Closed Thread
Page 414 of 1567 FirstFirst ... 314 364 404 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 424 464 514 914 1414 ... LastLast
Results 10,326 to 10,350 of 39165

Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Nah I got back early this morning (130am bleh)
    Bleh is right. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by allybear
    Hi Johnny! Nice car article - maybe I'll think about the Terrain - I really want an Equinox, but I guess it's more $. We'll see - if JP gets this new job that he's kind of looking for (fingers and toes crossed), maybe I'll be able to replace the PT Cruiser.

Hi Trish!
    The Terrain is nice. My son wants one, test drove a couple. The timing isn't quite right for buying now though. They are selling really well and it's tough to find one at this time.
    Pardon, for us.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle
    Morning all!

Happy 30th Anniversary to the Muggses! I recommend the Olive Garden for din din. Not really but whatever you do have a great time!

Happy 29th Birthday, Vicki!

That's so mean about your son's coach. Grrr.

I never provided a post firedrill report yesterday, did I? Sorry Johnny. The best part was the facilities guy yelling with a bullhorn that we could go back into the building. Sad. That and one of my colleagues and I tried to figure out who some people were--bunch of guys wearing dad jeans and white sneakers or Bermuda shorts and sneakers. We have this new datacenter group who are mostly hires from other companies. At least we now have some age diversity!

My parents recently bought a Terrain and so far they like it.

I am dragging the bf to the Christmas Tree Shop as soon as I have my coffee, water my tomatoes, and take a shower. Excitement.
    Thank you Danielle. I wish......

LOL @ the FG yelling with a bullhorn. What do these guys look like? I'd like to see.

NYYF Legend

Morning kids. Anyone want a dog? JP went fishing this morning, so Bucky decided he wanted me out of bed at 5:30. I spent an hour yelling at him every 10 minutes and finally gave up.

Oh well - at least it's not going to be a terribly busy day, so I will be napping later!

Have a good one!
    I would have killed my dog if she woke me up at 5:30. In all seriousness Ally, do you think he should take some kind of chill pill? Is he really hyper or just getting up at 5:30 and barking cuz he needs to get out? Either way, sorry that happened.....if you're like me, once you're up, that's it.....I rarely go back to bed after being woken up like that.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyankee
    Some coaches and parents have lost sight of what little league (in all sports) are all about. It's about sportsmanship, building character, team work, friendships, common goals and most of all, having fun. Too many parents/coaches have a "win at all cost" attitude. They argue in front of kids, disregard the kid's feelings and emphasize misguided importance on things that shouldn't matter. Some kids really feel the pressure and that's not what it's about. I understand that many kids do want to be competitive and they do want to win. But, it's not the most important thing.

You know my daughter played softball. During the regular season, what they called intramural leagues, playing time was made as equitable as possible. Kids were not replaced in "key spots" for the sake of winning. Think of what that does to a kid's self esteem. They really did their best to treat everyone equally. However, for the tournament teams they held a meeting for the parents before tryouts. They let us know that the team's goal was to win. The best kids were going to make the team and the best of the best would be the starters. League rules would dictate that every kid had to play at least one inning in the field and get at least one at bat, but that was it. In blowouts they would try to get the kids that didn't play as much more playing time. At least we knew up front how the team was going to be run and the goal was to win.

There was a distinct difference and it was made clear. It's a shame that a 10yr old boy is crying at his little league game because of something a coach did wrong.
    I know what you mean and this post is right on. I am very glad however, that he (Brendan) decided to still try out (tomorrow) for the Travel C team for the summer. I thought for sure that last nights little display of crappy coaching might have turned him off completely.

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar

Hi friends
    My Native American name is RunsWithCrashCart.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs
    Thanks, folks. I tell ya', it goes by in the blink of an eye.

We're going out to dinner after Mass. Perhaps a chain restaurant, I've been reading good things about them. (we went to Puerto Rico earlier this year. We called that our anniversary vacation)
    I thought it was tomorrow. I remember the D-Day connection.

