Closed Thread
Page 428 of 1567 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 438 478 528 928 1428 ... LastLast
Results 10,676 to 10,700 of 39165
  1. #10676
    NYYF Legend

    Trish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    ugh, i hated, hated, hated Trig. It's evil

    and yeah, i was pissed.
    She's moved on to IHOP.

    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

  2. #10677
    Your 2014 NY Yankees JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Guam

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    October 8, 2009 - Was called into work on a day I requested off. Company Meeting announcing that the company would be ceasing operations.

    December 15, 2009 - Was offered a job with a company that was taking over a portion of the business that was going under. Accepted to start 1/1/10.

    December 31, 2009 - Last day at original company.

    January 1, 2010 - First official day at new company.

    January 20, 2010 - Received word that my company rescinded the deal with my former company and I was terminated effective immediately. (Then they asked me to work the next day to get everyone's pay entered.)

    June 15, 2010 - Was offered a position as a Payroll Analyst with a large retail organization. Accepted. Start work 6/28/10.

    Whew.
    Pardon, for us.

  3. #10678
    All decked out... allybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Home is where the heart is

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Trish
    I'd have been furious with my husband (as I'm sure you were).

    Oy...Mel just texted me. She's done with her Trigonometry Regents, and she's certain she failed it GREAT!! Actually, we didn't really have much hope that she'd pass it. It's supposedly a very hard test.
    Yikes - Trigonometry. We shall see, though - I'll keep fingers crossed for her.

    To be sane is more dramatic than to be mad - GK Chesterton, Orthodoxy

  4. #10679
    All decked out... allybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Home is where the heart is

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    October 8, 2009 - Was called into work on a day I requested off. Company Meeting announcing that the company would be ceasing operations.

    December 15, 2009 - Was offered a job with a company that was taking over a portion of the business that was going under. Accepted to start 1/1/10.

    December 31, 2009 - Last day at original company.

    January 1, 2010 - First official day at new company.

    January 20, 2010 - Received word that my company rescinded the deal with my former company and I was terminated effective immediately. (Then they asked me to work the next day to get everyone's pay entered.)

    June 15, 2010 - Was offered a position as a Payroll Analyst with a large retail organization. Accepted. Start work 6/28/10.

    Whew.
    Congratulations!!!!! Because it's you, I will refrain from using the cheer, smile, grin and beer gulping smilies, but I'm feeling them inside. That is wonderful news - I wish you much success at your new job!

    To be sane is more dramatic than to be mad - GK Chesterton, Orthodoxy

  5. #10680
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    June 15, 2010 - Was offered a position as a Payroll Analyst with a large retail organization. Accepted. Start work 6/28/10.

    Whew.
    Fantastic news, John. Congratulations.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  6. #10681
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Yay John! What a relief, isn't it? I'm happy for you.

    killing me not to use smilie face

  7. #10682
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Dr. John, what's happening with your situation??

  8. #10683

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Vicki! Did you get my PM from last night??

    I'm off for grad school advising and registration!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

  9. #10684

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    October 8, 2009 - Was called into work on a day I requested off. Company Meeting announcing that the company would be ceasing operations.

    December 15, 2009 - Was offered a job with a company that was taking over a portion of the business that was going under. Accepted to start 1/1/10.

    December 31, 2009 - Last day at original company.

    January 1, 2010 - First official day at new company.

    January 20, 2010 - Received word that my company rescinded the deal with my former company and I was terminated effective immediately. (Then they asked me to work the next day to get everyone's pay entered.)

    June 15, 2010 - Was offered a position as a Payroll Analyst with a large retail organization. Accepted. Start work 6/28/10.

    Whew.
    Great news! Congrats!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

  10. #10685
    Your 2014 NY Yankees JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Guam

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Yay John! What a relief, isn't it? I'm happy for you.

    killing me not to use smilie face

    Thanks all...


    and yes it's quite a relief. Just waiting to hear about the job was killing me. Couldn't sleep. Had trouble keeping food down.

    I got to the point that I just wanted to hear either way.

    Luckily, it went the right way.
    Pardon, for us.

  11. #10686

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    October 8, 2009 - Was called into work on a day I requested off. Company Meeting announcing that the company would be ceasing operations.

