+ Reply to Thread
Page 446 of 523 FirstFirst ... 346 396 436 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 456 496 ... LastLast
Results 11,126 to 11,150 of 13056

Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

What's with Cashman paying players to rehab, then letting them go, or not re-signing them when they recover? He did it with Dotel and now Aardsma, both of whom wanted to be Yankees. He also did it with Feliciano to an extent.

Would he be so generous if the money came out of his pocket? He'd have hell to pay if George and Tampa were around. He's getting a little to comfortable without any checks and balances and another reason why his "autonomy" might not be such a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    What's with Cashman paying players to rehab, then letting them go, or not re-signing them when they recover? He did it with Dotel and now Aardsma, both of whom wanted to be Yankees. He also did it with Feliciano to an extent.

Would he be so generous if the money came out of his pocket? He'd have hell to pay if George and Tampa were around. He's getting a little to comfortable without any checks and balances and another reason why his "autonomy" might not be such a good idea.

Um, you might be stretching there. I can't imagine Girardi wasn't part of the process on Aardsma.
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Um, you might be stretching there. I can't imagine Girardi wasn't part of the process on Aardsma.
    You really think Girardi can make a decision without Cashman's input? Especially one involving a player that the Yankees paid for only to rehab and when healthy release him? I find that highly unlikely and near impossible. I'm sure he has some say, but the ultimate decision is Cashman's.

Regarding any of Girardi's public comments, do you expect him to throw his boss under the bus?

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

You really think Girardi can make a decision without Cashman's input? Especially one involving a player that the Yankees paid for only to rehab and when healthy release him? I find that highly unlikely and near impossible. I'm sure he has some say, but the ultimate decision is Cashman's.

Regarding any of Girardi's public comments, do you expect him to throw his boss under the bus?
    I have to agree with Snapple. I don't think Cashman's just dumping guys without significant input from the coaches who have been working with them in ST. I agree that he is ultimately responsible, but I don't think he's ignoring "the baseball people."

As with David Adams, we may want to wait a bit before we cast judgement here.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    I have to agree with Snapple. I don't think Cashman's just dumping guys without significant input from the coaches who have been working with them in ST. I agree that he is ultimately responsible, but I don't think he's ignoring "the baseball people."

As with David Adams, we may want to wait a bit before we cast judgement here.
    I'd love nothing more than the same thing to happen with Aardsma that happened with Adams.

If not, I'm sure Girardi was heard, either yay or nay, but considering the circumstances (paying for only his rehabbing, not having a pitcher that's significantly better in his role on the roster), Cashman should/could have stepped up and made the decision to keep him. Unless he was abusing puppies, it made no sense.

Of course, this conversation is all for naught if he re-signs.

NYYF Legend

Admittedly I am beating a dead horse with this but I would still love to know why we didn't make a harder push to acquire Michael Morse. He was a perfect fit and is only putting up a 1.537 OPS thus far this season.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Admittedly I am beating a dead horse with this but I would still love to know why we didn't make a harder push to acquire Michael Morse. He was a perfect fit and is only putting up a 1.537 OPS thus far this season.
    3 games?
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    3 games?
    I know, I know. But I was advocating for trading for Morse all offseason.

quite obviously because tex is at 1b

morse is a serious rebound candidate though
    always reasonable

NYYF Legend

Pretty fair and balanced article from Rosenthal on Cashman's efforts to make the team younger in coming seasons: http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/n...trategy-040413

Pretty fair and balanced article from Rosenthal on Cashman's efforts to make the team younger in coming seasons: http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/n...trategy-040413
    Good article, though probably overly optimistic.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

I'd love nothing more than the same thing to happen with Aardsma that happened with Adams.
    Is that the rumor? I certainly hope so.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Boston-David Ortiz
    Toronto-Jose Bautista
    Tampa Bay-Carlos Pena
    Baltimore-Chris Davis?
    New York-??????

Hoping that we can find that bubble power guy that turns into big power. The first 3 averaged 37 or more HR in their first 3 years with their new clubs. Davis hit 33 last year. All acquired bt 25-29.

Looking at you Brennan.

NYYF Legend

Wasn't the main reason why Aardsma released was the fact that he was more of a 1 inning pitcher and the advantage of keeping Kelley was the fact that he could go multiple innings? I too wanted to see Aardsma in the Yankee pen in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    Wasn't the main reason why Aardsma released was the fact that he was more of a 1 inning pitcher and the advantage of keeping Kelley was the fact that he could go multiple innings? I too wanted to see Aardsma in the Yankee pen in 2013.
    So what was the advantage to keeping Epply?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    So what was the advantage to keeping Epply?
    He already had a name that ended in "y" so Girardi didn't have to come up with a nickname for him?

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Is that the rumor? I certainly hope so.
    No, it just came up in my discussion with YFiB. I hope it happens as well. He seems like he'd be a better option than Eppley...or even Joba in the 7th.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

per LOHUD: Eppley not listed in the bullpen. It looks like he is the move for Hughes
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

So, Eppley had options? Why didn't we send him down and keep one of Aardsma/Rapada?

I'm starting to come over to the dark side with the rest of the Cashman fan club.

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    So, Eppley had options? Why didn't we send him down and keep one of Aardsma/Rapada?

I'm starting to come over to the dark side with the rest of the Cashman fan club.
    Not defending anyone, other than to say as a GM you have to put players on the team that your manager will use correctly. If Girardi petitioned for players over others, you almost have to allow him to do so. If you don't, you might as well fire the manager.

I will say that the pen was somewhat neglected this offseason, and that's usually a Cashman staple.

NYYF Legend

cutting aardsma was definitely a girardi call... days before spring training was over, he was quoted as saying that aardsma "didn't really fit" on the roster, apparently because of his inability to go multiple innings... makes no sense whatsoever
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    cutting aardsma was definitely a girardi call... days before spring training was over, he was quoted as saying that aardsma "didn't really fit" on the roster, apparently because of his inability to go multiple innings... makes no sense whatsoever
    No...it really doesn't. Especially considering once Hughes came back you had Phelps or Nova in the pen.

Addicted Member

We have been hearing the "just wait, we have good stuff in the pipeline" line for a very long time now. As the old adage goes, "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." Rosenthal is buying magic beans.

yankees position prospects are not that amazing. sanchez has the highest ceiling, but they refused to commit to top tier IFA talent in recent years

austin has to hit enough to play RF. mason williams haven't done enough to be a top 30 kind of guy. need to hit more
    always reasonable

NYYF Legend

yankees best hope at this point is to pray that kershaw hits free agency and then blow their load on his contract... and he would be worth it, dude is a straight beast
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Thread Information