+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 272 FirstFirst ... 50 90 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 110 150 200 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 6784

Re: 2010 Joba Chamberlain Performance Thread

So Roy Halladay was JOba's ceiling, eh?

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grizy
    I want this guy's pitching coach from when he rebuilt himself.

Halladay pitches 9IP CG with 1ER.

Game time: 2 hour 20 minutes.

All of baseball knew he was going to dominate but this is just amazing.
    It was 0 earned runs, 1 unearned run.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

NYYF HOF

Let's give it some time before we kill him. He touched 95 a few times yesterday. Let him get his arm back and we'll see how he is in a few weeks.

His velocity is all over the place, he's so inconsistent who the hell knows what you're gonna get. Seems like his FB are anywhere from 90-96, even his breaking stuff was all over the place velocity wise, what the hell is this guy doing up there?

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellsing
    Let's give it some time before we kill him. He touched 95 a few times yesterday. Let him get his arm back and we'll see how he is in a few weeks.
    Yea, give him some time, he may become a solid middle reliever if just given the time. No, that wouldn't be an organizational failure at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    His velocity is all over the place, he's so inconsistent who the hell knows what you're gonna get. Seems like his FB are anywhere from 90-96, even his breaking stuff was all over the place velocity wise, what the hell is this guy doing up there?
    Meanwhile, in other agonizing [somewhat related] Joba news, Clay Buchholz' average FB was 95mph on Sunday. He topped out at 97.

http://brooksbaseball.net/pfx/index....F&prevDate=411

NYYF Legend

His slider doesn't have nearly the same break as it did 2 years ago.

He needs to do a better job too of setting hitters up. I like what he did in Fenway, his previous appearance. He wasn't so predictable as he usually is.

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Don Wrigley
    Yea, give him some time, he may become a solid middle reliever if just given the time. No, that wouldn't be an organizational failure at all.
    Did I suggest that Joba being a middle reliever would be a great success? Let me help you. No, I did not.

A modicum of patience is required right now. If he's this inconsistent by the ASB, then it's time to panic. He's already fallen off. Let's see if he can re-establish himself.

Its only been a few games but I think these appearances just prove that the velocity loss was not a result of tendonitis 2 years ago but has to be a mechanical change or something else. His velocity is all over the place and out of the pen this wasnt supposed to be the case because hes airing it out for 1 inning.
    If you listen to the fans you’ll be sitting with them soon enough.- Brian Cashman

Quote Originally Posted by Melan-cynic
    Meanwhile, in other agonizing [somewhat related] Joba news, Clay Buchholz' average FB was 95mph on Sunday. He topped out at 97.

I remember seeing that towards the end of last season with Bucholz and getting very jealous. If he starts trusting his fastball more, with his change and breaking stuff, he has a scary potential.

Released Outright JavyVazquezIsSick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melan-cynic

It's funny that Red Sox pitching prospects gain velocity (Lester and Buch), while ours lose velocity (Joba and Hughes).

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by JavyVazquezIsSick
    It's funny that Red Sox pitching prospects gain velocity (Lester and Buch), while ours lose velocity (Joba and Hughes).
    Clearly, there's something in the water over there.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by R.V.47
    Its only been a few games but I think these appearances just prove that the velocity loss was not a result of tendonitis 2 years ago but has to be a mechanical change or something else. His velocity is all over the place and out of the pen this wasnt supposed to be the case because hes airing it out for 1 inning.
    If it's the injury wouldn't he occasionally break off something near what used to throw?

Released Outright

I remember seeing that towards the end of last season with Bucholz and getting very jealous. If he starts trusting his fastball more, with his change and breaking stuff, he has a scary potential.
    It doesn't seem to be nearly as effective a 97mph fastball as one would expect.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes
    It was 0 earned runs, 1 unearned run.
    I know, but the error was charged to Halladay himself so it's ER as far as I am concerned.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

People would not be happy on here if Buchholz made a start like that for us -- had a big lead and managed to throw 94 pitches in 5 innings with just 2 walks and 1 strikeout against the Royals
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

I can't speak for people, but I know I would. It' stuff and projectibility, not results for young pitchers. Not to mention Buch has had some success as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston
    People would not be happy on here if Buchholz made a start like that for us -- had a big lead and managed to throw 94 pitches in 5 innings with just 2 walks and 1 strikeout against the Royals
    I was just about to post this; the reviews on his start were not that positive.

I can't speak for people, but I know I would. It' stuff and projectibility, not results for young pitchers. Not to mention Buch has had some success as well.
    This is what I was getting at...

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

I don't disagree, but I've read this board as our young pitchers failed to throw strikes and go after hitters -- and guys like Kennedy and Hughes had far less experience a couple years ago than Buchholz does now (he's made 15 and 16 starts in each of the past two seasons). There was some groaning up here yesterday when he had the big lead and wasn't going after guys.

On a side note, Dice-K threw a decent number of pitches the other day and should be ready to be activated at some point later this month -- will be interesting to see how they juggle Buchholz, Wakefield and Dice-K.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

I don't disagree, but I've read this board as our young pitchers failed to throw strikes and go after hitters -- and guys like Kennedy and Hughes had far less experience a couple years ago than Buchholz does now (he's made 15 and 16 starts in each of the past two seasons). There was some groaning up here yesterday when he had the big lead and wasn't going after guys.

On a side note, Dice-K threw a decent number of pitches the other day and should be ready to be activated at some point later this month -- will be interesting to see how they juggle Buchholz, Wakefield and Dice-K.
    I think thats an easy choice at least to start with. Wakefield goes to the pen or is released. They need to give Bucholz a chance to stick at the big league level and they have to much invested in Dice K.
    If you listen to the fans you’ll be sitting with them soon enough.- Brian Cashman

Again, I can't speak for others, but that's not how I feel.

There was a time when Joba was head and shoulders above Clay, now comparing the two is laughable.

NYYF Legend

Again, I can't speak for others, but that's not how I feel.

There was a time when Joba was head and shoulders above Clay, now comparing the two is laughable.
    Laughable? Come on now.

Claytop hasn't put up close to the numbers Joba put up when he had his best stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84
    Laughable? Come on now.
    One has plus stuff, one does not.

One is going to be a starter, one is going to be a relief pitcher.

I think they are far apart right now and IMO after this season going to be miles apart.

Thread Information