, for that matter, Memento.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by I'm A Wenner!
    Actually he is very realistic. I believe just about everything used in both movies are either scientifically possible, or the technology is currently being worked on to be possible. And there was nothing supernatural about anything. He kept a comic book as close to reality as he possibly could without taking away from the story.

I really can't see Batman dying in the 3rd one. Faking a death, maybe but he needs to live and retire. Just like the Joker. This is how it should be.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23
    Actually he is very realistic. I believe just about everything used in both movies are either scientifically possible, or the technology is currently being worked on to be possible. And there was nothing supernatural about anything. He kept a comic book as close to reality as he possibly could without taking away from the story.

I really can't see Batman dying in the 3rd one. Faking a death, maybe but he needs to live and retire. Just like the Joker. This is how it should be.
    That's gonna be the biggest problem. What actor would want to take over that role from Heath?

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    That's gonna be the biggest problem. What actor would want to take over that role from Heath?
    Well makeup can do wonders, but honestly I don't want to see his character get ruined by bad acting. I mean unless it's 100% pulled off perfectly it can destroy what TDK did. I was thinking maybe the Joker just be a dark character in Arkam that you never really see, just hear. He could be in some dingy cell or whatever. I don't know. I think Nolan should focus on making another epic villain rather than milk another movie out of the Joker when we don't have the guy who perfected him to do it anymore.

edit: anyone but penguin. I hate penguin.

Batman 3 is going to be all about the return of the "hero" to Gotham. Since TDK left off as with Batman painted as the villain, the third one has to be all about how the people of Gotham realize he isn't and it will give the city the "hero" it deserves.
    I'm too smooth you'll never see me comin', I'm never in a hurry I'm just movin' fast...

I think i'd like to see Ed Norton play Ed Nigma
    "If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

Quote Originally Posted by Bozidar
    I think i'd like to see Ed Norton play Ed Nigma
    I like to see Art Carney play Ed Norton.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraYanks2527
    Batman 3 is going to be all about the return of the "hero" to Gotham. Since TDK left off as with Batman painted as the villain, the third one has to be all about how the people of Gotham realize he isn't and it will give the city the "hero" it deserves.
    I think it may end that way, but I don't think it will be all about that. The end of TDK was forecasting them chasing him as a criminal. That is probably the story the movie will follow for a good portion of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3
    I like to see Art Carney play Ed Norton.
    Ever wonder what it would be like if Ed finally grew a set of stones and beat the piss out of Ralph? I mean seriously what is that fat f*ck going to do, hit him with his bus hat again? Norton took too much bs. And so did Alice. Ed should have nailed Alice.

It's clearly time to introduce Robin.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    It's clearly time to introduce Robin.
    Hmm.. it didn't really work with the old franchise. Seriously, if they did, I'd hope they'd introduce him as a young kid and not an early 20's guy. And don't give him too much screen time, dont need some kid Jar Jar'ing it up and screwing the franchise.
    "If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

I recall reading something where Bale said he would never do a Batman movie with Robin as a character. Could have been a hoax but I remember something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozidar
    Hmm.. it didn't really work with the old franchise. Seriously, if they did, I'd hope they'd introduce him as a young kid and not an early 20's guy. And don't give him too much screen time, dont need some kid Jar Jar'ing it up and screwing the franchise.
    The kid from Two and a half Men would make a good Robin.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

I recall reading something where Bale said he would never do a Batman movie with Robin as a character. Could have been a hoax but I remember something to that effect.
    "Oh good for you"
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

Whatever they do, they need to make sure Gary Oldman gives a really awkward and dumb speech to his son at the end of the film explaining what's going on. If they can shoehorn in the NAME OF THE MOVIE ITSELF into the speech, that's just gold.

"Oh good for you"
    Whatever.... quit suggesting whacky ideas that will pussify the movie. Robin is the worst character in the story. Even his name is lame. "Robin". Batman is all about striking fear into his opponents. What is Robin trying to do whistle them a friggin tune to stun them? It's failed repeatedly.

The kid from Two and a half Men would make a good Robin.
    Maybe Burt Ward is available to reprise the role?

Whatever.... quit suggesting whacky ideas that will pussify the movie. Robin is the worst character in the story. Even his name is lame. "Robin". Batman is all about striking fear into his opponents. What is Robin trying to do whistle them a friggin tune to stun them? It's failed repeatedly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hR5YNqE3K8
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

enough time has passed. it's funny again

Ever wonder what it would be like if Ed finally grew a set of stones and beat the piss out of Ralph? I mean seriously what is that fat f*ck going to do, hit him with his bus hat again? Norton took too much bs. And so did Alice. Ed should have nailed Alice.
    What makes you so sure he didn't?

But Trixie was probably the wild one anyway; Alice was too much of a prig. Just like Betty v. Wilma (or, for that matter, Betty v. Veronica).
    - Barry Manilow

What makes you so sure he didn't?

But Trixie was probably the wild one anyway; Alice was too much of a prig. Just like Betty v. Wilma (or, for that matter, Betty v. Veronica).
    How do you think she got the name Trixie...?
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

You have a problem with Batman being gay, and liking them young?
    - Barry Manilow

You have a problem with Batman being gay, and liking them young?
    Batman could be a cross-dressing necrophiliac for all I care. He's the man. It's Robin that stands for everything that is uncool.

Thread Information