Closed Thread
Page 990 of 1567 FirstFirst ... 490 890 940 980 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 1000 1040 1090 1490 ... LastLast
Results 24,726 to 24,750 of 39165
    NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Toaderly View Post
    Funny thing about Maggie Mae's B-day, at least to me and my wife.

When we adopted her, which was mid to late Sept. of 2002, only maybe two months after Heather and I were married, they said MM was approximately 18 months old. They also said she had been in there twice before and was on her third strike, as far as Animal Rescue Leagues go, and was sentenced to be euthinized within a week. They had four sets of cages, from newest to oldest, in terms of how long the dogs had been there, and Maggie was in the back section on the third stage.

That's where I found her. Laying on the floor, beautiful as a spring sun, and as peaceful as fawn.

To think that three previous "families" gave her up has always blown me away. There isn't a mean bone or tissue on that dogs body.

But, now shes ours. And we love her beyond any simple words description. Simply put, she owns my heart. One little look from her and this mean old raggedy bastard just melts.

So, since I won't have time to do this tomorrow, please raise a glass and join me in a toast to my sweet Maggie Mae. She turns 10 today, on St. Patrick's Day. She is my world and I love her dearly. And I thank each and every one of you for putting up with my sad songs for these many past months as we dealt with her cancer. You're all the best, I only wish I could thank you each in person.
    Aww...you're such a sap Shirl. I will def toast to MM tonight. Happy Birthday and Happy St. Pat's Day to one lucky dog!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Aaahh, thanks. I bought a four pack of bulbs at Home Depot for 97 cents (I couldn't resist four bulbs for under a buck) that were 5,000K and I HATE them. I didn't realize there was a difference in color range until after I bought them - live and learn.

So now I got these bulbs I'm not going to use and I can't throw out in the trash because of mercury issues. How do I get rid of them?

That's what you get for being a cheapskate.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    Morning, LTE!

Happy Birthday to Maggie Mae. I can't believe that story, Todd. How sad that she was given up more than once before you found here. But it must have been meant to be that you found her!

Am I the only one who didn't know you're not supposed to throw away dead light bulbs?
    Nope. I never gave it a thought. I throw them in the trash bin as soon as they are dead. Who knew....leave it to the LTE to be the forefront of breaking educational news.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Nope. I never gave it a thought. I throw them in the trash bin as soon as they are dead. Who knew....leave it to the LTE to be the forefront of breaking educational news.
    Apparently, it's only the CFLs you have to worry about. I thought I had been doing something wrong all these years!
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

Morning and Happy St Patty's Day, LTE!

Gonna make my corned beef and cabbage later. It's a 3 lb brisket, so I guess I need to cook it about 3 hours. I wanted to use the pressure cooker, but it's just not big enough for all the meat and veggies. It would have cut the cooking by a third.

I'm also planning on making an Irish Soda Bread too.

NYYF Legend

Erin go bragh!

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

NYYF Legend

It refuses to melt!
    Attached Images

It refuses to melt!
    I just saw the first piece of grass yesterday, underneath a large tree on the sunny side of the house. I'll have snow piles for a miminum of 3 more weeks. There's still 2 to 3 feet in most places and a lot more where it's been plowed.
    Let the kids play.

Devoted Member

Morning and Happy St Patty's Day, LTE!

Gonna make my corned beef and cabbage later. It's a 3 lb brisket, so I guess I need to cook it about 3 hours. I wanted to use the pressure cooker, but it's just not big enough for all the meat and veggies. It would have cut the cooking by a third.

I'm also planning on making an Irish Soda Bread too.
    Very nice! I will be making the same in the crock pot tomorrow. My mother makes it every year, but this will be my first time making it since I moved to CT a few years back.

I'm also planning on making the soda bread tonight. Do you have a good recipe?

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

I am part Irish and hate corned beef and cabbage. I hate corned beef or cabbage separately.
    Life is good!

NYYF Legend

Oh yeah, and happy birthday to my BILtoday.....appropriately named, "Patrick."

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I am part Irish and hate corned beef and cabbage. I hate corned beef or cabbage separately.
    What about homemade corned beef hash? I use Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into slices and fried crisp along with a couple of cans of Hormel Corned Beef. Top with a slice of melted American Cheese and ketchup, and serve with bread and butter.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    What about homemade corned beef hash? I use Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into slices and fried crisp along with a couple of cans of Hormel Corned Beef. Top with a slice of melted American Cheese and ketchup, and serve with bread and butter.
    I'll eat the bread and butter.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

I vacuumed and washed the cars today - while wearing shorts. What a gorgeous late winter day.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

My mom makes corned beef hash on occasion. We never had it with cheese, though, just ketchup. The rest is as you described, but we didn't have it with bread and butter, either.

Toad - Happy birthday to the lovely Maggie Mae!
    "I usually try to plan my bowel movements before I shower."
    -- fredgmuggs

NYYF Legend

omg, no offense but you couldn't pay me to eat that.

omg, no offense but you couldn't pay me to eat that.
    I'd have to be extremely hungry. Like I haven't eaten in 4 days hungry.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rpbri2886 View Post
    Very nice! I will be making the same in the crock pot tomorrow. My mother makes it every year, but this will be my first time making it since I moved to CT a few years back.

I'm also planning on making the soda bread tonight. Do you have a good recipe?
    This is the recipe I use. It's so good, and pretty easy to make.
    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...Raisins-231580

I love corned beef hash. I haven't put cheese on it, but I love it with fried eggs on top, and ketchup! My kids won't touch it. They say it looks like dog food.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I vacuumed and washed the cars today - while wearing shorts. What a gorgeous late winter day.
    It's gorgeous out! I drove with the windows and the sunroof wide open today! Thermometer in the truck said it was 66 degrees.

NYYF Legend

This is the recipe I use. It's so good, and pretty easy to make.
    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...Raisins-231580

I love corned beef hash. I haven't put cheese on it, but I love it with fried eggs on top, and ketchup! My kids won't touch it. They say it looks like dog food.

It's gorgeous out! I drove with the windows and the sunroof wide open today! Thermometer in the truck said it was 66 degrees.
    I say that too. yuk. I don't like any of those ingreds

NYYF Legend

I say that too. yuk. I don't like any of those ingreds
    It's basically just beef and potatoes. 2 of your favorite things.

NYYF Legend

It's basically just beef and potatoes. 2 of your favorite things.
    I do like bee though.

Did yo wash your car today Karen? I was wondering if you did. I should have washed mine because I went through a dirt puddle and it made it a mess.

I love corned beef, but I hate corned beef hash.

It's too fatty.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

I do like bee though.

Did yo wash your car today Karen? I was wondering if you did. I should have washed mine because I went through a dirt puddle and it made it a mess.
    I'm afraid of bees.

No, I didn't wash my car today. I didn't realize it was going to be so warm. Tomorrow is supposed to be close to 70, unless the forecast changes, so maybe I will tomorrow. I washed it Saturday and only drove it once, so it's not that dirty, but the interior could use a vacuuming and wipe down. The bad thing about light colored leather seats...they get stained from blue jeans.

NYYF Legend

I'm afraid of bees.

No, I didn't wash my car today. I didn't realize it was going to be so warm. Tomorrow is supposed to be close to 70, unless the forecast changes, so maybe I will tomorrow. I washed it Saturday and only drove it once, so it's not that dirty, but the interior could use a vacuuming and wipe down. The bad thing about light colored leather seats...they get stained from blue jeans.
    I meant beef.

My car really needs a good vacuum and washing....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    It's strange that the metal halide bulbs I use on my tank are 10,000K and they look bright white. The 6500K's look too white-- like burn your retinas white. The 14,000K's have a bluish hue.

Must have something to do with the intensity.
    It's the Kelvin temp. The higher you go, the closer you get to the blue end of the spectrum. What wattage of MH lamps are you using?

Thread Information