+ Reply to Thread
Page 407 of 562 FirstFirst ... 307 357 397 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 417 457 507 ... LastLast
Results 10,151 to 10,175 of 14037
  1. #10151

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCrusader View Post
    He was signed to be a the LF DH against RHB on a 1 year deal for the 1.5 million mentioned above.

    If you think that type of signing when you include contract, years and performance was just meh then I really don't know what to tell you.

    The executives around the game most definitely would think it was a great signing specifically based on his performance being necessary in the absence of Gardner.

    Executives live for these type of 1 year deals at the this type of cost.
    Yeah, but on Yankeefantasyland board, it shouldn't matter what people make. That's not part of baseball! It's all about raw numbers. On here, we don't care that people like Teixeira and Tex are signed for a combined $50m+ for every year for the next five years. As long as they RAKE, baby!

  2. #10152
    NYYF MVP

    NYCrusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    Your obsession with Mark Teixeira is frightening.

  3. #10153

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCrusader View Post
    Your obsession with Mark Teixeira is frightening.
    It's easy to get people passionate about him for some reason...

  4. #10154
    NYYF MVP

    NYCrusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    Seems to me like no one on planet earth is a passionate about Mark Teixeira as you, maybe mama Teixeira has you beat.

  5. #10155

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCrusader View Post
    Seems to me like no one on planet earth is a passionate about Mark Teixeira as you, maybe mama Teixeira.
    Or snapple.

  6. #10156

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    Or snapple.
    Oh, and FalseGuy or whatever.

  7. #10157
    NYYF MVP

    NYCrusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    Fill me in..

    Do snapple and FalseGuy defend Tex to the extreme while you criticize him to the extreme?

    Because obviously there is going to be friction with two extreme arguments being put forth that hold no weight in the logical and rational world.

  8. #10158

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCrusader View Post
    Fill me in..

    Do snapple and FalseGuy defend Tex to the extreme while you criticize him to the extreme?

    Because obviously there is going to be friction with two extreme arguments being put forth that hold no weight in the logical and rational world.
    Well, I don't think my opinon on Tex is extreme. I say he's a little above average as a first baseman. He hits for a lower than average BA, a lower than average OBP, and a higher than average Slugghing percentage. He also has an excellent glove. In my view, he's better than average but not by a lot. His 118+ OPS is indicative of that.

    I won't speak for Snapple and FalseGuy other than to say they think he's better than I do.

  9. #10159
    NYYF MVP

    NYCrusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    You are good guy, you turned a simple discussion on whether the Ibanez signing was good in the context of Cashman and people complaining about the move during ST and with one simple out of left field factious dig aimed at the people I assume you argue about Tex with constantly you flipped the discussion.

    Props bro but with that I'm out.

  10. #10160

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCrusader View Post
    You're good guy, you turned a simple discussion on whether the Ibanez signing was good in the context of Cashman and people complaining about the move during ST and with one simple out of left field factious dig aimed at the people I assume you argue about Tex with constantly you flipped the discussion.

    Props bro but with that I'm out.
    Yeah, i didn't flip any conversation. I was pointing out, in a sarcastic tone, that you were right about what the Yanks got for their money for Ibanez. My point was that it does matter how much teams pay, and for how long, when they signed these guys. Ibanez is going to kind of approximate Arod and Tex' overall offesnvie proiduction I wuold think this year...for about $10m and a one year committment. some don't see the contract playing any role into factoring the role of the player. I've heard people on here completely dismissing the possibility of Arod and Tex being traded if the Yankees could give them away with their contracts. Like any team would take them.

  11. #10161
    NYYF MVP

    NYCrusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    I know what your point was and as was pointed out you brought up Tex in the context of your little internet battles with what I assume are the two posters you mentioned above.

    Look there is a difference between constructively criticizing Mark Teixeira because you think he has the talent to be better and should be better I have no problem with that but what you on the other hand do is have a constant obsession and crusade with the one and only Mark Teixera and take that criticism to downright obsessive levels.

    I think there was a poster here who was similar but it was with Phil Hughes don't remember the posters user name, though if I do recall correctly it was a female.

    Obviously there are specific posters here who are on the other extreme who don't like Yankees being criticized, in this case specifically your obsession with criticizing Tex and you go back and forth with those type of fans who are the other extreme of you.

    So could Tex be better offensively?

