+ Reply to Thread
Page 342 of 562 FirstFirst ... 242 292 332 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 352 392 442 ... LastLast
Results 8,526 to 8,550 of 14026

Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

time value of money considerations...not sure how much lee takes that into account.

actually i don't even know why i'm even posting this post but whateva
    always reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet View Post
    Cash is a funny man:

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yanke...#ixzz1UvDnAEdc

Really, Cash? All emotion and not factual?

Burnett since the All-Star break:

IP: 29
    H: 39
    BB: 14
    K: 29
    ERA: 6.44
    WHIP 1.83
    AVG: .317

Maybe he's looking at different numbers:

Burnett's

SIERA: 3.82 (lowest since 2008)
    xFIP: 3.94 (lowest since 2008)

like delv, but better

xFIP- please

And over past 6 years he has a HR/FB well above average (12ish) so xFIP/SIERA will overestimate him by some (not sure how much of that is due to ballpark)

As someone said today, Cashman has no problem taking shots at Bernie Williams, Jeter, Posada, etc. but he goes out of his way to praise Burnett and essentailly said that anyone who disagrees with him is stupid. If Cashman actually believes the things he said in that interview it does not bode well for the organization.

Cashman is very lucky the old man passed. Because if the Boss was still around I can assure you that he would not be publicly criticizing his bosses for over ruling him on a personel decision and he wouldn't be suggesting that those who disagree with him on Burnett are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    As someone said today, Cashman has no problem taking shots at Bernie Williams, Jeter, Posada, etc. but he goes out of his way to praise Burnett and essentailly said that anyone who disagrees with him is stupid. If Cashman actually believes the things he said in that interview it does not bode well for the organization..
    So basically saying a players skills have diminished is taking a shot at them? We all know Bernie could not play the outfield anymore, Posada's bat has slowed and can't catch anymore, Jeter range has diminished and has lost all power.

Cashman is very lucky the old man passed. Because if the Boss was still around I can assure you that he would not be publicly criticizing his bosses for over ruling him on a personel decision and he wouldn't be suggesting that those who disagree with him on Burnett are idiots.
    I think Cash would.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

As someone said today, Cashman has no problem taking shots at Bernie Williams, Jeter, Posada, etc. but he goes out of his way to praise Burnett and essentailly said that anyone who disagrees with him is stupid. If Cashman actually believes the things he said in that interview it does not bode well for the organization.

i think cashman's comments were accurate. AJ hasn't pitched awfully over the whole year but given the amount he's being paid, it feels terrible. AJ can't help that he was offered too many years and too much money. deep down, away from the media cashman knows that AJ isn't worth his place in the rotation but he's got him for another two years, so he has to do anything he can to get the best out of him.

as for not doing stuff when the boss was around doesn't make it a good idea (if that makes any sense). as great as the boss was at times, he was also very unhelpful to the FO. perhaps that is not a direct comparison to this circumstance but cashman is a bright guy who knows how to deal with the NY media.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

AV:

As you well know, saying people are emotional is not the same as calling them idiots or saying that those who disagree with you are all stupid.

I am just curious as to why you have such deep negative emotions toward Cashman. Have you had personal contact with him? IMO, your posts on Cashman are on the whole the most slanted I have read on this board in my ten years of posting here.

Welcome back Scott Proctor......................I think?

The worst part of this meaningless signing is not that Proctor is toast, but that the Braves released him to make room for Arodys Vizcaino, another painful reminder of that awful trade Cashman made to get his boy Javy once again (as if the first Javy for NJ/Choate/Rivera trade didn't turn out to be bad enough) - this time Melky and Vizcaino. Ugh.

Re: Welcome back Scott Proctor......................I think?

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    The worst part of this signing is not that Proctor is toast, but that the Braves released him to make room for Arodys Vizcaino, another painful reminder of that awful trade Cashman made to get his boy Javy once again (as if the first Javy for NJ/Choate/Rivera trade didn't turn out to be bad enough) - this time Melky and Vizcaino. Ugh.
    Even Mike Dunn is looking pretty damn good as well.

Absolutely abysmal trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    Even Mike Dunn is looking pretty damn good as well.

Absolutely abysmal trade.

And your point about Dunn in relation to the other 5 players mentioned is?

Edit: Gotcha. I misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    And your point about Dunn is?

Wasn't it self explanatory?

//edit

I am agreeing that it was a terrible trade & that you forgot to mention Mike Dunn (who was part of the trade)...who is having himself a very good year in the Marlins pen.

Wasn't it self explanatory?

//edit

I am agreeing that it was a terrible trade & that you forgot to mention Mike Dunn (who was part of the trade)...who is having himself a very good year in the Marlins pen.
    That's correct. My bad. I misunderstood.

