Closed Thread
Page 519 of 1567 FirstFirst ... 19 419 469 509 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 529 569 619 1019 1519 ... LastLast
Results 12,951 to 12,975 of 39165

Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

You know how they say you never know what a day will bring?

So................ I'm eating a piece of chicken last evening and it gets stuck in my throat. After the initial panic of thinking my airway is blocked and I'm about ready to keel over die I realize I can still breath... but I still have a hunk of chicken stuck in my throat. I'll spare you details but I can tell you it wasn't pleasant.

After about two hours I decide it isn't going to go down by itself and I better go to the ER. Well, the ER was interesting as always but once I finally walked through the magic doors from the waiting room everyone was very nice.

Initially they gave me an an IV with some med that would hopefully relax my esophagus but no luck with that. Enter the G.I. doctor (I should say the G.I. team because he brought along his own nurses.All very nice by the way. I had a nice discussion with one about restasis eye drops and if they really work after she heard I was taking them because she just started taking them herself). They knocked me out and sent their little camera down my throat and found the blockage and got rid of it.

They wouldn't let me drive by myself home because I was under the influence... but that seemed like an overreaction, I felt fine after about 20 minutes. Liability problems I suppose. Around 2AM they finally let me go home.

I have to go back for a follow up appointment because the doctor says I have narrowing in my esophagus. He didn't really discuss the fix with me last night and frankly I probably don't want to know.

Oh well, it's always something. (My room was across from the doctor's station and I could hear them making their reports. One lady had a miscarriage, a little girl had signs of sexual abuse, an elderly lady died - so I guess in the big picture I have no kick)
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs

So................ I'm eating a piece of chicken last evening and it gets stuck in my throat. After the initial panic of thinking my airway is blocked and I'm about ready to keel over die I realize I can still breath... but I still have a hunk of chicken stuck in my throat. I'll spare you details but I can tell you it wasn't pleasant.

After about two hours I decide it isn't going to go down by itself and I better go to the ER. Well, the ER was interesting as always but once I finally walked through the magic doors from the waiting room everyone was very nice.

Initially they gave me an an IV with some med that would hopefully relax my esophagus but no luck with that. Enter the G.I. doctor (I should say the G.I. team because he brought along his own nurses.All very nice by the way. I had a nice discussion with one about restasis eye drops and if they really work after she heard I was taking them because she just started taking them herself). They knocked me out and sent their little camera down my throat and found the blockage and got rid of it.

They wouldn't let me drive by myself home because I was under the influence... but that seemed like an overreaction, I felt fine after about 20 minutes. Liability problems I suppose. Around 2AM they finally let me go home.

I have to go back for a follow up appointment because the doctor says I have narrowing in my esophagus. He didn't really discuss the fix with me last night and frankly I probably don't want to know.

Oh well, it's always something. (My room was across from the doctor's station and I could hear them making their reports. One lady had a miscarriage, a little girl had signs of sexual abuse, an elderly lady died - so I guess in the big picture I have no kick)
    Wow..... Glad you are ok Muggs. That is so scary.

And piss me off about the little girl with signs of sexual abuse.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Ugh, I would imagine so. Is the rug ruined?
    No, my husband rented a heavy duty carpet cleaner from Home Depot. The rug needed to be cleaned anyway
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Legend

You need someone to watch out for you at all times.

I'm glad you're OK.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Released Outright

Would people mind kindly telling me if propogation occurred safely? You'll know what I mean if you know what I mean.

NYYF Legend

I guess I'm not in the know.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Quote Originally Posted by Trish
    You need someone to watch out for you at all times.

I'm glad you're OK.
    That very same thought crossed my mind yesterday as I was kneeling in front of the toilet thinking I was about to die. I was wondering how long it would be until the dog started eating my corpse. I figured a day or two tops.

I need one of those "I've fallen and I can't get up" buttons for around my neck.

At least I can laugh about it today.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

That very same thought crossed my mind yesterday as I was kneeling in front of the toilet thinking I was about to die. I was wondering how long it would be until the dog started eating my corpse. I figured a day or two tops.

I need one of those "I've fallen and I can't get up" buttons for around my neck.

