+ Reply to Thread
Page 411 of 562 FirstFirst ... 311 361 401 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 421 461 511 ... LastLast
Results 10,251 to 10,275 of 14040

Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

Alex's contract is easily the worst that any team has ever given a position player but Cashman didn't give it to him. I have no problem saying that the deal could well cost of championships going forward.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

NYYF Legend

I give Cashman a big fat F today.............for wearing a UK basketball shirt during his press conference. Oh the horror.....the horror..

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    I give Cashman a big fat F today.............for wearing a UK basketball shirt during his press conference. Oh the horror.....the horror..
    Kentucky?

Fire Cashman yesterday.
    "Never, never, never quit."-Winston Churchill.

NYYF Legend

No wonder he wants to add more starting pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    No wonder he wants to add more starting pitchers.
    the kind of starting pitchers Cashman was looking at wouldn't have even been an upgrade.

During the press conference, all I could think was put a pair of glasses on him and it's Costanza.

He really couldn't have done any better at the deadline to help this team, which has overcome truckloads of injuries but is finally showing signs of floundering?

Since Cashman took over in 2005 this team has developed one power middle reliever, Joba notwithstanding, who's helped the team. IMO that's very telling as to Cashman's ability to evaluate and his organization's ability to develop pitching.

With this type of track record we'll forever be overpaying for FA middle relievers who don't often work out.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    Since Cashman took over in 2005 this team has developed one power middle reliever, Joba notwithstanding, who's helped the team. IMO that's very telling as to Cashman's ability to evaluate and his organization's ability to develop pitching.

With this type of track record we'll forever be overpaying for FA middle relievers who don't often work out.
    Generally speaking, middle relievers are pretty cheap. If they are going to fail to develop players in one particular area, I'd probably pick that one.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Generally speaking, middle relievers are pretty cheap. If they are going to fail to develop players in one particular area, I'd probably pick that one.
    Actually, they're (FA middle relievers) quite expensive given the fungible nature of their job. There's no way an organization as rich as the Yanks shouldn't have one or two MLB ready mid 90's RHRP in the minors. Yet they don't and haven't for quite some time. That's why Cashman cut Joba's rehab short and did the same to ruin CMW's career.

It's the area where a team needs as much depth as any, other than SP. There's no way the Yanks should be signing Loogies to multi-year contracts.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd

Actually, they're (FA middle relievers) quite expensive given the fungible nature of their job. There's no way an organization as rich as the Yanks shouldn't have one or two MLB ready mid 90's RHRP in the minors. Yet they don't and haven't for quite some time. That's why Cashman cut Joba's rehab short and did the same to ruin CMW's career.

It's the area where a team needs as much depth as any, other than SP. There's no way the Yanks should be signing Loogies to multi-year contracts.
    You shouldn't everpay any real money for middle relievers, nor should you invest resources n developing them. Basically, you just go pluck them off the AAAA bush. In the early spring, you can harvest them by the busheflful and bring them all into camp: miL free agents, non-tenders, Mexican of Independent Leaguers, journeymen trying to hang on, and so on. Keep the ones that look the best and stash as manyof the others as you can in your system, because some of the first crop will go bad. As soon as he does, ditch him unceremoniously and without delay, and try someone else.

Even if you go through your initial harvest, there are always more on the bush. Sure, sometimes you don't see anything tastier than Chad Qualls, but wait a little longer and a Derek Lowe might appear.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    I swear, the first two times I read this my reaction was "WTF, they play basketball in England?"
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

NYYF Cy Young

When UK basketball wins,the Yankees usually win that season.

The Yankees bullpen over the last five years is second in the league in ERA and K/9. Cashman might not have much luck in finding starting pitching (Kuroda apparently doesn't count), but he consistently finds guys to fill out the pen via salary dumps/dumpster diving.

Good middle relievers are rare for good reason.

Barring some weird sidearm action and/or ridiculous splits, they become closers or starters pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by TheScooter View Post
    When UK basketball wins,the Yankees usually win that season.
    We haven't ever won at basketball. We suck at it.

Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Comes to his first Yankee camp out of shape, had a damaged shoulder, and now this. I already dislike this irresponsible clown and he hasn't even pitched a game for us.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yanke...99GuOPRnwRa0NL

Cashman should have prevented the DUI.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Cashman should have prevented the DUI.
    By not trading for him?

Seriously, that strip along John Mabry Hwy where the Yanks train has to be the "gentlemen's club" capitol of America. What's a guy to do?

By not trading for him?

Seriously, that strip along John Mabry Hwy where the Yanks train has to be the "gentlemen's club" capitol of America. What's a guy to do?
    Check the sarcasometer's batteries. Not sure why this was injected in the Casman thread. Is he supposed to hang out with guys he trades for and take their keys or something?

Check the sarcasometer's batteries. Not sure why this was injected in the Casman thread. Is he supposed to hang out with guys he trades for and take their keys or something?
    I'm just saying there's a lot of temptation near the Yanks training camp, for a bored 21 year old away from home.

I'm just saying there's a lot of temptation near the Yanks training camp, for a bored 21 year old away from home.
    Oh, was responding to your first sentence in your post.

As far as this piece, temptation or no he's gotta use better judgment.

I've never blamed Cashman for Pineada's injury. If it was preexisting then the medical staff failed (once again).

What I don't understand is why these guys don't just get a car service. I don't make millions of dollars a year and even I budget in a few bucks for a car when I know I'm going out to drink. These guys could have one on standby at all times if they wanted and it's pocket change to them. Even for the young guys making 'only' a million bucks a year or whatever.

Hey, most of us have driven when we shouldn't have at one time or another. If I go out and have a couple of glasses of wine with dinner with my wife and get behind the wheel, I'm taking a chance. I could even understand, if not excuse, somebody getting pulled over in a spot check and barely registering above the legal limit without even thinking they were in the wrong.

But going out partying, drinking and getting behind a wheel is just so stupid on so many levels.

Thread Information