+ Reply to Thread
Page 414 of 542 FirstFirst ... 314 364 404 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 424 464 514 ... LastLast
Results 10,326 to 10,350 of 13530
    NYYF Legend

Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

Not that the Montero-Pineda trade has been any kind of success, but for anyone who says it has been terrible so far, I would say you are wrong. The Yankees won the trade this year even with both of their acquisitions being out for the season, as Montero and Noesi put up a combined -1.1 WAR for Seattle. So if the yankees played replacement level players instead of Montero/Noesi, they are better by a win

Obviously its possible Montero gained some useful experience through his struggles, and we really need Pineda to come back and be good, but this didn't even come close to hurting the Yankees this year

I forgot he was still with the Yankees. IMO, the front office from top to bottom needs a major shakeup.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-s...nkees-blakeley
    Fire Cashman, but Hal Steinbrenner is the root of Yankee woes.

NYYF Legend

I read a few times this week that Justin Upton may be available this winter (their owner denied it today, however). He is exactly the type of player that Cashman has struck gold with previously. A player with lots of talent coming off of a bad season while he is due to make some decent $$ - Swisher, Granderson. Target #1 and #1A.

As I've said before, his AAV works right into the Yankees' hands for the $189M in 2014 purposes, as his AAV for this deal is $8.5M and goes through the end of the 2015 season.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I read a few times this week that Justin Upton may be available this winter (their owner denied it today, however). He is exactly the type of player that Cashman has struck gold with previously. A player with lots of talent coming off of a bad season while he is due to make some decent $$ - Swisher, Granderson. Target #1 and #1A.

As I've said before, his AAV works right into the Yankees' hands for the $189M in 2014 purposes, as his AAV for this deal is $8.5M and goes through the end of the 2015 season.
    Completely agree. I hope Cash makes a run at him. There were points this year where Upton seemed at odds with his senior supervisors. Hopefully that motivates AZ to put him on the block. N

Best move this season was not giving anything up for Dempster. What a train wreck he's been.

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    Just read that the sawx have hired the scout who found Trout and Weaver for the Angels

Our player development has underperformed since Cashman has had complete control.

And that happened while the Yanks were able to flex their financial muscles

Now, we can't spend on the international draft of lure picks w/ the possibility of above slot singing bonuses

That only leaves free agency ( been there and done that- not sustainable ) or development/scouting

Are you confident that this management team will succeed in the new environment?

I'm not

PS

also need to factor in the other teams w/ increased TV deals or their own networks- ie Dodgers etc
    Everything I have read says the Yankees really wanted Trout, but were just a victim of circumstance. Plus as someone else has stated, Weaver was a lock. Really don't think the sawx getting the scout is that big of a deal.

... but who do you trade for him? Sanchez and Mason Williams are the only position players who appear to have any value.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd

I've mentioned it already, but I'd love Shin-Soo Choo. He probably wouldn't cost nearly as much as Upton and he'd be perfect for this lineup/stadium (high OBP/power/etc.)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    ... but who do you trade for him? Sanchez and Mason Williams are the only position players who appear to have any value.
    Tyler Austin is valuable as well. They can create a package for sure.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    I've mentioned it already, but I'd love Shin-Soo Choo. He probably wouldn't cost nearly as much as Upton and he'd be perfect for this lineup/stadium (high OBP/power/etc.)
    He's entering his final year of arbitration. He's a Boras client, so he isn't going to negotiate an extension.

Tyler Austin is valuable as well. They can create a package for sure.
    I wouldn't trade Austin for Choo because of his impending free agency after the 2013 season and his splits against left-handed pitching.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I wouldn't trade Austin for Choo because of his impending free agency after the 2013 season and his splits against left-handed pitching.
    I wasn't talking about trading for Choo.

I wasn't talking about trading for Choo.
    Who are you talking about then because Boras isn't Upton's agent, but is Choo's agent.

NYYF Legend

Who are you talking about then because Boras isn't Upton's agent, but is Choo's agent.
    Blazer spoke about Upton, in which I mentioned Austin. teknetic spoke about Choo, in which I mentioned Boras.

Eh on Upton. He's inconsistent (year-to-year), has some injury concerns, is a mediocre base stealer who doesn't realize it, and will probably cost quite a bit.

I'd like him on my team, but not at the expected cost.

I'd love for Choo to be a mid-season acquisition next year once Cleveland decides to sell.

NYYF Legend

Towers is too smart to sell low. Choo is a more realistic option IMO.

I think it's very important to note, under Cashman, the Yankees have developed a strong reputation for treating players well and competing every year.

Cashman is why we have one of the best benches in baseball. Some of our bench players got better offers elsewhere but chose to come here because, in no small part, Cashman has run the organization "right."

Eric Chavez
    Ichiro!
    Hiroki Kuroda
    Andruw Jones

Choo is a better player (maybe less talented, but sure as hell a lot more consistent) than either of the Upton brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    Towers is too smart to sell low. Choo is a more realistic option IMO.
    I totally agree. Choo could easily replace Swisher or Granderson (not CF of course).
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd

upton alternates good years with bad years like clockwork. next year will be rly good again.
    always reasonable

He's entering his final year of arbitration. He's a Boras client, so he isn't going to negotiate an extension.
    I don't care for an extension. The dude is a stud; if he maintains his pace, he'll get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    I don't care for an extension. The dude is a stud; if he maintains his pace, he'll get paid.
    Against right-handed pitching, but he's MIA against left-handed pitchers. Can Kevin Long help him in that regard?

tex and choo can combine to form teixeichoo and dominate the universe
    always reasonable

lineup is weak enough against LHP as is, don't think we need another left handed bat.

NYYF Legend

Against right-handed pitching, but he's MIA against left-handed pitchers. Can Kevin Long help him in that regard?
    he was actually fairly good against LHP (OPS of around .800) until 2009... then things started going downhill from there

i'm not saying it's an easy fix, but he's shown he can handle same side pitching in the past... clearly, pitchers have adjusted, so i feel like it's just a matter of adjusting back (whether someone like long could help him do that remains a mystery, obviously... i've heard reports that he's not very coachable)
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Thread Information