Closed Thread
Page 534 of 1567 FirstFirst ... 34 434 484 524 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 544 584 634 1034 1534 ... LastLast
Results 13,326 to 13,350 of 39165

Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

Morning folks.....got the dreaded 2:00AM call notifying us that my cousin passed away last nite. He was a health freak/marathon runner............All of 57 years old..........just goes to show you.......

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer
    Morning folks.....got the dreaded 2:00AM call notifying us that my cousin passed away last nite. He was a health freak/marathon runner............All of 57 years old..........just goes to show you.......
    Awww, I'm sorry to hear that.

I always wondered though...why do people call in the middle of the night with news like that? It's not like there's anything you can do other than spend the rest of the night awake and upset.
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Sorry to hear that Jakey.

I agree Trish. Why not wait till morning? I supposed he was up all night thinking about it and what good did that do?

NYYF Legend

Morning LTE friends. I love my new electric tea kettle/water boiler or whatever it's called. It's sooo much faster than the old tea kettle i used to use on the stove. Hey, it's the little things in life ya know?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Morning LTE friends. I love my new electric tea kettle/water boiler or whatever it's called. It's sooo much faster than the old tea kettle i used to use on the stove. Hey, it's the little things in life ya know?
    You have a new appliance???? I feel faint....
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Quote Originally Posted by Trish
    Awww, I'm sorry to hear that.

I always wondered though...why do people call in the middle of the night with news like that? It's not like there's anything you can do other than spend the rest of the night awake and upset.
    I agree...........he was a real prick and ruined a good night`s sleep........

NYYF Legend

I agree...........he was a real prick and ruined a good night`s sleep........

That's not what I meant, Jakey. I mean, of course I can see doing so if it's your parent, or your god-forbid your child or something.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Legend

You have a new appliance???? I feel faint....
    It took me months to decide on it.

NYYF Legend

Morning, LTE!

Jakey, so sorry to hear about your cousin.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

I use my Keurig machine when I want to make tea now. It's so easy. Just put the tea bag in the cup and push the brew button. In seconds, the hot water is in the cup.
    Before that, I used the microwave to make tea. I haven't used a tea kettle in years. Just another thing to clutter up the counter/stove.

It took me months to decide on it.
    No doubt............Wifey spends at least a half hour in the cat food section trying to make a decision........

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by krystl
    I use my Keurig machine when I want to make tea now. It's so easy. Just put the tea bag in the cup and push the brew button. In seconds, the hot water is in the cup.
    Before that, I used the microwave to make tea. I haven't used a tea kettle in years. Just another thing to clutter up the counter/stove.
    I find the water just isn't as hot as it is when it's boiled in a kettle, but that's just me. I see a difference.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Legend

I find the water just isn't as hot as it is when it's boiled in a kettle, but that's just me. I see a difference.
    Well, I don't like it so hot that it scalds my tongue, but I find 2 minutes in the microwave is more than enough to steep the tea to a nice flavor and still be hot enough that I can't take a sip right away.

NYYF Legend

Muggs around today?

NYYF Legend

Well, I don't like it so hot that it scalds my tongue, but I find 2 minutes in the microwave is more than enough to steep the tea to a nice flavor and still be hot enough that I can't take a sip right away.
    I let it cool before I drink it in any case, but there's just something about the taste when it's not boiled in a kettle. Just one of those weird little Trish-isms, I guess.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Legend

Muggs around today?
    He's probably doing his Forrest Gump thing.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Legend

I let it cool before I drink it in any case, but there's just something about the taste when it's not boiled in a kettle. Just one of those weird little Trish-isms, I guess.
    Nah, I know what you mean. I just can't reheat coffee, even though so many people do. It just doesn't taste the same.

NYYF Legend

Nah, I know what you mean. I just can't reheat coffee, even though so many people do. It just doesn't taste the same.
    Ugh, never ever ever can I reheat coffee. In the hot weather months I keep the leftover coffee in a pitcher and make iced coffee with it, but that's the extent of my re-using coffee. I'll either make more, or I won't have it at all.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Legend

Ugh, never ever ever can I reheat coffee. In the hot weather months I keep the leftover coffee in a pitcher and make iced coffee with it, but that's the extent of my re-using coffee. I'll either make more, or I won't have it at all.
    I like the iced coffee idea. Before I had the Keurig, I just would brew a hot cup or pot and then pour it over ice.
    Now, I put the K-cup in and brew over ice right at the machine.

I prefer hot water from a kettle on the stove for tea too. I used to have a hot pot when I was in college though, and I guess it was OK for ramen noodles and their ilk.

My cousin had one of those Keurig thingies at his house over the weekend. My Mom thought it made the coffee too strong, but then I noticed that the coffee pods he had were called "ridiculously strong coffee" or similar. Oddly enough I've seen some news stories lately and NPR had a story this AM about how the K cups are not the greenest things in the world. I never realized the pods were not made of biodegradeable materials?

Jake, sorry to hear about your cousin.

And I, too, am one to stand in the grocery/pet store aisles pondering everything. The bf can't stand it....

NYYF Legend

That's one of the things I like about the Keurig, Danielle. Everyone can have their favorite type of coffee. My hubby loves really strong coffee and I like it strong, but not quite how he likes it. I also have the reusable K-Cup thing that I can use my own coffee in, because those cups get expensive.

As for not being "green", I read that Keurig is working on ways to make the cups more environmentally friendly, but that's where the My K-Cup reusable thing comes in if people are really concerned.

NYYF Legend

I like the iced coffee idea. Before I had the Keurig, I just would brew a hot cup or pot and then pour it over ice.
    Now, I put the K-cup in and brew over ice right at the machine.
    I like that it's not hot and doesn't melt the ice. It gets really cold and nice.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Legend

That's one of the things I like about the Keurig, Danielle. Everyone can have their favorite type of coffee. My hubby loves really strong coffee and I like it strong, but not quite how he likes it. I also have the reusable K-Cup thing that I can use my own coffee in, because those cups get expensive.

As for not being "green", I read that Keurig is working on ways to make the cups more environmentally friendly, but that's where the My K-Cup reusable thing comes in if people are really concerned.
    I would love to have one of those Keurig coffee makers, but my husband brews a pot in the morning and puts it in a thermos. I could have one of each I guess, but that seems sort of silly to me, to have two coffee makers on the counter.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Oh yes Now that you mention it I think the NY Times story I read a few weeks ago said something about the reusable cups for the Keurig.

I'm still semi-satisfied with my Krups. I've been using my coffee grounds to fertilize my tomato and other plants.

NYYF Legend

I would love to have one of those Keurig coffee makers, but my husband brews a pot in the morning and puts it in a thermos. I could have one of each I guess, but that seems sort of silly to me, to have two coffee makers on the counter.
    Yeah, and the Keurig isn't small. They have a mini one, that's not as huge, but you have to pour the cup of water in for each cup. There's no reservoir like the big ones have. And if you have to do that, you might as well have a regular one cup drip machine. I used to love my little Black and Decker one cupper. That wasn't too big and when I was home during the day, I could just make one cup for myself.

Thread Information