+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 564 FirstFirst ... 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 60 100 150 550 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 14099

Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673
    Will you still say that when Lee wins game 4 of the World Series?
    Yes, since i will most likely conclude that we would've won anyway had we not had Lee, sort of you know, like LAST YEAR.

Our genius GM: Thanks Cash

Is Seattle getting a good return for Lee or did Z shoot the M's in the foot here?

Jayson Stark (1:20 PM)

If Jesus Montero is the centerpiece of this trade, he'll be the best player traded for Lee in any of the last three deals.

We get the guy for only 3 months yet have to give the best prospect available.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

The is not the type of trade you trade a like Montero. This is what the Laird, Adams, Joseph, Melancon, McAllister, Nova, etc, are for.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

I guess no one thinks it's possible that Cash expects that he can sign Lee to an extension...

I don't buy the idea that this is a block at all; that would be a panic move and Cash doesn't do those. Then again, I'm a Cash fan and most on this board are not.

Moving Phil to the pen before mid to late September would be asinine, though, so I imagine they have a plan for Javy.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ppa79
    The is not the type of trade you trade a like Montero. This is what the Laird, Adams, Joseph, Melancon, McAllister, Nova, etc, are for.
    Exactly.

Heyman is on with Francesa saying the Mariners aren't thrilled with the Twins top catching prospect. And that the Twins don't have much else in their system.

Tampa doesn't have a top catching prospect either. Texas???

If this is the case then why if you're Cashman do you offer Montero? No other team is offering that level of prospect. If you want Lee that badly, center the deal around another prospect.

Romine, Melancon, Laird, Adams

Two offensive guys that will be in the majors next year. Which is what the Mariners are looking for. Including a catcher. What's wrong with that? I bet the Twins and Tampa package isn't even as good as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbooster
    Then again, I'm a Cash fan and most on this board are not.

I don't know why. If it wasn't for the Yankee money, he would have been fired long ago.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

No complaints. He's going for it, intelligently.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'." - Yogi Berra

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyEllis
    No complaints. He's going for it, intelligently.
    Go for what? We already have the best team in baseball.

If we are going to move Montero, it would need to be for a player of Lee's caliber- a lockdown, co-number 1 starter, who will make us very difficult to beat in a post-season series. Montero is a great prospect, but the prevailing wisdom is that he's destined for 1B/DH vs. C. We are set at 1B for a number of years obviously, and Lee is worth more than a DH. Plus, we have good depth at C in the minors, and Romine may end up a better overall player because of his D and developing offense.

yay 2 more wins in the regular season.
    yay 5% increased chance of winning ws

horray
    always reasonable

And A-Rod is signed until 2017, which means we won't be looking for a DH for a long time starting in 2012 or so.

the argument for trading montero has to start with an analysis of the current roster. basically you are saying, this current team has a 3 year window of dynastic performance, which is assured by trading for lee. montero is a guy without a position in this window, and our lower level high ceiling guys are still a year or two away at least.

the priority for the org. is then to build the strongest team possible in these few years, with and cc/lee still in full production. trading for montero is a sacrifice in terms of value, but one that is made with the aim of a dynastic team in mind.

JESUS DIED FOR U etc etc

disclaimer: lots of obvious problems with this analysis. like, we can still have a dynastic team by signing lee in the off season. so, it is still a 2 month + postseason rental trade. nevertheless, the point is that montero is an expiring good whose value to the organization is quickly fleeting as the core group of players on the major league roster decline. unfortunately, seems like the yankees think montero needs to be traded.
    always reasonable

I don't know why. If it wasn't for the Yankee money, he would have been fired long ago.
    Amen. AMEN.

It baffles me that people still don't see this. Heck, plenty of people on this site still argue that our payroll isn't an advantage for us. LOL

I guess it doesn't take a genius to be the Yankee GM. As long as the Yankees keep on spending any clown can be the GM.
    This is hilarious.

i hear isiah is available.
    always reasonable

Just by scouting various message boards it's awkward how many Yankee fans loathe this deal. I hate trading Montero as much as the next guy and I've always argued that they should be able to find room for him, but I have absolutely no idea what to expect of this.

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic
    This is hilarious.
    Is it really?

How many other teams have a 200 million dollar payroll. A large part of Cashman success is due to the financial resources of the Yankees. Its not like we are slightly above the next team, we are way above them.

Not to mention the 40 million dollar mistake in AAA and giving International free agents deals worth in the millions.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by awy
    the argument for trading montero has to start with an analysis of the current roster. basically you are saying, this current team has a 3 year window of dynastic performance, which is assured by trading for lee. montero is a guy without a position in this window, and our lower level high ceiling guys are still a year or two away at least.

the priority for the org. is then to build the strongest team possible in these few years, with and cc/lee still in full production. trading for montero is a sacrifice in terms of value, but one that is made with the aim of a dynastic team in mind.

JESUS DIED FOR U etc etc

disclaimer: lots of obvious problems with this analysis. like, we can still have a dynastic team by signing lee in the off season. so, it is still a 2 month + postseason rental trade. nevertheless, the point is that montero is an expiring good whose value to the organization is quickly fleeting as the core group of players on the major league roster decline. unfortunately, seems like the yankees think montero needs to be traded.
    What if Cashman has determined that Romine is the better prospect. Than the Yankees are really trading their second best catching prospect for a certified ace starting pitcher.
    Would not like this trade if Montero was the Yankees only catching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673
    What if Cashman has determined that Romine is the better prospect. .
    Then Cash needs to have his head examined. Anyone who believes that shouldn't be involved in baseball operations.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Parenthetically, not any clown could survive two generations of Steinbrenners.

better prospect? are you saying montero will be outproduced by romine? maybe this is so on the yankees, but that's only in terms of use value because montero is blocked at 1b and dh. howeverrr, this is not true of other teams. saying romine is the better prospect is ridiculous and you have not done enough thinking or research to make that kind of claim.
    always reasonable

NYYF Legend

i hear isiah is available.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyEllis
    Parenthetically, not any clown could survive two generations of Steinbrenners.
    Lucky for Cash that the George in the late 90s and 2000s was not the same George of the 70s and 80s.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

better prospect? are you saying montero will be outproduced by romine? maybe this is so on the yankees, but that's only in terms of use value because montero is blocked at 1b and dh. howeverrr, this is not true of other teams. saying romine is the better prospect is ridiculous and you have not done enough thinking or research to make that kind of claim.
    I am not making that claim. I am just saying that might be the reason that Cashman is willing to trade Montero.

montero not being able to catch is one of the bigger reasons, but romine being a better prospect is not the reason.
    always reasonable

Thread Information