Piss-poor trade(s)

But as to your edit, the majority of my posts (hyperbole because I doubt you counted) are snide comments to posters & not about the team or players?

I don't think it's possible for that to be more inaccurate.

But as to your edit, the majority of my posts (hyperbole because I doubt you counted) are snide comments to posters & not about the team or players?

I don't think it's possible for that to be more inaccurate.
    My apologies. I thought you were facetiously (or snidely) adding Dunn (I wondered why, since he's doing well) and responded defensively, when I should have thought it out. So yeah, hyperbole.

Obviously the Vazquez trade has ended up a disaster but as is always the case you have to judge a trade based on the circumstances at the time. Yanks just came off a world series win and a playoff run using 3 starters, Vazquez was coming off a career year, everyone knew he wouldnt be as good in the AL and we knew about his past with the yanks but we just needed him to be a 4th starter and I dont think anyone could have predicted hed be as bad as he was.
    If you listen to the fans you’ll be sitting with them soon enough.- Brian Cashman

Quote Originally Posted by R.V.47 View Post
    Obviously the Vazquez trade has ended up a disaster but as is always the case you have to judge a trade based on the circumstances at the time. Yanks just came off a world series win and a playoff run using 3 starters, Vazquez was coming off a career year, everyone knew he wouldnt be as good in the AL and we knew about his past with the yanks but we just needed him to be a 4th starter and I dont think anyone could have predicted hed be as bad as he was.
    Maybe not but you don't deal a pitcher with a ceiling like Vizcaino plus others for Vazquez.

Maybe not but you don't deal a pitcher with a ceiling like Vizcaino plus others for Vazquez.
    Yes, you do, if they're in low "A" ball far from establishing themselves and depending on the circumstances.

Unfortuanately, Cashman didn't get the results he expected from Javy.

NYYF Legend

Haven't been around since Friday - did anyone else find it extremely convenient that Garcia had this non-baseball related injury come up just as they needed to cut the rotation down to 5?

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Haven't been around since Friday - did anyone else find it extremely convenient that Garcia had this non-baseball related injury come up just as they needed to cut the rotation down to 5?
    Yes, I mentioned in the Girardi thread that I was surprised he kept a straight face announcing it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Yes, I mentioned in the Girardi thread that I was surprised he kept a straight face announcing it.
    Yeah, no chance this is legit. I'd have to see visual evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Yes you do if they're in low "A" ball far from establishing themselves.

Unfortuanately, Cashman didn't get the results he expected from Javy.
    In your opinion, at what point is a prospect established?

He was showing elite swing & miss stuff when he was traded. That may not be "established" but it sounds to me like the foundation was right there to move very quickly. We saw just that happen as he carved up 3 levels this year & is now pitching in the majors.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I'm surprised Burnett isn't the one to be the recipient of an injury.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Jon Daniels traded away Soriano and Adrian Gonzalez (along with Chris Young) in the same offseason. The next year he got rid of John Danks.

Vizcaino might be that guy for Cashman, but it's way too early to tell.

NYYF Legend

This discussion is so lame. Everyone has decided now that they have great hindsight and just knew that Vasquez wouldn't be good, but he had just come off 3 straight years of good FIP and xFIP, 2 of which were in the AL. Once again, here is the main reason Vasquez wasn't good:

2009 FB vel with Braves: 91.1 mph
    2010 FB vel with Yankees: 88.7 mph

He lost his fastball. He wasn't 39, he was 33. Everyone is just such a genius, they KNEW it was going to happen. I think it was a good trade from a Yankee perspective. Talented class A pitcher (so even if he's a success, you are talking 2+ years away, which is less valuable success especially from a Yankee perspective) for a pitcher coming off a Cy Young type year and 3 straight years of good peripherals on a good contract and that also would probably net comp draft picks. super duper hindsight powers!

In your opinion, at what point is a prospect established?

He was showing elite swing & miss stuff when he was traded. That may not be "established" but it sounds to me like the foundation was right there to move very quickly. We saw just that happen as he carved up 3 levels this year & is now pitching in the majors.
    It depends on the prospect.

However, I've seen too many IFA prospects flame out after short season "A" ball.

I can understand why many Yankee fans then and now have major problems with that trade. Looking back, so do I. However, I can understand the reasoning why Cashman did so as there were rumors about Vizciano's work habits and such. Maybe, that's BS, but the trade was done and the only thing Yankee fans have left to hope for is that Vizcaino doesn't turn out to be as great as some think he might be and that Dante Jr., doesn't flame out in the minors and has a good Yankee ML career.

Thread Information