+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Re: The 2010 New York Jets Thread

Sanchez...Francesa
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

Leon told Michael Kay on Wednesday that he's ahead of schedule and that he should recover completely. He said that it was simply a break in his leg and there was no ankle of knee damage.

He also said he's spoken with Tanny and while you can never say so until he signs his name on a contract, both sides want to get something worked out and he's pretty sure he's coming back.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Released Outright CallOfTheCrow's Avatar

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CallOfTheCrow
    Actually they have already signed to Montreal players from last years Grey Champions........

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Jets signed Mark Carrier to be the D-Line coach.

Yeah, bizarro.

NYYF Legend

Kiper's latest Mock has them taking Devin McCourty. Berry, berry interesting.

I saw one on scout.com a month ago by Chris Steuber. He has the Jets picking Dan Williams in the 1st, Dexter McCluster in the 2nd.

I like McCluster's talent a lot but his size would really worry me at the next level.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

What's everybody think of signing TO?
    Fistpumping like a champion.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze

Change the blue stuff to a yellowish/green.

No. That man ruins teams, not the opposite. We have such a great chemistry and team spirit going right now, that the addition of this cancer would do nothing be detract. Pass x 1,000.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PinstripePride
    No. That man ruins teams, not the opposite. We have such a great chemistry and team spirit going right now, that the addition of this cancer would do nothing be detract. Pass x 1,000.
    I think that the chemistry thing is overrated. Braylon was a supposed cancer too.
    Even if it were true and it ruined the Jets' chemistry, there is always the cut thing.

Regardless, I don't think he would accept a contract from us unless it was an overpay due to the fact that we are a run oriented team with 3 other good recievers. And he is definitely not worth an overpay.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Per Cimini, Travis LaBoy is meeting with Jets officials.

I think that the chemistry thing is overrated. Braylon was a supposed cancer too.
    Even if it were true and it ruined the Jets' chemistry, there is always the cut thing.
    Give Braylon time, it could still blow up. And I think any player would be a malcontent thrown into that mess in Cleveland. But if TO wasn't an issue in the first year, he would be sooner or later. It's just a matter of time with that douche.

NYYF Legend

I don't see TO coming to such a heavy run first offense, and I'm ok with that.

Jets signed Nick Folk.

NYYF Legend

I eagerly await the FOLK HERO backpage after a GWFG next year.

Per Cimini:

Rex Ryan showed up for his scheduled session with the media today at the scouting combined and delivered a 30-minute stand-up routine. He joked about his recent wardrobe malfunction at a hockey game ("I'm working on those abs") and addressed his unfortunate middle-finger incident in Miami. We'll get to that stuff a little later. For now, let's hit the football nuts-and-bolts.

Highlights from Rex:

1. VERNON GHOLSTON: He blamed Gholston's disappointing season on himself. Well, the coaches, really. He said the coaches did a poor job of using the former No. 1 pick.

“That’s still a work in progress but I will say this: When we are going back
    and looking at our cut ups and things like that, I think this young man deserves
    a better chance than we are giving him," Ryan said. "We need to give him more playing time."

A noble gesture by Ryan, blaming himself, but let's be honest: This was just another way of talking around the truth, and the truth is that Gholston can't play. Ryan agreed that 2010 is a make-or-break year for Gholston.

2. THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES: Like GM MIke Tannenbaum the day before, Ryan offered what amounted to a eulogy for Thomas Jones, who is expected to be released.

"He is a great player, (but) there are tough decisions that our organization is going to be faced with," Ryan said. "So we have some time but clearly Thomas is an outstanding football player.”

If the Jets were thinking of keeping him, he would've said so.

3. FUTURE JETS?: Citing the tampering rules, Ryan refused to take questions on Raiders CB Nnamdi Asoughma and Patriots LB Adalius Thomas, a former Raven. There's been a lot of Nnamdi-to-the-Jets buzz, and there's speculation that Thomas, an old Ryan favorite from Baltimore, will be released. If that happens, the Jets will be on him in a New York minute. Ryan loves Thomas, who also is close with Bart Scott. If they were to sign Thomas, you have to wonder how that would impact Bryan Thomas, who is due to make $3 million in salary.

4. THE SANCHISE: Ryan talked about how Mark Sanchez's late-season improvement will impact the offensive philosophy in 2010.

"We will still have a belief in the ground-and-pound system, but we may throw the ball a little more than we did last year," he said.

5. MORE SANCHISE: Ryan said Sanchez, recovering from knee surgery, is staying mentally on top of things.

"The thing I am really proud of with Mark right now, he is sitting in with our offensive coaches going over all the cut ups and everything right now," he said. "He can’t work out with his rehabbing from his knee operation and things like that but he is in there and trying to find a way to get better. This really is his offense. He is trying to learn the defenses, the communication, whatever it is. I really think he is going to have a huge year for us this year.”

6. THE MONOLOGUE: This is how Ryan opened his session. Vintage Ryan.

“I don’t even know what to say, gosh, it’s been a while since I get to talk about my football team, brag about my football team if you will. I appreciate everybody’s interest in making sure that I was still in the papers and all those other things - the video. Hey, I am working on those abs a little bit I think (laughter).

"The problem that happened with that wardrobe… I was at the hockey game - and
    first off all I would like to say USA, let’s go take care of business, really proud of the way they are playing - but what happened, I thought I had the fighting strap attached to the t-shirt. Apparently I didn’t. Big mistake. But I appreciate everybody having such a special interest in that."

7. SEXY REXY: A little later, he talked again about his ... um eventful offseason.

"I am watching ESPN and I’m like, ‘Ooooh! That is not a real good shot,'" he said, referring to his exposed belly during a shirt change at a Carolina Hurricanes game -- prompted by Hurricane cheerleaders. "I mean, don’t get me wrong, I get hit on all the time by women. But, nah, it is kind of funny."

8. FLIPPING THE BIRD: And, finally, on his obscene gesture to an unruly fan at an MMA bout in Miami.

“I mean, I got to be, regardless of the circumstances, I made a mistake and I
    realized that," he said. "I have made a bunch of mistakes in my life. There is no question
    about it. Just add that to a big list. But I’ve got to, I have to take responsibility for my own actions and I have to make sure I am doing the right things and I am trying to do the right things and avoiding making mistakes like that. I will learn from it, there is no doubt. I am no Boy Scout and I don’t pretend to be. But I am certainly trying to mature a little bit more.”

NYYF Legend

1) Asomugha?
    2) Rex Ryan

Not surprising, but Jones is pretty much gone:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4952941

Can someone explain to me why we wouldn't trade him instead of just outright releasing him and getting nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by PinstripePride
    Not surprising, but Jones is pretty much gone:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4952941

Can someone explain to me why we wouldn't trade him instead of just outright releasing him and getting nothing?
    He was due a $3M roster bonus on March 9th. Any potential trade partner would have had to pay that as well.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

NYYF Legend

Asomugha's contract is ridiculous. He didn't want to stay in Oakland before he signed it, and to get him to stay they gave him terms that are almost unbelievable. Although I'd LOVE to see it, it would be very difficult, if not impossible, for another team to take on the contract.

Thread Information