+ Reply to Thread
Page 430 of 575 FirstFirst ... 330 380 420 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 440 480 530 ... LastLast
Results 10,726 to 10,750 of 14372

Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    That's cool. The post I quoted wasn't as coherent as this one.
    Thanks Snapple. I had a typo that's since been corrected. That was probably the focal point of the confusion.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    Thanks Snapple. I had a typo that's since been corrected. That was probably the focal point of the confusion.
    yeah
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

NYYF Legend

cashman getting herbed out this winter to the max... another potential target off the board in choo
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    cashman getting herbed out this winter to the max... another potential target off the board in choo
    In fairness, Towers donation of Bauer to that three-way trade made that happen. Don't see how Cash can match that for 1 year of Choo.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheJetRodriguez View Post
    Josh Hamilton has been sober longer than 10 days, and no, the legnth of sobriety has no influence on the odds of relapse.

on edit: I assume we're talking about a person who has been sober for some time (which would be relevant to discussing Hamilton) and not a person who is experiencing withdrawal syndrome (which wouldn't).
    I'm no expert, but this seems highly counter-intuitive.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I'm no expert, but this seems highly counter-intuitive.
    Thats because you are trying to apply common sense to addiction. If it were that simple nobody would be an addict. Some people feel there is a drop off after 5 years of sobriety, but again I'm not including people who simply stop for a couple of weeks or even a year or so.
    So every 12 step program teaches, yet their success rate is no better than those who spontaneously abstain.

* edited to change how to who
    this is true, but what Snapple said is true too. The two points aren't really related IMO.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheJetRodriguez View Post
    Thats because you are trying to apply common sense to addiction. If it were that simple nobody would be an addict. Some people feel there is a drop off after 5 years of sobriety, but again I'm not including people who simply stop for a couple of weeks or even a year or so.this is true, but what Snapple said is true too. The two points aren't really related IMO.

All points now mute...
    [SIZE=3]"Scooter - RIP and thank you for being part of my childhood"[/SIZE]

Cashman is giving Ichiro another year so that they can have more t-shirts to sell when he is limping around for his 3,000th hit in 2014.

When George made foolish reactionary moves, it was because he wanted to win above all else -- and he never shied away from making follow-up moves to buy his way out of his mistakes. Cashman and Levine seem to be only concerned with making their pals at Goldman Sachs and News Corp. as much profit as possible.

They are in for a rude awakening once they realize that corporate luxury box clients, the ones who spent $1,250 a seat, won't be re-upping to see a 75-win collection of geriatrics.
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.

"They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

Yeah it makes no sense to me to walk away from a 2 year deal from Martin...yet give Ichiro a 2 year deal based on a hot two months of production, and ignoring the rest of his 2012 season (and 2011 for that matter).

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mark19 View Post
    Cashman is giving Ichiro another year so that they can have more t-shirts to sell when he is limping around for his 3,000th hit in 2014.

When George made foolish reactionary moves, it was because he wanted to win above all else -- and he never shied away from making follow-up moves to buy his way out of his mistakes. Cashman and Levine seem to be only concerned with making their pals at Goldman Sachs and News Corp. as much profit as possible.

They are in for a rude awakening once they realize that corporate luxury box clients, the ones who spent $1,250 a seat, won't be re-upping to see a 75-win collection of geriatrics.
    Ichiro probably has zero chance to get to 3,000 as a Yankees. He currently has 2606 hits. He would need to get close to 200 hits in both 2013 & 2014. Not likely at age 41.

NYYF Legend

cashman is really taking it up the pooper this winter... granted, i know he's working with a tight budget and doesn't have full autonomy, but you'd think he'd get creative with some trades by now... we certainly have the pieces, and seeing what some other clubs gave up for above average talent (i.e. choo), it saddens me that he's getting anally violated so badly
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    cashman is really taking it up the pooper this winter... granted, i know he's working with a tight budget and doesn't have full autonomy, but you'd think he'd get creative with some trades by now... we certainly have the pieces, and seeing what some other clubs gave up for above average talent (i.e. choo), it saddens me that he's getting anally violated so badly

Cashman should be held accountable for the performance of player development under his leadership. Had he done a better job the organization would be in a much stronger position as it attempts to get under 189.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    Cashman should be held accountable for the performance of player development under his leadership. Had he done a better job the organization would be in a much stronger position as it attempts to get under 189.
    No question.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Yeah it makes no sense to me to walk away from a 2 year deal from Martin...yet give Ichiro a 2 year deal based on a hot two months of production, and ignoring the rest of his 2012 season (and 2011 for that matter).
    Didn't Martin just have two hot months last season or there about?
    [SIZE=3]"Scooter - RIP and thank you for being part of my childhood"[/SIZE]

His Youkilis press conference was supposedly full of his typical Cashman hubris and snark -- "Well you don't win a trophy for having the highest payroll"

Well you do win a trophy for winning the World Series, and the fans care a lot more about that than making sure that Hal has a little more money to squander on horse racing next year.
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.

"They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

NYYF Cy Young

Martin also hit quite a few home runs - some of them quite important - and blocked everything that came his way. Between Martin and Ichiro, I see Martin as the bigger loss, given the alternatives.

NYYF Cy Young

Wonder if Cashman will jump ship when his contract is up, or react to possible criticism that he can't win with a smaller payroll...

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM 2002 View Post
    Martin also hit quite a few home runs - some of them quite important - and blocked everything that came his way. Between Martin and Ichiro, I see Martin as the bigger loss, given the alternatives.
    I agree. Its much more difficult to find a competent catcher than a 39 year old corner outfielder with no power. Given the contracts that were handed out this offseason, what Martin got from Pittsburgh was peanuts.

The Yanks FO has gone corporate. They know Ichiro's pursuit of 3k hits is worth millions in advertising. Signing him is all about profits leading up to a sale of the team.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd

Released Outright

I think the Ichiro signing was more about ensuring that we only have one OF spot to fill come 2014.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

The Yanks FO has gone corporate. They know Ichiro's pursuit of 3k hits is worth millions in advertising. Signing him is all about profits leading up to a sale of the team.
    Then they'd probably want him for a 3rd year...
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

The Yanks FO has gone corporate.

like delv, but better

NYYF Legend

Why would Ichiro's pursuit of 3K hits be that important? It's not like Jeter who got all his hits as a Yankee. A Rod should get 3K and at least a good many of those hits were as a Yankee.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Why would Ichiro's pursuit of 3K hits be that important? It's not like Jeter who got all his hits as a Yankee. A Rod should get 3K and at least a good many of those hits were as a Yankee.
    Ugh, let's deal with that when that day gets here, I don't even want to think about that

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBombers92 View Post
    Ugh, let's deal with that when that day gets here, I don't even want to think about that
    You're dreading A-Rod's 3,000th hit?

Thread Information