    December 15, 2009 - Was offered a job with a company that was taking over a portion of the business that was going under. Accepted to start 1/1/10.

    December 31, 2009 - Last day at original company.

    January 1, 2010 - First official day at new company.

    January 20, 2010 - Received word that my company rescinded the deal with my former company and I was terminated effective immediately. (Then they asked me to work the next day to get everyone's pay entered.)

    June 15, 2010 - Was offered a position as a Payroll Analyst with a large retail organization. Accepted. Start work 6/28/10.

    Whew.
    Great news!

  12. #10687
    Your 2014 NY Yankees JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Guam

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle
    Great news!
    I hope the facilities manager at this place is a thorough as the chap at your place.
    Pardon, for us.

  13. #10688
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980
    Vicki! Did you get my PM from last night??

    I'm off for grad school advising and registration!
    Yes, sorry. I have a few to answer. I'll try to get to it later. I have a meeting right now.

  14. #10689
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    Thanks all...


    and yes it's quite a relief. Just waiting to hear about the job was killing me. Couldn't sleep. Had trouble keeping food down.

    I got to the point that I just wanted to hear either way.

    Luckily, it went the right way.
    I know what you mean. That waiting process is brutal, esp if you really want the job.

  15. #10690

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    I hope the facilities manager at this place is a thorough as the chap at your place.
    These guys here should start a Facilities Manager school...I'm not even kidding.

  16. #10691
    Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rising from the Ashes

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Congrats John!
    My Native American name is RunsWithCrashCart.

  17. #10692
    WHO THE F CHANGED MY CUT? johnnyyankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dix Hills, N.Y.

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Hi everyone.
    I'm just a simple guy, I live from day to day.
    A ray of sunshine melts my frown, blows my blues away.

  18. #10693
    Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rising from the Ashes

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyankee
    Hi everyone.
    Johnny!!!! Long time no "see". How ya doing?
    My Native American name is RunsWithCrashCart.

  19. #10694

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyankee
    Hi everyone.
    Who are you again?

    Oh, and how is your foot?

  20. #10695
    WHO THE F CHANGED MY CUT? johnnyyankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dix Hills, N.Y.

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Johnny!!!! Long time no "see". How ya doing?
    Good thanks. Been pretty busy. How are you? School over?
    I'm just a simple guy, I live from day to day.
    A ray of sunshine melts my frown, blows my blues away.

  21. #10696
    Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rising from the Ashes

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyankee
    Good thanks. Been pretty busy. How are you? School over?
    Yup school is over til August. Went on a small vacation to california right after- was very nice. Im doing alright. Back to work and such. Hows the foot?
    My Native American name is RunsWithCrashCart.

  22. #10697
    WHO THE F CHANGED MY CUT? johnnyyankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dix Hills, N.Y.

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Yup school is over til August. Went on a small vacation to california right after- was very nice. Im doing alright. Back to work and such. Hows the foot?
    The wart is gone. I keep putting off the surgery for the cyst because I have so much going on. Now I'm scheduled for June 25. What part of CA did you go to?
    I'm just a simple guy, I live from day to day.
    A ray of sunshine melts my frown, blows my blues away.

  23. #10698
    Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rising from the Ashes

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyankee
    The wart is gone. I keep putting off the surgery for the cyst because I have so much going on. Now I'm scheduled for June 25. What part of CA did you go to?
    Stop putting it off before the cyst gets bigger and hurts like hell even more! lol

    I was in Irvine and Malibu. Did day trips around as well.
    My Native American name is RunsWithCrashCart.

  24. #10699
    WHO THE F CHANGED MY CUT? johnnyyankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dix Hills, N.Y.

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Stop putting it off before the cyst gets bigger and hurts like hell even more! lol

    I was in Irvine and Malibu. Did day trips around as well.
    Malibu?? I wish I'd known. I would have let you use my beach house.
    I'm just a simple guy, I live from day to day.
    A ray of sunshine melts my frown, blows my blues away.

  25. #10700
    Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rising from the Ashes

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyankee
    Malibu?? I wish I'd known. I would have let you use my beach house.
    LOL seriously?

    My cousin and her hub own a home in Malibu that they rent out. I can(and did while I was there) literally walk to the beach from it.
    Last edited by yankeeschic12324; 06-15-10 at 08:07 PM.
    My Native American name is RunsWithCrashCart.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts