Closed Thread
Page 1509 of 1567 FirstFirst ... 509 1009 1409 1459 1499 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1519 1559 ... LastLast
Results 37,701 to 37,725 of 39165
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

Went to the New Britain Rock Cats home opener. Lasted three innings until the cold became too much. 45 degrees.
    Life is good!

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Went to the New Britain Rock Cats home opener. Lasted three innings until the cold became too much. 45 degrees.
    You didn't layer up? Or is your resistance low?
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    My hearing is scheduled for May but I think the rest of her crap will remain here forever unless I get a dumpster and toss it out.
    If the fire dept doesn't mind (highly unlikely), I'd just burn the stuff.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    It's kind of like cheese doodles, but more white cheddar flavor.
    Speaking of doodles, TheDurk Jr. got suspended from the American school in São Paulo because he took a bag of green-colored styrofoam pellets to school, and fed them to his friends saying they were GreenCheese Doodles from the moon. (Pellets were something of a novelty in Brazil--imports were essentially impossible for consumers in the late-80's.) The ex- and I were summoned to school to take the kid home. Once I was sure there were no ill effects, I had a real hard time keeping a straight face to both Jr. and the Vice-Principal in charge of discipline and torture.

Just one more annoying story from the life of TheDurk. I'm gonna keep telling them.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

NYYF Legend

"The Escapades of The Durk, et all" needs to be a movie.
    .Of all the things in life I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    You didn't layer up? Or is your resistance low?
    Between the weight loss, the blood thinners I am on I feel the cold more. I had a sweater and a winter jacket on.
    Life is good!

Between the weight loss, the blood thinners I am on I feel the cold more. I had a sweater and a winter jacket on.
    Please have some hot chicken soup and/or some herbal tea. Those thingies do wonders fer keeping the body temperature up.

If you need to wear winter socks, gloves, sweatpants and/or thermals, then please do. The sales at the ski and winter shops started on March 1st, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Speaking of doodles, TheDurk Jr. got suspended from the American school in São Paulo because he took a bag of green-colored styrofoam pellets to school, and fed them to his friends saying they were GreenCheese Doodles from the moon. (Pellets were something of a novelty in Brazil--imports were essentially impossible for consumers in the late-80's.) The ex- and I were summoned to school to take the kid home. Once I was sure there were no ill effects, I had a real hard time keeping a straight face to both Jr. and the Vice-Principal in charge of discipline and torture.

Just one more annoying story from the life of TheDurk. I'm gonna keep telling them.
    Please do keep telling yer life stories, Tim. You're one interestin' dude.

NYYF Legend

Bon matin.............

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Bon matin.............
    How was St. Kitts? Last time we were there we opted for Nevis....took the ferry.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    How was St. Kitts? Last time we were there we opted for Nevis....took the ferry.
    We have friends that live here so end going to their beach..............forget the name........today it's Orient beach on the French side in St.Maartin.........last day and it's back to Jersey..........

Man, I am beat. Just finished shampooing the carpet in two rooms and then mopped and scrubbed the basement floor. If I didn't have a meeting coming up at Noon, I'd head upstairs and take a nap before the game. Guess I better hit the coffee shop beforehand for a venti triple shot cappuccino.

Go Yankees!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Toaderly View Post
    Man, I am beat. Just finished shampooing the carpet in two rooms and then mopped and scrubbed the basement floor. If I didn't have a meeting coming up at Noon, I'd head upstairs and take a nap before the game. Guess I better hit the coffee shop beforehand for a venti triple shot cappuccino.

Go Yankees!
    You got a lot accomplished! That's great!

Earlier this week, when Nick was away with his friend for a few days, I had the house so nice and neat. It was a pleasure walking into the kitchen or family room and not seeing a mess everywhere. Or pulling in the driveway and not seeing bikes and RC car things/ramps all over the driveway and lawn.
    Now that he's been home for a few days, everything is a mess again.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

Btw, yesterday was Nicky's 16th birthday. Of course he was anxious to go get his learner's permit. I asked if he studied the book and he said a little, online. Of course, he was a little too cocky and he didn't pass the test.

All afternoon yesterday and all last night, he studied and took the practice tests over and over. Today we went back to DMV and he got 100.

I offered to let him drive home after we stopped to get something to eat. To my surprise, he said he won't drive with me. Shannen told him I was a nervous wreck when she first got her permit. So he's only going to drive with my hubby. Oh well. He's missing out on lots of driving time.

Happy Friday everyone. I'm going to MSG tonight to see Bruce Springsteen.
    Life is good!

Btw, yesterday was Nicky's 16th birthday. Of course he was anxious to go get his learner's permit. I asked if he studied the book and he said a little, online. Of course, he was a little too cocky and he didn't pass the test.

All afternoon yesterday and all last night, he studied and took the practice tests over and over. Today we went back to DMV and he got 100.

I offered to let him drive home after we stopped to get something to eat. To my surprise, he said he won't drive with me. Shannen told him I was a nervous wreck when she first got her permit. So he's only going to drive with my hubby. Oh well. He's missing out on lots of driving time.
    Congrats to him! You must be nervous.

Happy Friday everyone. I'm going to MSG tonight to see Bruce Springsteen.
    Have fun!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Congrats to him! You must be nervous.

Have fun!
    Thanks, Jenn. Yes, I'm nervous. Shannen has been driving for 4 years and I'm very confident in her driving skills, but I still worry. It never ends.

NYYF Legend

Bon matin.........

NYYF Legend

Morning, LTE!

Happy Birthday, Jakey!

NYYF Legend

Today is one week smoke free.

The first 4 or so days were cold turkey. The last 2 were with the use of the ecig (using 0 nicotine). I haven't even had a desire for a real cigarette. I definitely feel a lot better. I am not coughing like I heard is common, though. But my lungs are clearer. No more wheezing or using my inhaler at nights.

The first 4 or so days were cold turkey. The last 2 were with the use of the ecig (using 0 nicotine). I haven't even had a desire for a real cigarette. I definitely feel a lot better. I am not coughing like I heard is common, though. But my lungs are clearer. No more wheezing or using my inhaler at nights.
    Good work, Karen. Even if you were smoking a half pack a day, that would be an extra $1,500 after-tax cash in your pocket in a year. Lots you can do with that extra money.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Good work, Karen. Even if you were smoking a half pack a day, that would be an extra $1,500 after-tax cash in your pocket in a year. Lots you can do with that extra money.
    Thanks, Bub. Yeah, between me and hubby, we were spending a fortune in cigs every day. He hasn't smoked either since I stopped. I didn't think he would want to try, but he's been doing good too. He can keep a unlit cig in his mouth without lighting it. That helps him.

I told him he really needs to put the money in a jar every day.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Wow, that's great Karen!

Karen, please take a deep breath of fresh air and smile. You deserve it.

Happy Easter everyone! I am right now on a NY City subway (the 7) on my way to Citifield.
    Life is good!

Thread Information