I'll give you congrats on the proper day.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

My uncle and his wife welcomed the newest addition to the family today. Healthy little girl, mom and baby are doing great.

Side note- she gave birth at the same hospital as my cousin's wife did last week and one of the nurses recognized the last name.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyankee
    Cool! Glad to see half of the cars are American models!

Btw, the price they list is for the base model Camaro without all the bells and whistles, but it's still a great car for that price!
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

Morning, LTE!

Happy Anniversary to Tom and his bride.

Craft fair was a total bust yesterday. For the first time EVER, we did not sell one thing all day. Crowd was not as good as last year, but there were people walking around and some stopped by and inquired about custom bottles. Some took our cards. We'll see. But, we have prices ranging from 50 cents (magnets we made) to $20, so there's something in everyone's price range. Oh well. I think we're going to stick to shows closer to the holidays. We did much better at those.

Quote Originally Posted by krystl
    Morning, LTE!

Happy Anniversary to Tom and his bride.

Craft fair was a total bust yesterday. For the first time EVER, we did not sell one thing all day. Crowd was not as good as last year, but there were people walking around and some stopped by and inquired about custom bottles. Some took our cards. We'll see. But, we have prices ranging from 50 cents (magnets we made) to $20, so there's something in everyone's price range. Oh well. I think we're going to stick to shows closer to the holidays. We did much better at those.
    Yikes. I always liked the holiday ones much better than the random ones during the year too...during the year, people just don't seem inspired to buy the way they do in December!

To be sane is more dramatic than to be mad - GK Chesterton, Orthodoxy

Happy Sunday LTE! Wow, it's really nice not having Sunday School - I've been kind of busy every week since it ended, so this is the first week I've gotten to see how much I can get done between when I wake up (nice and late) and 10:45 Mass!

To be sane is more dramatic than to be mad - GK Chesterton, Orthodoxy

Wow, it's really nice not having Sunday School
    I agree.
    Pardon, for us.

NYYF Legend

Yikes. I always liked the holiday ones much better than the random ones during the year too...during the year, people just don't seem inspired to buy the way they do in December!
    Yeah, I think that's a lot of it. The people selling jewelry seemed to be selling things, but probably because they would buy for themselves. People tend to buy our stuff more as gifts.

NYYF Legend

ugh, i HATE this hot, humid, soupy weather.

Afternoon folks.

Hi everyone. Had a wonderful day with my nephew yesterday <3

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967
    Wow, a lot cooler than yesterday, a bit too cool and windy for the pool but at least it isn't raining today as they said.
    Its 95 right now and supposed to hit 1100 today

NYYF Legend

I was just returned from grocery shopping and it is brutal out there. The temp outside my car was 102!!..expecting a 110 heat index today...I'll not be going out again today...

Good day to stay indoors in the AC.....allllll day.
    Attitude is everything. Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly........

NYYF Legend

It's pretty gross here. No rain yet through. Nick and my nephew were in the pool a little while ago. The water's 80!

Quote Originally Posted by krystl
    It's pretty gross here. No rain yet through. Nick and my nephew were in the pool a little while ago. The water's 80!
    Wow! My sister should be in NY by tomorrow (soooo jealous but im glad she got to go).

NYYF Legend

It's so breezy here doors are slamming all over the house!
    We just had a major gust here. Thankfully, I was able to put the patio umbrella down before it broke.

NYYF Legend

Wow, a lot cooler than yesterday, a bit too cool and windy for the pool but at least it isn't raining today as they said.
    It's hazy, hot and very humid in West Hartford.

NYYF Legend

Karen, sorry to hear biz wasn't so good yesterday.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    It's hazy, hot and very humid in West Hartford.
    Here, too. It's definitely not cool.

Vik!!! Thank you!!!!!! I got the pocket cal yesterday

Thread Information