+ Reply to Thread
Page 451 of 541 FirstFirst ... 351 401 441 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 461 501 ... LastLast
Results 11,251 to 11,275 of 13516

Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Said the guy who mockingly started this thread: http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...ws-quot-thread
    Umm...that was clearly done in jest in answer to the "doomed" thread. It was clearly for fun and not to be taken seriously in the least. Get it?

Funny...I kind of expected you to come to the rescue ASAP, given the inordinate amount of time you spend in this forum. Get some sleep!

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Umm...that was clearly done in jest in answer to the "doomed" thread and for fun and not to be taken seriously in the least. Get it? (Clearly you don't)

Funny...I kind of expected you to come to the rescue ASAP, given the inordinate time you spend in this forum. Get some sleep!
    And it was shocking to see you rush in here when someone pointed out that the haters are suddenly silent.

You complain about people paying too much attention to other posters, yet you do the same thing. http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...=1#post7689524

Don't get sandy with me for pointing it out.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

And it was shocking to see you rush in here when someone pointed out that the haters are suddenly silent.

You complain about people paying too much attention to other posters, yet you do the same thing. http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...=1#post7689524

Don't get sandy with me for pointing it out.
    I guess we have a different definition of rush. I responded 32 minutes after that post. Not sure what your above link proves other than the admitted gross exaggeration, ridiculousness, and initial reason for that thread. What "phantom" poster would predict 106 wins? Maybe the humor and facetiousness was lost on you. In all honesty, I forgot that thread existed until it resurfaced with people gloating with 130 games remaining.

Admit it - not that I'm losing sleep over it, but I'm not your favorite person and you always seem to have this hardon for me for some unexplainable reason. I actually think that's the crux of it and what's behind your responses to me. Or, maybe I'm misreading it. No biggie.

I guess we have a different definition of rush. I responded 32 minutes after that post. Not sure what your above link proves other than the admitted gross exaggeration and intitial reason for that thread, that in all honesty, I forgot about, until people started gloating with 130 remaining. What "phantom" poster would predict 106 wins?

Admit it - Not that I necessarily care, but I'm not your favorite person and you always seem to have this hardon for me for some unexplainable reason. I actually think that's the crux of your responses to me. Or, maybe I'm wrong. No biggie.
    I have absolutely nothing personal against you and I actually enjoy a lot of your posts.

From what I hear you should stop worrying about others' opinions anyway.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

For some reason the term "hater" seems to push buttons and derail.

ArodEra - are you saying that if all the moves Cashman made blew up in his face that this thread wouldn't be lit up by people calling for his head and saying - directly or indirectly - I told you so?

It's clear you're not a Cashman fan, it's clear you didn't like his offseason moves, and you've been very vocal about that. Some of it was intentionally cynical. Some of it not. Why the surprise when people who think/thought differently weigh in when the results have been very good so far? Is it just the word "hater" that you object to?

EDIT - since we're on the topic of pet peeves, your habit of insinuating that people that post frequently don't have lives is a bit much. Ironic that you're upset with "focusing on posters rather than the team" yet a post or two later you're doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    For some reason the term "hater" seems to push buttons and derail.

ArodEra - are you saying that if all the moves Cashman made blew up in his face that this thread wouldn't be lit up by people calling for his head and saying - directly or indirectly - I told you so?
    Perhaps, but I can only speak for myself. As surprisingly well as some of his off-season moves have worked out, I don't think 30+ games is enough of a barometer to gauge how this team will end up, especially considering their ages, injury history and past performances. Certainly not the 10 or so games (after the Cleveland sweep) where you started semi-gloating in this thread. Don't get me wrong, I hope that it continues.

It's clear you're not a Cashman fan, it's clear you didn't like his offseason moves, and you've been very vocal about that. Some of it was intentionally cynical. Some of it not. Why the surprise when people who think/thought differently weigh in when the results have been very good so far? Is it just the word "hater" that you object to?
    Dude, I am not expressing surprise (not sure where that came from), nor have I tried to burst anybody's bubble with the early-season success by disparaging them, Cashman or the team. Do you think I root against the Yanks so I could prove people wrong and say, "I told you so" - something that seems so rampant in this forum?

I do take exception to being called a hater just because I and others aren't as enamored with Cashman and the direction he's taken team and farm. But, I mostly wanted to point out the irony of that member's "hater" post, given his past vicious attacks on Girardi, continually calling for his firing and constant b*tching about fans that don't behave as he thinks they should and who don't agree with his baseball opinions, as limited as they might be.

As an aside, I can bore everyone and keep coming into this thread to voice my opinion that regardless of how this team ends up this season, I don't like the direction Cashman has taken this team, his lengthy list of bad decisions and how the farm system and player development has fared under his watch. But what's the sense in repeating those sentiments? I'd rather sit back and enjoy each Yankee win, regardless of what I think of Cashman. And, FYI, I don't hate him; nothing can be further than the truth. I just find him to be mediocre at best, though he just might be the right man for the job, given the demands of being the GM for the Yankees.

As for the gloaters (on either side of the ledger), don't you find them to be off-putting as well?

EDIT - since we're on the topic of pet peeves, your habit of insinuating that people that post frequently don't have lives is a bit much. Ironic that you're upset with "focusing on posters rather than the team" yet a post or two later you're doing the same thing.
    As it pertains to Mr Coffee, you're absolutely 100% correct. He didn't deserve that cheap, unfounded comment. A legitimate question for you, and I don't mean this in a bad way (I consider you a NYYFans bud): Other than my comment to Coffee (I was admittedly off-base), why are you more concerned with what I wrote than, say, the poster I was originally referring to? I'm more curious than anything else, as it's certainly not the first time you've jumped in to take sides.

I have absolutely nothing personal against you and I actually enjoy a lot of your posts.

From what I hear you should stop worrying about others' opinions anyway.
    Glad you don't, because I enjoy your posts and humor. I was just being a douche and my "beef" wasn't with you. Hope you accept my apologies.

As for others' opinions, the gloating (especially so early), "I told you so's," the digging up of old posts just to prove somebody wrong, and the preaching can sometimes get to be too much. It's as if they think the "haters' want the Yankees to fail so they can be proven right. It's crazy talk.

I think Cashman is a hack-fraud.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    It took me years and thousands of words to say what you said in a mere 6.

Now we can safely lock this thread.

Glad you don't, because I enjoy your posts and humor. I was just being a douche and my "beef" wasn't with you. Hope you accept my apologies.
    Nothing you said was apology-worthy. Don't sweat it.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Except for when he signed Teixeira.

That was genius.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Bwahaha

Going to the game tonight. I'll be the one voicing displeasure despite the team being in 1st.

This sure turned out swell.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

Perhaps, but I can only speak for myself. As surprisingly well as some of his off-season moves have worked out, I don't think 30+ games is enough of a barometer to gauge how this team will end up, especially considering their ages, injury history and past performances. Certainly not the 10 or so games (after the Cleveland sweep) where you started semi-gloating in this thread. Don't get me wrong, I hope that it continues.
    Oh, I don't either. And just because it worked doesn't mean it was some genius level of offseason strategy. So by gloating, are you talking about this comment inserted below? That's the only one I found in this thread early in the year. What is gloating about that? That's just a point-in-time "hey, so far so good" throwaway comment. And perhaps you missed the post above it where I'm indirectly questioning Cashman/Girardi's indefensible lean (thankfully since corrected) to keep Granderson in CF?

Quote Originally Posted by false1
    Obviously can't derive too much from 8 games, but so far Cashman's decisions this offseason look solid on the whole. Youk, Hafner, Wells, even Overbay have added value so far.

And while curious, the DFA and eventual re-signing of Adams and Rapada freed up two spots on the 40 man.

Dude, I am not expressing surprise (not sure where that came from), nor have I tried to burst anybody's bubble with the early-season success by disparaging them, Cashman or the team. Do you think I root against the Yanks so I could prove people wrong and say, "I told you so" - something that seems so rampant in this forum?
    You're reading into the use of "surprise." You said "interesting." So let me rephrase - why is it interesting/confusing/whatever word you want to use? People come here to voice opinions and share perspectives. When people are at extreme opposites, it tends to lead to this type of back and forth as the season progresses. For example, I could be wrong but I think you were posting earlier in the year what *could* be construed as "I told you so" when Austin Jackson was OPSing >.900. Haven't seen much of that now that his OPS is about to fall below .700. It just happens. I don't see why that's a point of contention. This place would be boring if folks didn't have different opinions/projections/whatever and then come back to talk about them after evidence rolls in. And no, I don't think you root against the Yankees (speaking of where did that come from?) to try and put yourself in a position to gloat.

I do take exception to being called a hater just because I and others aren't as enamored with Cashman and the direction he's taken team and farm. But, I mostly wanted to point out the irony of that member's "hater" post, given his past vicious attacks on Girardi, continually calling for his firing and constant b*tching about fans that don't behave as he thinks they should and who don't agree with his baseball opinions, as limited as they might be.
    He didn't call you a hater though (although I can't be sure he wasn't referring to you or others). But you're clearly down on him, his strategy, the results, etc and have been pretty openly cynical about it. I mean, perhaps he should have used a better word than hater but don't get why that frosts people's shorts.

As an aside, I can bore everyone and keep coming into this thread to voice my opinion that regardless of how this team ends up this season, I don't like the direction Cashman has taken this team, his lengthy list of bad decisions and how the farm system and player development has fared under his watch. But what's the sense in repeating those sentiments? I'd rather sit back and enjoy each Yankee win, regardless of what I think of Cashman. And, FYI, I don't hate him; nothing can be further than the truth. I just find him to be mediocre at best, though he just might be the right man for the job, given the demands of being the GM for the Yankees.

As for the gloaters (on either side of the ledger), don't you find them to be off-putting as well?
    Can't argue with your perspective on direction/farm. I get why that is questionable to many. As for gloaters? Meh, not really. Maybe on a case by case basis, but not as a general rule.

As it pertains to Mr Coffee, you're absolutely 100% correct. He didn't deserve that cheap, unfounded comment. A legitimate question for you, and I don't mean this in a bad way (I consider you a NYYFans bud): Other than my comment to Coffee (I was admittedly off-base), why are you more concerned with what I wrote than, say, the poster I was originally referring to? I'm more curious than anything else, as it's certainly not the first time you've jumped in to take sides.
    He's a big boy, I'm sure he's going to be ok. Wasn't jumping to his defense really, but over the years you've dropped that subtle "get a life" inference a few times. I spend quite a bit of time here too; that seems like an unnecessary, unfounded way of trying to make a point - and ironic too, given your comments about "focusing on posters." So to answer your question - "ha ha I was right" is much less likely to pique my interest than "ha ha you guys that post more than me or faster than me are losers."

All that said, I like your contributions here and enjoy the back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    This sure turned out swell.
    Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yanke...XDIfmUtTo2s4pL

Cashman makes mistakes, but is it possible that he is doing a better overall job than some of his haters here assert?
    I read this article this morning. Putting aside the bickering that followed this post, I don't see why anyone wouldn't be applauding Cashman for the job he's done patching the roster, and not only this year as the article points out. Until last night the team has played with 5 regulars out of the lineup for nearly the entire season to date, yet they're winning at a clip as if all 5 were never on the DL. I don't think it's just digging through stats looking for the right fit or his ability to match personalities with playing in New York, but it seems like he knows what he's doing despite what a lot of folks think and deserves more credit here than he gets. I'm not easily impressed but I'm more than impressed on how the players he's brought in have performed.
    Let the kids play.

Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I read this article this morning. Putting aside the bickering that followed this post, I don't see why anyone wouldn't be applauding Cashman for the job he's done patching the roster, and not only this year as the article points out. Until last night the team has played with 5 regulars out of the lineup for nearly the entire season to date, yet they're winning at a clip as if all 5 were never on the DL. I don't think it's just digging through stats looking for the right fit or his ability to match personalities with playing in New York, but it seems like he knows what he's doing despite what a lot of folks think and deserves more credit here than he gets. I'm not easily impressed but I'm more than impressed on how the players he's brought in have performed.
    I could not agree more. As of this writing, the Yanks are winning at a .614 clip (tied with Texas), second only to St Louis in all the league. Without 5 regulars. Imagine when 4 of them ( ) come back.
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2014)
    Totus Tuus

30 some games is rather unfair.

Cashman has done a pretty good job picking up "retreads" to fill in holes in the past 5 or 6 years.

It's one of the main reasons we've been competitive despite the injuries and AJ Burnett meltdowns.

Also, the return investment he got on his three biggest FA signings (Giambi, Moose, CC) were really, really good.

Like it or not, Cashman and Co. pushing the right buttons for Yankees
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yanke...XDIfmUtTo2s4pL

Nice read from the Post the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Also, the return investment he got on his three biggest FA signings (Giambi, Moose, CC) were really, really good.
    No one is allowed to blame him for any of the bad moves that happened before 2007 or 8 or whenever that was, so he can get no credit for any of the good moves.

Those were "George Moves" or "Tampa Moves."

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Tex was actually his biggest FA signing.

Oh, I don't either. And just because it worked doesn't mean it was some genius level of offseason strategy. So by gloating, are you talking about this comment inserted below? That's the only one I found in this thread early in the year. What is gloating about that? That's just a point-in-time "hey, so far so good" throwaway comment. And perhaps you missed the post above it where I'm indirectly questioning Cashman/Girardi's indefensible lean (thankfully since corrected) to keep Granderson in CF?
    Responding late because I was at the game last night and am just getting back from work. BTW...last night's game had to be in the worse 5 that I've ever attended.

I wasn't singling you out, but, yes, that was the post I was referring to when I said you were semi-gloating (at least I thought you were). I can't think of any other examples where I thought you gloated elsewhere.

But, there are a couple of members, usually the same suspects, going into other threads and dredging up old posts or threads to mock others' predictions or opinions. I'm not going to say I'm perfect and never did anything likewise (usually in response to a gloater), but I don't make it a habit and know that it doesn't show much character. And to do so after 30 games is kind of ridiculous. That said, I hope all cynics are proven wrong on the way to #28

You're reading into the use of "surprise." You said "interesting." So let me rephrase - why is it interesting/confusing/whatever word you want to use? People come here to voice opinions and share perspectives. When people are at extreme opposites, it tends to lead to this type of back and forth as the season progresses. For example, I could be wrong but I think you were posting earlier in the year what *could* be construed as "I told you so" when Austin Jackson was OPSing >.900. Haven't seen much of that now that his OPS is about to fall below .700. It just happens. I don't see why that's a point of contention. This place would be boring if folks didn't have different opinions/projections/whatever and then come back to talk about them after evidence rolls in. And no, I don't think you root against the Yankees (speaking of where did that come from?) to try and put yourself in a position to gloat.

He didn't call you a hater though (although I can't be sure he wasn't referring to you or others). But you're clearly down on him, his strategy, the results, etc and have been pretty openly cynical about it. I mean, perhaps he should have used a better word than hater but don't get why that frosts people's shorts.
    I don't want to belabor the point, because obviously the poster has the respect of some of the members here, plus I don't want to continue bickering, but.....he was clearly trolling in that post. Not only is he (wrongly) categorizing people as haters but he's calling them out for not posting in this thread. Why couldn't he just have presented a link to the article, say that Cashman's moves seem to be working thus far and be done with it. He was clearly trolling for a response, and unfortunately, I bit. If he were a new member I'd bet we'd have a number of members calling him out.

Again, in retrospect this is all silly, so I'll just leave it at that and move on.

He's a big boy, I'm sure he's going to be ok. Wasn't jumping to his defense really, but over the years you've dropped that subtle "get a life" inference a few times. I spend quite a bit of time here too; that seems like an unnecessary, unfounded way of trying to make a point - and ironic too, given your comments about "focusing on posters." So to answer your question - "ha ha I was right" is much less likely to pique my interest than "ha ha you guys that post more than me or faster than me are losers."
    Oh, I know Coffee is a big boy and that this is all insignificant to him, though he probably was wondering WTF when he read my post. I thought I owed him an apology for my being such an as$clown.

All that said, I like your contributions here and enjoy the back and forth.
    Right back at ya. You're one of my favorites here.

Quote Originally Posted by justtxyank View Post
    No one is allowed to blame him for any of the bad moves that happened before 2007 or 8 or whenever that was, so he can get no credit for any of the good moves.

Those were "George Moves" or "Tampa Moves."

If my memory serves me right, Giambi was all George. As a matter of fact, after instructing Cashman to get it done, he couldn't come to an agreement with Giambi and it kept laboring on. George then went on one of his public rampages - said something to the effect of "Why am I paying a GM who can't get the job done?" and announced that he was taking over the negotiations. He did just that and got it done in no time.

As far as Moose is concerned, George made a decision that both Moose and Manny would not fit into the budget and that they had to pick one or the other. Not sure who decided on Moose, but at that time there where checks and balances, and Cashman rarely, if ever, made decisions on big signings.

CC is all Cashman. Love the first signing, but this second contract looks like it will come back to bite him. Still, without CC, there is no 2009, so all credit goes to Cashman for that. I just wish that Tex (other than 2009) and AJ (a nightmare signing and nightmare trade) would have panned out better.

Thread Information