Closed Thread
Page 1528 of 1567 FirstFirst ... 528 1028 1428 1478 1518 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1538 ... LastLast
Results 38,176 to 38,200 of 39165
    NYYF Legend

Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    An 85 year old guy I know, who was active and in apparent good health, died from a massive heart attack leaving a Dunkin Donuts after hanging out with his buddies having their morning coffee together. He keeled over in the parking lot going to his car and that was that.

I'll tell ya', sign me up for that right now. No fuss, no muss - no lingering health issues... just drop dead after having a nice long life. That's the way to go out.
    I would rather go in my sleep (at a very old age) than keel over in a parking lot. But I'm glad he didn't make it to his car and get behind the wheel.

May he RIP.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    The space shuttle has landed about an hour and a half ago. Since it was renamed to The Enterprise after some Trekkies didn't like the original name (Challenger or something similar), Leonard Nimoy was there also.
    Enterprise was the very first shuttle.

Challenger blew up.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    I would rather go in my sleep (at a very old age) than keel over in a parking lot. But I'm glad he didn't make it to his car and get behind the wheel.

May he RIP.
    He was your quintessential Connecticut Yankee. As my dad would say, he was a tough old bird.

(I used to say I want to get shot by a jealous husband when I was 90. I doubt I'll make a husband jealous, though, at any age.)
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

(I used to say I want to get shot by a jealous husband when I was 90. I doubt I'll make a husband jealous, though, at any age.)
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Enterprise was the very first shuttle.

Challenger blew up.
    And I'd witnessed Challenger on TV in HS, I think it was. One very truly bad experience if there ever was one.

The teacher, the other astronauts. The first set of astronauts in awhile that weren't all white dudes. After that, it went straight back to the status quo.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

I think of Reuben when I see a Sam's Club. The only person I know who got fired from a job at a place he never worked at.
    The closest I've ever come to that is talking too much during an interview. They told me to be less chatty, so I toned it down during the 2nd interview.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Me thinks that the second set of slippers would be a dead giveaway. However, the ninja knives ain't a good thing in that scenario.

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar

Good luck with the meanie! And have fun at the wedding!

Well, Shannen is taking the train(s) home from Brooklyn for the first time today. I'll pick her up at the station a little later (a lot easier than driving down there to get her). I'm so proud of her!
    thanks dear! I really don't want to go to the wedding, but my sister RSVPed us already. Meh whatever.

Yay for Shan taking the train!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
    thanks dear! I really don't want to go to the wedding, but my sister RSVPed us already. Meh whatever.

Yay for Shan taking the train!
    How come you don't want to go to the wedding? Is it someone you know well?

Yay for the train! It was so much easier (for me) and she didn't mind (even with her rolling suitcase thing). I have to laugh though. She's used to the subways, which are speedy, so when she got on the metro north to Croton she said the train was creepin like a grandma.

And I'd witnessed Challenger on TV in HS, I think it was. One very truly bad experience if there ever was one.
    Then why did you think the shuttle in NY was Challenger renamed Enterprise?
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

How come you don't want to go to the wedding? Is it someone you know well?

Yay for the train! It was so much easier (for me) and she didn't mind (even with her rolling suitcase thing). I have to laugh though. She's used to the subways, which are speedy, so when she got on the metro north to Croton she said the train was creepin like a grandma.
    haha yeah the train is definitely different from subways. I don't mind either one.

Re: wedding- it's a girl I went to nursing school with. She's actually closer friends with my sister than with me. I'm not too fond of the groom because he's cheated on her quite a few times. Hey it's not my life though.

Then why did you think the shuttle in NY was Challenger renamed Enterprise?
    I knew that the one now being stationed in NYC is named Enterprise. My problem was that I'd mistaken the name that was previously proposed for the same aircraft. I wasn't thinking of Challenger being the doomed aircraft. I'd thought that I'd heard this on the radio. I would never have made that mistake knowing the sad fate of the Challenger.

haha yeah the train is definitely different from subways. I don't mind either one.

Re: wedding- it's a girl I went to nursing school with. She's actually closer friends with my sister than with me. I'm not too fond of the groom because he's cheated on her quite a few times. Hey it's not my life though.
    So she's marrying the guy even though he's cheated on her a few times? Wow. I always thought that people said that guys like that should never get married. Or is it just me?

So she's marrying the guy even though he's cheated on her a few times? Wow. I always thought that people said that guys like that should never get married. Or is it just me?

They've been together for like 7 years I think. They have a daughter together. Like I said, it's not my life. Her decision.

I'm going to the fair tonight.
    "I usually try to plan my bowel movements before I shower."
    -- fredgmuggs

They've been together for like 7 years I think. They have a daughter together. Like I said, it's not my life. Her decision.
    Yeah, yer right. I have to remind myself of my own advice, and to let people live their own lives, for better or worse.

As a guy, he's in la-dee-da land if that happens. For me as an uncle, I couldn't see that happening. I love my nieces way too much (six in all).

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    If it's you, Luke and Troy, then I hope that you enjoy yourselves tonight, Jen.

BTW, which fair? I didn't even know that there was one in town.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

An 85 year old guy I know, who was active and in apparent good health, died from a massive heart attack leaving a Dunkin Donuts after hanging out with his buddies having their morning coffee together. He keeled over in the parking lot going to his car and that was that.

I'll tell ya', sign me up for that right now. No fuss, no muss - no lingering health issues... just drop dead after having a nice long life. That's the way to go out.
    I want to go out the same way I came in: kicking and screaming.

NYYF Legend

If it's you, Luke and Troy, then I hope that you enjoy yourselves tonight, Jen.

BTW, which fair? I didn't even know that there was one in town.
    Jenn doesn't live in NY.

Hey, gang.
    The very first time...was kinda astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by West Texas View Post
    Hey, gang.
    Some guy from Sam's Club is looking for you. He said you haven't shown up for work in a while.

How are things going, Reuben?

Some guy from Sam's Club is looking for you. He said you haven't shown up for work in a while.

How are things going, Reuben?
    I'll never forget when Sam's fired me.

Things are going well now.
    How are you doing, Tom?
    The very first time...was kinda astonishing.

Jenn doesn't live in NY.
    Neither do I. Who said anything about living in NY?

Quote Originally Posted by West Texas View Post
    I'll never forget when Sam's fired me.

Things are going well now.
    How are you doing, Tom?
    Hangin' in there. Which beats the heck out of not hangin' in there.

Thread Information