Closed Thread
Page 1481 of 1567 FirstFirst ... 481 981 1381 1431 1471 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1491 1531 ... LastLast
Results 37,001 to 37,025 of 39165

Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    The state and my town has their street sweepers out cleaning up the roads. I guess they believe the winter is over. (not that it was ever here in the first place)
    I'm debating taking off my winter tires, but there's still plenty of time for snow here. On the other hand the 10-day forecast is for 60s and 70s. Did we set the clocks ahead 2 hours or 2 months?
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I'm debating taking off my winter tires, but there's still plenty of time for snow here. On the other hand the 10-day forecast is for 60s and 70s. Did we set the clocks ahead 2 hours or 2 months?
    I haven't used dedicated winter tires since I left living in western New York and that's been a long time.

I'm just about ready to put the snowblower into the shed for summer storage. It's possible it could snow but I'll risk it. I got the lawn mower out the other day and changed the oil, sharpened the blade, replaced the air filter and spark plug. That's ready to rock and roll.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Why is Lou so upset at that dancing, singing dog? You'd be thinking he'd realize it was his ticket to close his restaurant and really roll in the dough.
    I think he's upset about the Sicilian dialect. No matter how many times Lou corrects him, the dog keeps singing "pasta fazool" instead of "pasta e fagioli." It drives Lou nuts.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    Morning LTE! Gorgeous weather we're having. Dentist appointment today. Nothing big, just the routine visit.

And I don't care if Romanos isn't "real"Italian food. It's yummy and I have never been disappointed there.
    Same. I was bummed when the one down the street closed.

Morning Karen. Another nice day out there.

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post

And I don't care if Romanos isn't "real"Italian food. It's yummy and I have never been disappointed there.
    I'm not sure Lou knows what he's talking about there. I was at a Macaroni Grill once and I saw one of the guys cooking and he looked like he was probably mostly Italian.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

RIP, Pete.

I'm not sure Lou knows what he's talking about there. I was at a Macaroni Grill once and I saw one of the guys cooking and he looked like he was probably mostly Italian.
    I'll take your word for it. "Soriambi" sure sounds like an Italian name to me.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    If ther is one I've learned..........never assume winter is over till June 1st

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    I used to work with a guy from Montana. He said they had two seasons there - Winter and 4th of July.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Plus, like you said they give Italian language lessons in the loo so it's def an Italian joint.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I used to work with a guy from Montana. He said they had two seasons there - Winter and 4th of July.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Plus, like you said they give Italian language lessons in the loo so it's def an Italian joint.
    What..?
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    What..?
    Ask Kev.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Well, here in NJ, the latest plowable snowfall I have ever experienced is April 8. So the tractor chains stay on until then. But we broke the record for earliest by plenty last year, so who knows?
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Well, here in NJ, the latest plowable snowfall I have ever experienced is April 8. So the tractor chains stay on until then. But we broke the record for earliest by plenty last year, so who knows?
    Apparently there was once a blizzard on my sister's birthday, April 11.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    What is Free Target Friday
    No admission fee on Friday's.

which group of individuals was this designed for
    Cheapasses, students, or both.

who, if anyone, sponsors it,
    Target.

and what is the $25 for?
    Cake.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Apparently there was once a blizzard on my sister's birthday, April 11.
    April Blizzard 1982..a
    rare event with 9.8" NYC, 25" NY state and 60mph gales
    as primary storm resurfaces as coastal storm off NJ
    morning of 4/6/1982. Only April Blizzard on record,
    and heaviest since April 3-4, 1915 when 10" fell.
    13" snowfall at Newark, a record breaker followed by
    record cold 19 degrees next morning.
    http://davep1nj.tripod.com/davesweat...luxe/id15.html

The storm I am referring to was April 7, 2003, and was billed as the biggest April snow since 1982. (I plowed the next morning, so that's why I remember April 8. It was no blizzard, maybe 6" total.)

