+ Reply to Thread
Page 392 of 562 FirstFirst ... 292 342 382 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 402 442 492 ... LastLast
Results 9,776 to 9,800 of 14026
    Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by indianyanksfan View Post
    interesting points. Still long way to go.

Anyway if a special player comes along I think they will be flexible w the budget
    No, they won't. If they are $1 over the $189 lux cap threshold, it doesn't reset.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    No, they won't. If they are $1 over the $189 lux cap threshold, it doesn't reset.
    For all George did that harmed the team over the years, you know that he would never stand for such garbage starting pitching and would be all over Hamels or whomever. That was a great luxury to have as a Yankee fan. One gets the feeling that Hal wants to win, but wants to turn a profit more than anything, and is very different from his father in this way. I am really doubtful Cash has the chops to be the GM we will need as we are entering the era of Yankee Austerity Measures.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Rafael Soriano.

I do think the budget is real but I also think Hal is a fan and will spend money if things get desperate.

It's not 2014 or never. They can get under 189 any season, starting in 2014, and get the same benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post
    No love for Nova?
    I wouldn't seriously pull him from the rotation, but he hasn't been good, though somehow he continues to miraculously not lose.

Quote Originally Posted by JSG View Post
    OK, but let's assume they also want to win. How have Freddy and Phil been doing ?? One a likely DFA and the other likely to the pen. Another yr for Kuroda ?? How much longer will Andy pitch ?? Is Pineda back 100 0/0 in April ?? Pls do the math and get back to me !!
    I don't think I will.

Quote Originally Posted by bomber999 View Post
    Cashman really should stick to his skill set when it comes to pitching. That is, acquiring elite, prime-aged free-agent pitchers via big $$$$$$, and bringing up the less heralded farmhands and getting lucky sometimes.
    I agree. Outside of Pettitte who has been our "crown jewel" in the last 10-20 years that we developed into a 1 or 2? Maybe I am wrong but our 1-2's have been FA's.
    Speak softly but carry a big stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Because he can't be admitting the trade was a mistake. Look at this comments with Wally again.

Edit: "This is a massive decision gone wrong right now,"

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...ion-gone-wrong
    He's just stating an obvious, undeniable fact. How is that a pity party?

And how does it imply that he's come unhinged and is unable to do his job properly?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    They only pay the 40% on the amount over the luxury tax limit
    Right, but since they're already over the limit isn't every one of those dollars over the cap?

Is is still 40%, I thought it was 50% with the new CBA and if so that's still going to mean paying 30M for being 20M over the tax limit. Hardly chump change.
    I could definitely be wrong, but I thought that took place in 2014 which is part of the impetus to get under the 189mm mark.

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    He's just stating an obvious, undeniable fact. How is that a pity party?

And how does it imply that he's come unhinged and is unable to do his job properly?
    I never said he is unable to do his job properly, but he has pitching issues on the big club and in the minors that need his attention. As far as the pity party, that's my take on it and I'm sticking to it.

The Answer: The obvious candidate to take Garcia’s place is David Phelps, who faced the minimum in three scoreless innings of work and only threw 31 pitches in this game. I would have liked to see him throw a few more innings to build up that pitch count, though he did just throw 53 pitches on Wednesday. Probably have to save him for the inevitable Phil Hughes disaster on Tuesday.
    Why did I chuckle after reading this?

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    The Yanks are trying to trim the budget down to $189 and potential contract negotiations and decisions to be made on Cano, Swisher, Martin, Granderson and others. Hamels ain't happening.
    Especially true because of Cano. The other premiere 2B have been locked up long term and there's no one else hitting free agency until 2015 (unless you want to count Utley with his degenerative knee condition). Cano is due for a huge payday this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Why did I chuckle after reading this?
    Because you have perspective apparently. I sighed myself; I take rooting for this team too seriously.

Why do some of you want Girardi to throw players under the bus? Isn't it enough for you guys to ventilate when a player does not perform as he struggles to do so?

All we should expect from Girardi is to not start Garcia unless and until the problem can be corrected.

I don't blame Cashman for coming off as a crybaby reagrding his failed trade as of right now for Pineda. He knows Montero was one of the biggest, homegrown assets this team has had under his watch and he could've dealt him for more proven/established starting pitchers previously and he didn't. He knows trading for talented young starters is always risky and he got burned. And bringing back Garcia and probably expecting the same results from last season was dumb as well. Imagine if Pettitte didn't want to come back. And people thought we had too much starting pitching, like our friends the 2011 Red Sox.

Bring back Kim Ng and Kim Jones!

Devoted Member

So now we are back in that familiar position of looking for starting pitching. MLBTR speculates that Bedard might be s/one the Pirates would be willing to move.
    DFA ARod.

when the going gets tough ... JSG's Avatar

I don't think I will.
    It was rhetorical. Let's see what shakes out.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

A DRob for Haren deal might make alot of people shut up around here Cash.

Then again, Haren would probably go on the DL and everybody would bemoan the loss of DRob as unforgiveable.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    A DRob for Haren deal might make alot of people shut up around here Cash.

Then again, Haren would probably go on the DL and everybody would bemoan the loss of DRob as unforgiveable.
    I would not trade DRob for Haren.

NYYF Cy Young

I think they would be crazy trading D Rob for anyone!! And as for starting pitching, think of how the Yankees are paying the majority of AJs salary to the Pirates - and he actually would be eating up innings and at least be better than Freddy!

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM 2002 View Post
    I think they would be crazy trading D Rob for anyone!! And as for starting pitching, think of how the Yankees are paying the majority of AJs salary to the Pirates - and he actually would be eating up innings and at least be better than Freddy!
    How ironic, a Yankee fan that is second guessing the banishment of AJ. When that happens, Cashman has hit rock bottom.

NYYF Cy Young

No kidding! It does seem like every pitching decision is going wrong this year - including signing Garcia rather than Colon! At least they re-signed CC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bomber999 View Post
    I would not trade DRob for Haren.
    In D-Rob's magical fairy dust season last year, he was worth about half of what Dan Haren was in a normal year. That trade would be a coup.

NYYF Legend

the time to trade for haren was 3 years ago, when we could have had him for the bionic man

he's on the wrong side of 30 now and has a lot of mileage on that arm with steadily decreasing velocity
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    the time to trade for haren was 3 years ago, when we could have had him for the bionic man

he's on the wrong side of 30 now and has a lot of mileage on that arm with steadily decreasing velocity
    I could be wrong here, but I thought the decrease in velocity was (at least in part) due to his greater use of the cutter later in his career.

Thread Information