Closed Thread
Page 1511 of 1567 FirstFirst ... 511 1011 1411 1461 1501 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1521 1561 ... LastLast
Results 37,751 to 37,775 of 39165

Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    I agree with Trish, muggs. Your wife is moving on, not taking responsibility for any of her belongings, while you are stuck there with them. She walked away and left you to clean up the mess. Not right.
    We have to go over all her stuff and decide what gets tossed, what the kids might want to save, what she might want to give to her family members, what can be donated.... blah, blah, blah.

I'm not going to start randomly tossing stuff because it might make me feel good. But you're both right, we need to set a deadline on when to get this done, and we will, it just hasn't been a priority item as of yet.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    So where's Linda been? (and I hope JDP decides to start posting here again)
    I texted Linda yesterday/early eve asking where she's been. She texted me back at about 4am and scared the crap out of me. She said she's ok though so that's good news.

NYYF Legend

I agree with Trish, muggs. Your wife is moving on, not taking responsibility for any of her belongings, while you are stuck there with them. She walked away and left you to clean up the mess. Not right.
    Same with me - I agree with Trish although it's prob easier said than done but she was the one that wanted out right? She's moved on.....so maybe it would be a little easier when you think of it that way? It's gotta be tough I'm sure, especially if you weren't the one that wanted to end the marriage.

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

I'd do the same thingy that Mistah Cawfee said earlier: eBay. He should get a digital camera, open a Paypal account and start $elling wot-evah ain't worthless.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Come on...give her a date, or have your lawyer give her a date to come pick up what she wants (it can even be done by a third party), and the rest goes in a dumpster. Unless there's something behind not wanting to throw the stuff away, like some remaining feelings or something like that. If that's the case, you have to tell yourself that it's just stuff, and if it means so little to her, it should mean less to you. Dump it. Exorcise the demons.
    I agree completely.
    "I usually try to plan my bowel movements before I shower."
    -- fredgmuggs

NYYF Legend

We have to go over all her stuff and decide what gets tossed, what the kids might want to save, what she might want to give to her family members, what can be donated.... blah, blah, blah.

I'm not going to start randomly tossing stuff because it might make me feel good. But you're both right, we need to set a deadline on when to get this done, and we will, it just hasn't been a priority item as of yet.
    I didn't mean you should just start tossing her stuff. Sorry if it sounded that way.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

I'm baaaaaaaack...........

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

I didn't mean you should just start tossing her stuff. Sorry if it sounded that way.
    I understood what you meant, Karen. No problems.

It's not easy to dispatch a lifetime to a landfill. An elderly man on my street who lived by himself, that I didn't know very well, passed away a couple of months ago. When I passed by his house I noted a dumpster in the driveway which made me sad. All those things had importance to him... and now they're just unwanted junk.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    At least somebody has come back. Welcome home, Jake.

We await your recap....and report card, with details.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Where'd eVeryone go?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    We await your recap....and report card, with details.
    Working on it..........burp

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    I agree completely.
    Thirded.

Did I just agree w/Evil Trishie & Jenn? Sheesh.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Working on it..........burp
    Does the report begin with a bar and end with a tavern?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    Does the report begin with a bar and end with a tavern?
    A Pub and a Bistro....

NYYF Legend

Taking a mental health day......

"We" don't have to. She has to.

After that, I'm with those who say you can start tossing stuff, not because it might make you feel good, but because having it there might make you feel bad.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

Morning, LTE!

Looks like it might rain today. Bleh. But I guess we need it.

There's just no good way of doing this. It will sort itself out eventually but for now the less I interact with her the better I like it.

And there's a bunch of stuff I just don't know what to do with it. For example - her wedding dress. We've never discussed it but I'm pretty sure she doesn't want it, and even if she did want it, she doesn't have the room for it. I don't want it but then again I don't really want to toss it away either. So it probably will remain in the closet until I die, or the house burns down, or I sell this place.

There's just a lot of little crap like that I have no idea what to with?
    That is not your problem, Tom. It may seem like it now but the things that belong to her are for her to decide upon what to do with them. Were it me, I would start packing them into boxes and have everything ready to ship to her.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Just got back from the doctor. Numbers have improved some, but not out of the woods yet. He went over my two options for dialysis should it be time for it. He is hopeful but not 100% confident that I will get out of failure totally and may need it. One is to go in the hospital 3 times a week for 3-4 hours a clip or a second is to have a catheter inserted in my stomach and do it at home. Hopefully I have more time before I have to make that choice.

I'd prefer letting the experts do it at their place rathet than trust myself with such a procedure. Bottom line, please do whatever is best for you, Rick.

NYYF Legend

Afternoon, LTE! No rain yet, but a lot of clouds.

Day 11 smoke free!. Not even using the ecig that much, although I do like it. Got some flavored "juice" for it today that's nice. I was near a smoker for the first time today and she was afraid it would bother me so she put it out, but I can honestly say, I had no desire to smoke because of it.

Day 11 smoke free!. Not even using the ecig that much, although I do like it. Got some flavored "juice" for it today that's nice. I was near a smoker for the first time today and she was afraid it would bother me so she put it out, but I can honestly say, I had no desire to smoke because of it.
    Nice job, Karen. Keep up the good fight.

The weather really hasn't been nearly as gloomy as they said it would be for today and yesterday.

NYYF Legend

Anyone ever try a pre stuffed frozen Butterball?

NYYF Legend

Wow Karen, I am so freakin proud of you. Awesome job

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Wow Karen, I am so freakin proud of you. Awesome job
    Thanks, Vick!

Thread Information