Closed Thread
Page 1518 of 1567 FirstFirst ... 518 1018 1418 1468 1508 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1528 ... LastLast
Results 37,926 to 37,950 of 39165
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

First time I have seen someone hit 3 home runs in a game I was at.
    Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I hit 3 home runs in a game I was at (in little league)
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    She's doing ok, thanks for asking Shirl. She's up for visiting a college in NJ tomorrow so I guess that's a good sign. Her dad is taking her. I get to be her "stand-in" for the Confirmation Sponsor rehearsal thing tomorrow night. Grrrr..... Matt picked her for his sponsor. He's no dummy. She'll never enforce religion on him if something happens to me or Kev.

How are you Shirl? How's MM doing?
    That's good to hear. I'm sure you and the hubbs will keep a good eye on her. I had a friend of my folks as my sponsor when I got Confirmed. I don't think I ever saw him again afterwards. Maybe I should have chosen my sister?

We're both doing well, or at least I am. I had two meetings I wanted to go to tonight but the Magster must have eaten something bad - probably something out in the yard - and has been sick for the past two hours. Hopefully, it clears up soon so I don't have to sleep on the couch.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post

I was hoping he was going to hit #4 there in the bottom of the 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by Toaderly View Post
    I was hoping he was going to hit #4 there in the bottom of the 6th.
    One more chance at least. He is up third in the bottom of the eighth.
    Life is good!

Great game!
    Life is good!

NYYF Legend

Hi yoooo

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Friday is here. Looks like a wet weekend but it's dry as a bone around here so we'll take it.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Morning, LTE! Loving this weather. I hope the weekend stays nice. Tomorrow we are supposed to go to Englishtown with a few of the Camaro club people (Big 3 shootout. Camaro, Mustang and Challenger) and Sunday we have a car show on LI.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    Morning, LTE! Loving this weather. I hope the weekend stays nice. Tomorrow we are supposed to go to Englishtown with a few of the Camaro club people (Big 3 shootout. Camaro, Mustang and Challenger) and Sunday we have a car show on LI.
    Is that New Jersey?
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Morning folks. Kev took Jacq to see College of New Jersey. They left at 6am.

I missed a great game last night esp with Grandy going 5/5....ticket sitting here on the counter. Sigh. What a bummer.

Morning folks. Kev took Jacq to see College of New Jersey. They left at 6am.

I missed a great game last night esp with Grandy going 5/5....ticket sitting here on the counter. Sigh. What a bummer.
    It would have been a bigger bummer if he hit 2 more homers instead of 2 more singles.
    Let the kids play.

Happy Friday all. It's the start of a three-day weekend for me.
    Life is good!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Is that New Jersey?
    Yep.

NYYF Legend

Jacq with a concussion (hopefully almost gone), Brendan with a big black eye and Matt gets his braces off today! Next, Brendan gets them on. Chaaaa Chingggggg

NYYF Legend

Is that New Jersey?
    Jacq with a concussion (hopefully almost gone), Brendan with a big black eye and Matt gets his braces off today! Next, Brendan gets them on. Chaaaa Chingggggg
    It never ends, does it? I know the feeling.

We just found a car for Nick (he's paying half, that's the deal. Neighbor's 1 owner '03 Stang, just like Shannen's). Now to add another car to my insurance policy. Luckily, I don't have to add him as a driver yet, but when he passes the road test (can't take it for 6 months), I will have to and I dread that.

How did Brendan get a big black eye, anyway?

NYYF Legend

It never ends, does it? I know the feeling.

We just found a car for Nick (he's paying half, that's the deal. Neighbor's 1 owner '03 Stang, just like Shannen's). Now to add another car to my insurance policy. Luckily, I don't have to add him as a driver yet, but when he passes the road test (can't take it for 6 months), I will have to and I dread that.

How did Brendan get a big black eye, anyway?
    Wow, he's getting a Mustang? That's cool! I hear ya on the insurance thing.....2 drivers back to back (Matt will get his license soon. He'll be 16 in Sept.)

B fell on the black top playing baskeball. Scrapped elbow, knee, leg, hand and black eye.

Yep.
    The family has a couple of harness racing horses stabled there. They run in Yonkers, Chester and Pocono Downs.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

So I got invited to this Channel 3 Camp Courant event at the Marriott in Hartford - sort of like a fund raiser, women's networking event. I'm sitting at a table with people I don't know and won't really know many of the people there - except maybe a few reporters. I'm kind of wishing I didn't agree to do it but once I'm there I'm sure I'll have fun. It will just be a little nerve racking walking in solo and not knowing many people, or at least I don't think I'll know many people....we'll see.

Bunch of high-profile women from CT in one room. yikes.

NYYF Legend

Wow, he's getting a Mustang? That's cool! I hear ya on the insurance thing.....2 drivers back to back (Matt will get his license soon. He'll be 16 in Sept.)

B fell on the black top playing baskeball. Scrapped elbow, knee, leg, hand and black eye.
    It's a V6 like Shannen's. Nothing crazy fast or anything. He was actually looking for a truck before my nephew offered to sell him his Mustang (I don't know where all the Ford people came from in this family!!). It's also a 2003, very clean and he did a lot of work to it. We had a deal all worked out with him and then my SIL said no way. So, then Nick got the Stang bug, like Shannen and our neighbor heard he was looking for one, so they're signing it over tonight. Will have to wait till Monday to register it.
    But he's been practicing in Shannen's car. He doesn't like the Escalade, says it's too big and I won't let him drive my car just yet, so he's gotten very comfortable in the Mustang.

The family has a couple of harness racing horses stabled there. They run in Yonkers, Chester and Pocono Downs.
    Cool! I didn't know there were stables around there.

So I got invited to this Channel 3 Camp Courant event at the Marriott in Hartford - sort of like a fund raiser, women's networking event. I'm sitting at a table with people I don't know and won't really know many of the people there - except maybe a few reporters. I'm kind of wishing I didn't agree to do it but once I'm there I'm sure I'll have fun. It will just be a little nerve racking walking in solo and not knowing many people, or at least I don't think I'll know many people....we'll see.

Bunch of high-profile women from CT in one room. yikes.
    You'll have fun! You talk to everyone anyway.

NYYF Legend

Off to the lake to catch the game and a hockey double header tonight.......life is good.....

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Lots of travel baseball this weekend.
    Life is good!

I think the best part of Fenway's 100th anniversary is when the celebration is over.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Toaderly View Post
    I think the best part of Fenway's 100th anniversary is when the celebration is over.
    Yeah really....what a snooze fest (to me anyway).

As a rule I hate throwback uniforms (especially involving the Yankees) but I like the hat the Yankees are wearing today better than their traditional navy blue one.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Thread Information