    Sure he could, I don't think any logical person could say otherwise but by the same token he has been more then good in his time with the Yankees offensively, defensively and in the clubhouse and so far we have 1 ring to show for it which yes he was a big part of.

    But man do what you got to do, but don't get it twisted it's an obsession in every sense of the word obsession means in what you do in the context of Mark Teixeira.

    It was fun man but I'm really out this time, I pinky promise.

  12. #10162

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCrusader View Post
    I know what your point was and as was pointed out you brought up Tex in the context of your little internet battles with what I assume are the two posters you mentioned above.

    Look there is a difference between constructively criticizing Mark Teixeira because you think he has the talent to be better and should be better I have no problem with that but what you on the other hand do is have a constant obsession and crusade with the one and only Mark Teixera and take that criticism to downright obsessive levels.

    I think there was a poster here who was similar but it was with Phil Hughes don't remember the posters user name, though if I do recall correctly it was a female.

    Obviously there are specific posters here who are on the other extreme who don't like Yankees being criticized, in this case specifically your obsession with criticizing Tex and you go back and forth with those type of fans who are the other extreme of you.

    So could Tex be better offensively?

    Sure he could, I don't think any logical person could say otherwise but by the same token he has been more then good in his time with the Yankees offensively, defensively and in the clubhouse and so far we have 1 ring to show for it which yes he was a big part of.

    But man do what you got to do, but don't get it twisted it's an obsession in every sense of the word obsession means in what you do in the context of Mark Teixeira.

    It was fun man but I'm really out this time, I pinky promise.
    Well, I gues you'll never read this unless you decide to change you're mind and comback to the thread, which it doesn't sound as if you will do.

    I also don't 'obsess' on Tex. I took some heat earlier today when I said ARod had a great postseason in 2009 but that I thought his World Series that year was middling.
    I tend to focus most on big time players falling short of their conctracts, I must admit.

  13. #10163
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    Oh, and FalseGuy or whatever.
    Hahaha, ok. Even when the troll crawls out from under the Teixeria Bridge and explores other threads, he has to bring up Teixeira. The icing on the cake is Tex Troll is calling out other posters for being obsessed with him. That's delish.

  14. #10164
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    Well, I gues you'll never read this unless you decide to change you're mind and comback to the thread, which it doesn't sound as if you will do.

    I also don't 'obsess' on Tex. I took some heat earlier today when I said ARod had a great postseason in 2009 but that I thought his World Series that year was middling.
    I tend to focus most on big time players falling short of their conctracts, I must admit.
    Focus away. You won't find a SINGLE FORUMER here that doesn't agree that Tex and your new nitpick victim A-Rod are "big time players falling short of their contracts." I'm pretty confident that even Snapple (who appears to be the biggest Tex supporter there is) wouldn't disagree that Tex isn't living up to his contract.

  15. #10165

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    Oh, and FalseGuy or whatever.

    I could possibly be the "whatever".
    You know they are not real pies, right?

    "I heard Jackie Bradley junior was already voted to the ASG....for the next three years." - NerfBall55 4/4/2013

  16. #10166

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    I don't. Womack and Crosby taught me that ST stats couldn't be trusted.
    Don't forget Enrique Wilson. Dude used to bat .500 every spring training.
    Ain't it EVIL to LIVE backwards

  17. #10167

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    Or snapple.
    I've said 100000000000000000000000 times that Tex is my favorite player. Of course there is bias.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

  18. #10168

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    It's easy to get people passionate about him for some reason...
    It's not often someone actually admits to trolling.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  19. #10169
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In front of the TV

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    I think people look at contracts the wrong way. Some, not all.
    Alex got a huge payday because of his track record and the HOPE that he'd continue.
    Tex, the same.

    Not one person on this forum goes into a job, does outstanding work and doesn't expect a raise. It's the past job performance that gets you the raise, not what your projected work ethic might be.
    Performance = cash-ola.

    And it's not the players' faults they're being piad as they do. It's dopey owners that offer such deals.

    Again, if a company came to anyone of us and offered us triple of what we were already making, no one is turning it down. No one.
    Therefore, the money falls on the shoulders of the owners, not the players.
    Performance falls with the players.
    Owners that aren't savy enough to project an aging star and structure the contract accordingly, is not the fault of the player.
    Another example would be Jeter. No one seemd to complain when Jeter was raking back in the late 90's and he was getting paid relative peanuts. He earned every nickel of the huge contract he signed afterwards. But it wasn't (fully) because of his future projections but more because of what he did in seasons past.