Or, at least you need someone to cut your food for you.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBaumer
    Would people mind kindly telling me if propogation occurred safely? You'll know what I mean if you know what I mean.
    It seems to be fine, as far as I can tell.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Released Outright

I guess I'm not in the know.
    I did what you asked me to do a few weeks ago.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3
    It seems to be fine, as far as I can tell.
    Oh, he means the PSB?
    Yeah it's up and running. I guess we need up re-upload avatars and such?
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Legend

I did what you asked me to do a few weeks ago.
    Oy, stop talking in riddles

I asked you to do something?
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Thank God you were able to go to the hosptial. When is your wife back from traveling?

Have a good day Muggs.

Hey muggs, I'm sorry you went through that. Did the doctors mention/refer to a schatzki ring at all? I used to experience the same feeling you did a LOT--when I ate meat and/or rice. My BIL has the schatzki ring too. It's a terrible feeling made worse by a panicky tendency like I have. I also had terrible heartburn that would not go away so I finally went to the dr and have been taking prevacid ever since. It has helped me. Hopefully the pros can sort it out for you.

I'm glad you're fine, muggs, and that it wasn't more serious. Next time, chew first, then swallow, OK?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Oh, he means the PSB?
    Yeah it's up and running. I guess we need up re-upload avatars and such?
    It also says we're all 40 years old. Woo-hoo!
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle
    Hey muggs, I'm sorry you went through that. Did the doctors mention/refer to a schatzki ring at all? I used to experience the same feeling you did a LOT--when I ate meat and/or rice. My BIL has the schatzki ring too. It's a terrible feeling made worse by a panicky tendency like I have. I also had terrible heartburn that would not go away so I finally went to the dr and have been taking prevacid ever since. It has helped me. Hopefully the pros can sort it out for you.
    I recall him saying something about a ring but I was pretty groggy during that discussion. I heard something about putting a balloon down my throat to stretch my esophagus but I kinda let that one go in one ear and out the other.

Yeah, I've been having problems for awhile but this is the first time I ever had something that bad. The G.I. guy told me it was pretty common and I guess I'll find out more info when I have my follow up appointment and when I'm more coherent.

They gave me a script to a generic antacid. It's funny how quickly you can get a prescription filled at 2 in the morning at CVS.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3
    It also says we're all 40 years old. Woo-hoo!
    I wish. I still had my bod then.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Morning LTE! I'm ill this morning but I came to work anyway. Yay whee.

Muggsy - that is some scary stuff! Hope they help you out soon! Do you have friends in the neighborhood at all?

My comp at work is a little messed up, so I'm on my phone so I don't know about the PSB. I wouldn't mind 40 again either, though!

To be sane is more dramatic than to be mad - GK Chesterton, Orthodoxy

NYYF Legend

Morning, LTE!

Man, muggs! How scary that must have been! Thankfully you were able to get to the hospital.

Vick, that sucks about the in-law's dog. They should have the carpets cleaned at their expense, not you. But I guess if that's the only way it'll get done, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Goin to run some errands in a bit, then continue tending to the mountain of laundry. I was wondering where all the towels were. I must have found about 10 in Shannen's hamper, and about 5 in Nicky's.
    Nothing much going on today, otherwise.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by krystl
    Morning, LTE!

Man, muggs! How scary that must have been! Thankfully you were able to get to the hospital.

Vick, that sucks about the in-law's dog. They should have the carpets cleaned at their expense, not you. But I guess if that's the only way it'll get done, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Goin to run some errands in a bit, then continue tending to the mountain of laundry. I was wondering where all the towels were. I must have found about 10 in Shannen's hamper, and about 5 in Nicky's.
    Nothing much going on today, otherwise.
    That's always the story here too...all the towels are in the girls rooms.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Released Outright

No, I'm doing it manually Trish, don't worry.

NYYF Legend

I think today would be a good manicure/pedicure day. I should do that.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

No, I'm doing it manually Trish, don't worry.
    Manually huh? Well, sometimes you gotta do, what you gotta do.

Released Outright

Come see what i'm talking about. You'll like it.

Thread Information