Not saying you are wrong, but Google is not your friend.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

My poor baby is getting sicker and sicker. We took him to the doctor on Saturday morning, and they said he had a virus and there was nothing to do but give him ibuprofen or Tylenol for discomfort. Stuff is going around, I guess. Now he's having trouble breathing through his nose, and is coughing a lot more than he was. So we're going back this afternoon. He's been up every hour for the past few nights, and he's not a great sleeper, anyway. It's been very rough. He's such a happy boy that he still smiles through the coughing and sniffling, but he's miserable at night and so is everyone else.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    My poor baby is getting sicker and sicker. We took him to the doctor on Saturday morning, and they said he had a virus and there was nothing to do but give him ibuprofen or Tylenol for discomfort. Stuff is going around, I guess. Now he's having trouble breathing through his nose, and is coughing a lot more than he was. So we're going back this afternoon. He's been up every hour for the past few nights, and he's not a great sleeper, anyway. It's been very rough. He's such a happy boy that he still smiles through the coughing and sniffling, but he's miserable at night and so is everyone else.
    Ah, the joys of having little ones! Wait till you have #2 and they give it to each other and both of them are up. Sorry Jenn. Unfortunately it's all part of having infants/kids. He'll be better before you know it.

When we had J in day care and Matt was very small, he ended up with RSV, a respiratory disease - prob passed on from kids that were sick at the day care she went to....anyway, he was on an nebulizer for awhile and was off all asthma drugs but now at 15 he is taking an inhaler for exercise induced asthma. It sucks but it's quite common.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I would like to have seen Montana.

Aaaawww, the poor little guy.

NYYF Legend

Sick babies are agonizing (especially when it's the first). My oldest had a 7-day intestinal flu when he was about 5 months. The doctor was ready to hospitalize him the next day but he recovered that night. One of the worst weeks of my life. You feel so helpless. My prayers and good thoughts to you and your kid. Babies are tough; he'll get through it and only you will remember (father of three here).

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Ah, the joys of having little ones! Wait till you have #2 and they give it to each other and both of them are up. Sorry Jenn. Unfortunately it's all part of having infants/kids. He'll be better before you know it.

When we had J in day care and Matt was very small, he ended up with RSV, a respiratory disease - prob passed on from kids that were sick at the day care she went to....anyway, he was on an nebulizer for awhile and was off all asthma drugs but now at 15 he is taking an inhaler for exercise induced asthma. It sucks but it's quite common.
    My older sister has had a nebulizer ever since her 2nd kid (of 5) had pneumonia when he was very small. He had to be hospitalized for it. I think some of her kids have had RSV at various times, too. Luke's been getting worse instead of better for the past week. This virus going around gave him a rash and sniffles/cough. The rash is gone, but the coughing has gotten pretty bad. He was having trouble breathing last night and it made me so worried. Troy actually was very sick for the past couple weeks, too. He's just getting over it after almost 3 weeks. I hope Luke isn't sick for as long as he has been.

Sick babies are agonizing. My oldest had a 7-day intestinal flu when he was about 5 months. The doctor was ready to hospitalize him the next day but he recovered that night. One of the worst weeks of my life. You feel so helpless. My prayers and good thoughts to you and your kid. Babies are tough, he'll get through it and only you will remember (father of three here).
    Thanks, Tim. Intestinal flu sounds awful! I am just worried about Luke's breathing and cough right now. His lungs were clear on Saturday, but the cough is much worse now. He's such a sweet boy that he still smiles through it, though you can tell he's miserable. I definitely feel helpless.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

http://davep1nj.tripod.com/davesweat...luxe/id15.html

The storm I am referring to was April 7, 2003, and was billed as the biggest April snow since 1982. (I plowed the next morning, so that's why I remember April 8. It was no blizzard, maybe 6" total.)

Not saying you are wrong, but Google is not your friend.
    The information came from my mother. You going to dare to argue with her?

Besides:

The earliest record of local weather is from Bedford, NY 1894.* That April they recorded 24" of snow from April 11-12th
    http://www.yorktownhistory.org/homepages/thebigone.htm

Remember, she is my older sister.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    The information came from my mother. You going to dare to argue with her?

Besides:

http://www.yorktownhistory.org/homepages/thebigone.htm

Remember, she is my older sister.
    I stand corrected and leave this debate drenched in shame.

Sorry to hear about your kid, Jenn.
    - Barry Manilow

Thread Information