    This is all my own theory and shouldn't be taken too seriously. But I'll say it forever - players get paid big bucks on what they've already done. Owners take risks that those players' trends will continue.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

  20. #10170
    Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Too Close to Fenway

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    I think people look at contracts the wrong way. Some, not all.
    Alex got a huge payday because of his track record and the HOPE that he'd continue.
    Tex, the same.

    Not one person on this forum goes into a job, does outstanding work and doesn't expect a raise. It's the past job performance that gets you the raise, not what your projected work ethic might be.
    Performance = cash-ola.

    And it's not the players' faults they're being piad as they do. It's dopey owners that offer such deals.

    Again, if a company came to anyone of us and offered us triple of what we were already making, no one is turning it down. No one.
    Therefore, the money falls on the shoulders of the owners, not the players.
    Performance falls with the players.
    Owners that aren't savy enough to project an aging star and structure the contract accordingly, is not the fault of the player.
    Another example would be Jeter. No one seemd to complain when Jeter was raking back in the late 90's and he was getting paid relative peanuts. He earned every nickel of the huge contract he signed afterwards. But it wasn't (fully) because of his future projections but more because of what he did in seasons past.

    This is all my own theory and shouldn't be taken too seriously. But I'll say it forever - players get paid big bucks on what they've already done. Owners take risks that those players' trends will continue.
    Sure, but no reasonable person could have expected (or even hoped) A-Rod to continue his production into his early 40s. I agree the contract wasn't his fault --and I do blame ownership for not making him pay -- but rather rewarding him -- for opting out. That said, he did handle that whole situation pretty poorly
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

  21. #10171
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Im sure he has earned that 1.5 mil he was signed for and compared to the other options, he is looking very good.
    Are you talking about Raul?

    It was $1.1M plus PA incentives. He's already earned $750,000 in PA incentives so he's $1.85M and counting. and he'll get another $150K to $200K for every 25 PAs from here until 525 PAs but it's hard to say he hasn't "earned" that so far. The deal maxes out at $4M if gets 525+ PAs.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  22. #10172
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In front of the TV

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    Sure, but no reasonable person could have expected (or even hoped) A-Rod to continue his production into his early 40s. I agree the contract wasn't his fault --and I do blame ownership for not making him pay -- but rather rewarding him -- for opting out. That said, he did handle that whole situation pretty poorly
    I can't disagree with this.
    I was very angry with Alex when he opted out and thought Hal should have stuck it to him when he had the chance.
    But I think Hal (and Hank) were afraid that he'd end up in Boston and they panicked.

    It is what it is. I root for Alex every at bat, that his swing will straighten out and he'll be very productive for the rest of the season... (most because I traded for him in the offseason in my Strat O Matic league - yeah, I'm selfish!)
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

  23. #10173
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCrusader View Post
    He was signed simply to be a the LF DH against RHB on a 1 year deal for the 1.5 million mentioned above.

    Think about that for a second.

    If you think that type of signing when you include contract, years and performance was just meh then I really don't know what to tell you.

    The executives around the game most definitely would think it was a great signing.

    Executives live for these type of 1 year deals at the this type of cost.
    I was indifferent about the signing, still am. He mashed in May and had an abysmal June. We'll see how it works out, but as a certain Sox fan on this board would say, it could go either way.

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    Yeah, but on Yankeefantasyland board, it shouldn't matter what people make. That's not part of baseball! It's all about raw numbers. On here, we don't care that people like Teixeira and Tex are signed for a combined $50m+ for every year for the next five years. As long as they RAKE, baby!
    Hack poster.

  24. #10174
    Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jax

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Are you talking about Raul?

    It was $1.1M plus PA incentives. He's already earned $750,000 in PA incentives so he's $1.85M and counting. and he'll get another $150K to $200K for every 25 PAs from here until 525 PAs but it's hard to say he hasn't "earned" that so far. The deal maxes out at $4M if gets 525+ PAs.
    Point still stands......?
    Fistpumping like a champion.

  25. #10175

    Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    It's easy to get people passionate about him for some reason...
    I figured it out.

    You're Vicente Padilla.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. spikeowenfan

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts