Closed Thread
Page 1524 of 1567 FirstFirst ... 524 1024 1424 1474 1514 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1534 ... LastLast
Results 38,076 to 38,100 of 39165
    NYYF Legend

Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

Morning, LTE!

Usual stuff today, then Nick has a dentist appt later. Oh and he got a job at the local pizzeria a couple afternoons/evenings a week. He starts today after the dentist.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    You lost me after Part 1.........
    Hahahaaaa!!
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Morning LTE. Chilly run this morning.

Karen, Matt got a job yesterday too. He's going to be a CIT (counselor in training) for Renbrook School. He gets paid $500- for the summer. In addition to that he and Brendan dropped off 30 flyers to neighbors yesterday trying to drum up some addition lawn mowing jobs. And he got straight B's on his report card. Miracles do happen I guess.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post

Karen, Matt got a job yesterday too. He's going to be a CIT (counselor in training) for Renbrook School. He gets paid $500- for the summer. In addition to that he and Brendan dropped off 30 flyers to neighbors yesterday trying to drum up some addition lawn mowing jobs. And he got straight B's on his report card. Miracles do happen I guess.
    That's great! Nick has been wanting to work for some time now (since he was raking in the bucks selling Christmas trees!) but unfortunately, that was only seasonal. So, the guys at the pizza place we know well (Nick is in there buying pizza all the time) asked him if he wanted to work a few evenings and he jumped at the chance. He knows he has to start earning $$ for his car now!

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    You lost me after Part 1.........
    Der Ring des Nibelungen, Richard Wagner's epic "music drama" consisting of four operas. Tonight I have 2-1/2 hours of Das Rheingold, which is barely a warm-up. Then 5 hours of Die Walküre on Saturday (an 11 AM matinee, which pisses me off), 5-1/2 hours of Siegfried on Monday, and finally 6 hours of Götterdämmerung next Thursday. Yes, I admit, it requires a certain...peculiarity on my part to want to do that. But I'm not the only one - the place will be packed.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Der Ring des Nibelungen, Richard Wagner's epic "music drama" consisting of four operas. Tonight I have 2-1/2 hours of Das Rheingold, which is barely a warm-up. Then 5 hours of Die Walküre on Saturday (an 11 AM matinee, which pisses me off), 5-1/2 hours of Siegfried on Monday, and finally 6 hours of Götterdämmerung next Thursday. Yes, I admit, it requires a certain...peculiarity on my part to want to do that. But I'm not the only one - the place will be packed.

I'm watching hockey and swilling beer this week-end........

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    That's great! Nick has been wanting to work for some time now (since he was raking in the bucks selling Christmas trees!) but unfortunately, that was only seasonal. So, the guys at the pizza place we know well (Nick is in there buying pizza all the time) asked him if he wanted to work a few evenings and he jumped at the chance. He knows he has to start earning $$ for his car now!
    Karen, this comes to mind with our 2 sons working: "We've come along way baby!"

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Hahahaaaa!!
    Yep, Trish, it's dragons-and-fairies week again.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

Karen, this comes to mind with our 2 sons working: "We've come along way baby!"
    This is true!

Is the Ride of the Valkyries included in any of that?
    Let the kids play.

Your love for Wagner amuses me. It's a bunch of waiting around for a few moments of bliss.... and repeating the process over and over again. I don't have that kind of patience or endurance.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Morning, LTE! Lots of household stuff to get done today. It never ends!
    Bowling was not so good yesterday. First 2 games I'd rather forget (120, 100) then the last was good (157). I wasn't even throwing the ball as hard as I usually do. It was only going about 13 mph and I'm typically around 15-16.

Bub, that's a long rehearsal. How long will the concert be?
    They have radar detectors at the bowling alleys?
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

I recognize some of those words. I still don't really know what you're talking about, but I agree that you're peculiar.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

RIP, Pete.

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Somewhere down the lanes there is a speed sensor or radar gun. I'm not sure how it works, but every time you throw a ball, it shows the speed up on the screen. Everything is computerized now.
    Oh, so they do use some radar detectors. I'd thought that those were only used by the highway cops, the FAA and baseball scouts.

I'm just glad that they don't use these when I shoot pool. Some shots are fast, while others are slow.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Speaking as a former camp counselor, being a CIT is a scam. He's basically getting paid $1.50 an hour. He'd be better off mowing lawns with his bro.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    You too?

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Your love for Wagner amuses me. It's a bunch of waiting around for a few moments of bliss.... and repeating the process over and over again. I don't have that kind of patience or endurance.
    Ahh.......voice of reason.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Speaking as a former camp counselor, being a CIT is a scam. He's basically getting paid $1.50 an hour. He'd be better off mowing lawns with his bro.
    I know that but he loves this camp/private school. It's nestled on top of Avon Mountain, it's beautiful and he's gone there since he was 5. My friend's daughter works there as a couselor and once you are there a few years, well, she makes $2,500 a summer now.....so you have to put in your time I guess. I'm happy that he's "contained" all day while we are working too.

I know that but he loves this camp/private school. It's nestled on top of Avon Mountain, it's beautiful and he's gone there since he was 5. My friend's daughter works there as a couselor and once you are there a few years, well, she makes $2,500 a summer now.....so you have to put in your time I guess. I'm happy that he's "contained" all day while we are working too.
    I understand. It's more for the parents. Plus they usually let the CITs go on trips.

It will definitely keep him busy.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I understand. It's more for the parents. Plus they usually let the CITs go on trips.

It will definitely keep him busy.

The past few years he was in the "summer sports program." They went golfing each week, had the cart, lunch etc. They go to a Yanks game and Mets game and a host of other adventures. It's just a great place and he loves it there. They have this big pond near the archery shooting place with big turltes, frogs etc. It's right up his alley. He'll have his weekend off to go fishing and crabbing. Life is good for this kid.

It sure is. That's in Die Walküre (The Valkyrie). It's Wagner's #1 hit single with a bullet (or a spear)

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    There are plenty of moments of bliss, just no action. Die Walküre basically has one moment of action, though it's a damn fine moment. It also has incest between twins, but that doesn't take place on stage, thank goodness. The last 40 minutes or so consists of two characters, father and daughter, standing on stage singing to each other, without actually doing anything other than breaking each others' hearts, and their own. It may not be action-packed, but I think it's wrenchingly beautiful.

The whole thing is really a family drama, and it's the characters that hook me as much as anything else. There's a central character who is, essentially, a middle-aged man who discovers that his life - and his great, grandiose plans for it - just aren't working out the way he thought it would, and he has to face his limitations and be humbled by them. Now there's a character I can identify with.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    I agree that you're peculiar.
    I was going to use the word "crazy," except that I've been certified sane by a qualified, licensed professional.
    - Barry Manilow

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar

Hello friends. Hectic day today. Trying to see most of my today and tomorrow patients. I have a wedding to attend Friday but I'm freakin swamped at work. I might not go to the wedding if I can't get everything done in time. Plus I'm supposed to have a lunch date with a fellow Friday as well (and no, I will not take him to the wedding with me hahaha). We'll see how the day goes!

I was going to use the word "crazy," except that I've been certified sane by a qualified, licensed professional.
    I still think they should get a second opinion on that one.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

RIP, Pete.

Aren't you glad you asked?

Thread Information