+ Reply to Thread
Page 394 of 578 FirstFirst ... 294 344 384 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 404 444 494 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,850 of 14437

Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    Trading D-Rob has no connection whatsoever to the Soriano contract, at least if we're talking about what the Yankees SHOULD do. That contract is bad independent of everything else, and trading D-Rob shouldn't necessitate Soriano v2.0.
    necessity is useless here because we have this information about yankees impulse buying relievers
    always reasonable

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dave8274 View Post
    There seems to be this belief that Hughes would be a good relief pitcher. I don't see it.
    The end of last year he put in 5 innings as a reliever that were good.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post

there are a number of factors in play for me here.

1. i value shutdown bullpens a bit more than most because of the stacking efficiency it has, particularly in the postseason. drob is a guy that can get free outs in any game any situation. having drob makes mo more impactful, and so on.
    I can get behind this line of thinking, but I think adding a legit #2 outweighs losing D-Rob in the postseason, especially if Hughes can get shoved to the pen and just throw the cutter all day. If Pineda was doing his thing, I might not do a Haren for D-Rob trade.

3. yankees develop relievers better than they develop starters. ok, this means trading drob is in fact what they should do, then develop more drobs and use the money on more offense or starting pitching. but with the soriano feliciano of the world getting signed, it seems like they do not have this philosophy of developing your own relievers. i'd much rather let them take risks with upside on starters, rather than doing absolutely nothing with reliever deals.
    Yeah, I do think you're arguing against yourself here. The Yankees can develop relievers and trade the overvalued ones (even ones that are legitimately good like D-Rob) while keeping the effective but not sexy pieces. And we do have guys that are similar to D-Rob in the minors.

still, if im playing gm rather than speaking from a fan's perspective, and angels offered the deal i'd take it pretty fast. it'll probably backfire in 2 weeks but hey.
    D-Rob is way cooler, although I think I could get behind the squirrel suit that is Haren's coiffure.

necessity is useless here because we have this information about yankees impulse buying relievers
    Yeah, they do. But when we play GM on the internetz, we assume we have complete control over all operations and could put an end to such silliness.

I'm not going to bust your balls for wanting to keep Montero because the Yankees have a history of signing veteran pitchers to terrible contracts and one would lead to the other.

Plus if we could bring back Walden somehow in a deal, we'd have D-Rob lite (minus). Why they demoted him so quickly is beyond me.

I know that there are many Cashman supporters in this thread and I'm probably going to get skewered for this but right now I feel this organization does not have the proper leadership. Its an absolute joke that a major league team that is that is supposed to be a championship contender is playing shorthanded for multiple games. There is no need to carry 13 pitchers in addition to a player on the 25 man roster who can't play. The General Manager needs to get his head out of his azz, cut a pitcher and bring up an outfielder. He needs to do this yesterday.

angels are blind squirrels with very good nose for nuts
    always reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    I know that there are many Cashman supporters in this thread and I'm probably going to get skewered for this but right now I feel this organization does not have the proper leadership. Its an absolute joke that a major league team that is that is supposed to be a championship contender is playing shorthanded for multiple games. There is no need to carry 13 pitchers in addition to a player on the 25 man roster who can't play. The General Manager needs to get his head out of his azz, cut a pitcher and bring up an outfielder. He needs to do this yesterday.
    I thought all Yankee fans are Cashman supporters? Also, how about our manager having some responsibility here?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I thought all Yankee fans are Cashman supporters? Also, how about our manager having some responsibility here?
    If Giradi is on board with having 13 pitchers and an injured player on the 25 man roster, than yes he has some responsibility. But the General Manager has the power to end this madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    If Giradi is on board with having 13 pitchers and an injured player on the 25 man roster, than yes he has some responsibility. But the General Manager has the power to end this madness.
    You think otherwise, if so then Girardi isn't respected by his own GM, who is managing this team for the 5th year with a WS title. Whether the GM has the power or not, this is an organizational decision and both share responsiblity in it.

Again, I guess your non-answer does answered my question about not all Yankee fans supporting their GM. The same applies to the manager's position too.

it's pretty perplexing. the org obviously has some competent parts but those competency often gets wasted by uncoordinated action later on in the process.
    always reasonable

It's too bad Raegins (sp) isn't the GM any longer. A floundering team + a crappy GM and oooooooh boy.

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    A 1-2 of CC and Haren is a formidable postseason tandem, especially with this offense and a
    still-very-good bullpen (I imagine Huges would take over the 8th inning).
    Angels aren't trading Haren. i'm not even sure if the Yankees would move Drob at this point.

The gerbil lives Zimmers' Helmet's Avatar

Can we please stop the insanity about trading D-Rob?
    This guy gives the Yankees a huge advantage over every bullpen in the AL East - to give that up is ridiculous, especially with a struggling rotation.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet View Post
    This guy gives the Yankees a huge advantage over every bullpen in the AL East - to give that up is ridiculous, especially with a struggling rotation.
    ...the rotation struggling is sort of the reason why this is even being discussed.

well, yankees have enough to make the playoff still.
    always reasonable

The gerbil lives Zimmers' Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    ...the rotation struggling is sort of the reason why this is even being discussed.
    Trading an asset like D-Rob to replace one of four struggling starters isnt a solution to the problem.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Legend

well, yankees have enough to make the playoff still.
    True, but making the playoffs isn't the ultimate goal. Barring injury, I think the rotation 1-4 will be good enough once Pettitte returns. But the injuries to Swisher, Gardner and now Chavez are exposing some weaknesses that need to be addressed.

I'm also not sure if carrying that extra pitcher is such a great idea now.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

cc nova kuroda will be ok in the playoffs. in a series robertson could pitch almost as many innings as a haren with better leverage and much more efficiency.

that and if you have faith in rafael soriano
    always reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    It is being discussed here, but without any validation that it's even being considered by either team.

NYYF Legend

Gardner, Swisher and Chavez out. Do they intend to replace any of these guys with position players or do they plan on having a 16 man bullpen!

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Gardner, Swisher and Chavez out. Do they intend to replace any of these guys with position players or do they plan on having a 16 man bullpen!
    I think it's safe to say with how bad he looked Chavez is headed for the DL and I would hope an infielder will be called up.
    Life is good!

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    With the offense sputtering, they will need a 16-man pen to keep the other teams from scoring.

Veteran leadership does not have to be geriatric.

Trading an asset like D-Rob to replace one of four struggling starters isnt a solution to the problem.
    Why isn't it? Relievers are easier to replace and are much, much, much cheaper. I love DRob as much as the next guy, but Dan Haren is an exceptional pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    It is being discussed here, but without any validation that it's even being considered by either team.
    Yes, this is what usually happens on message boards.

I know, right! I wouldn't trade D-Rob for Verlander because that would be insane!

Thread Information