Closed Thread
Page 1035 of 1567 FirstFirst ... 35 535 935 985 1025 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1045 1085 1135 1535 ... LastLast
Results 25,851 to 25,875 of 39165
  1. #25851
    Movin' on Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Clifton Park, New York

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Have you been given any direction to follow by the new ownership?
    They won't give us clear directions until we come back with the broomstick of the Wicked Witch of the West. You get the picture.
    Let the kids play.

  2. #25852
    Movin' on Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Clifton Park, New York

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Go away!




    .........................



    I SAID GO AWAY!!!!!!
    Let the kids play.

  3. #25853
    Movin' on Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Clifton Park, New York

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Well, apparently I can't seem to get Karen's attention for more than a minute at a time, so I'm going to go get dinner started and I'll be back for gametime.
    Let the kids play.

  4. #25854
    Your 2014 NY Yankees JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Guam

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    I went to the Mall for a haircut.

    I rarely go to the Mall.

    Some observations:

    1) They seem to be doing a remodel. The part that's done looks no better than the part they haven't started yet.

    2) There are a lot of empty stores, including one huge department store.

    3) You can't get in the Verizon Store there are so many customers and people browsing.

    4) There is no one in the AT&T Store (I walked past a few times), except 5 sales dudes who were standing around doing nothing.

    5) The Kiosks are nuts. All people with odd accents asking me questions.
    a) What do you use to shave?
    b) Let me show you this Dead Sea moisturizer?
    c) Can I ask you a couple of questions?
    d) Let me ask you a question about hair care?
    e) Let me show you how this radio controlled Copter works.

    (I walked past the modeling agency kiosk 12 or 13 times. They never asked me a question. They seemed to be looking away each time I approached.)

    6) There's a brand new Borders there (apparently it's a year old). Ain't that a shame.

    7) There are at least 5 Auntie Anne's in the Mall. That company is the devil.

    8) I walked into Macy's. There are 30 (I counted), crazy looking women with too much makeup standing around near the entrance begging you to take a small piece of cardboard with smelly fragrance on them. I ran out of there.


    I walked around for about an hour for some exercise. It's quite a place.
    Pardon, for us.

  5. #25855
    Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rising from the Ashes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Well, apparently I can't seem to get Karen's attention for more than a minute at a time, so I'm going to go get dinner started and I'll be back for gametime.

    She said she was able to access ATM but didn't try to post.

  6. #25856
    Movin' on Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Clifton Park, New York

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
    She said she was able to access ATM but didn't try to post.
    Right now all her rights are restored, so we're not trying anything at the moment. What I need is for both of us to be glued to the LTE for about 20 minutes.
    Let the kids play.

  7. #25857
    Movin' on Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Clifton Park, New York

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    ...
    5) The Kiosks are nuts. All people with odd accents asking me questions.
    a) What do you use to shave?
    b) Let me show you this Dead Sea moisturizer?
    c) Can I ask you a couple of questions?
    d) Let me ask you a question about hair care?
    e) Let me show you how this radio controlled Copter works.

    (I walked past the modeling agency kiosk 12 or 13 times. They never asked me a question. They seemed to be looking away each time I approached.)...
    I don't go into malls much anymore BECAUSE of these kiosks. The vendors are accosting you left and right as you try to walk around and enjoy yourself. This is beginning to happen at the concourse where I work....there is one vendor who sells gutters who has the worker interrupt everyone who's walking by...."Do you own a house?" I've gotten so PO'd that I now ignore the question and the person altogether. I should call the manager of these malls and let them know I'm not coming there anymore.
    Let the kids play.

  8. #25858
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I don't go into malls much anymore BECAUSE of these kiosks. The vendors are accosting you left and right as you try to walk around and enjoy yourself. This is beginning to happen at the concourse where I work....there is one vendor who sells gutters who has the worker interrupt everyone who's walking by...."Do you own a house?" I've gotten so PO'd that I now ignore the question and the person altogether. I should call the manager of these malls and let them know I'm not coming there anymore.
    What are you trying to do or is it top secret info?

  9. #25859
    Movin' on Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Clifton Park, New York

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    What are you trying to do or is it top secret info?
    You mean with the site? I'm trying to see if I can block access to different parts of it on a user-basis. If I can, then I can more easily keep troublemakers at bay like I do in the gamethreads.
    Let the kids play.

  10. #25860
    NYYF Legend

    RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Manchester, NJ

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I went to the Mall for a haircut.

    I rarely go to the Mall.
    Monmouth or Freehold Raceway? I hate both.

  11. #25861
    Your 2014 NY Yankees JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Guam

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    Monmouth or Freehold Raceway? I hate both.
    Monmouth
    Pardon, for us.

  12. #25862
    Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rising from the Ashes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Right now all her rights are restored, so we're not trying anything at the moment. What I need is for both of us to be glued to the LTE for about 20 minutes.

    I'll be here for a little bit since I'm waiting for the floors to dry.

  13. #25863
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Great having baseball back!
    Life is good!

  14. #25864
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    You mean with the site? I'm trying to see if I can block access to different parts of it on a user-basis. If I can, then I can more easily keep troublemakers at bay like I do in the gamethreads.
    OOOoooohhhhh I see!

  15. #25865

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Well, apparently I can't seem to get Karen's attention for more than a minute at a time, so I'm going to go get dinner started and I'll be back for gametime.
    You should have chose someone without ADD.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  16. #25866
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Hi folks, Yanks are 2-0. I am going down tomorrow. I like to go on calendar weekend. Going to dress warmly as it's supposed to be cool and windy.
    Life is good!

  17. #25867
    NYYF Legend

    RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Manchester, NJ

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    You should have chose someone without ADD.
    But then he'd have to recruit someone outside of the board.

  18. #25868

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    I get in my car and turn the radio on to the ballgame just in time to hear Sterling's recap and his home run call for Russell Martin - Russell has Muscles. Seriously, he said that
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  19. #25869

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    But then he'd have to recruit someone outside of the board.
    I think that's a gross mischaracteriza-- look something shiny! Wanna ride Bikes???
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  20. #25870
    NYYF Legend

    Octoberbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca., a transplanted New Yorker

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    When I was in Florida it took over a year to find a pizza place that made decent pizza. Now it's not anywhere near as good as New Haven, CT or New York pizza, but it was at least good. Apple Pizza. It was called that because they flew the dough down from New York. There is something about the water down there that makes dough-making different.
    If I wasn't gluten free I would say that what I miss most is pizza and bagels. I remember from when I did eat gluten that the pizza and bagels were much better in New York. The bagels here are terrible and the pizza is no better but since I don't eat it anymore I can live with that.

    28 in '12

  21. #25871
    NYYF Legend

    Octoberbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca., a transplanted New Yorker

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I think that's a large part of it right there. There is a place for them of course. I haven't eaten at one in years so I don't know their menu now but reading Karen's post above if I did go I'd probably order something that isn't sauce oriented.
    That is why I said if I go there I have the soup and salad, none of the entrees interest me.

    28 in '12

  22. #25872
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Good morning!
    Life is good!

  23. #25873
    Movin' on Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Clifton Park, New York

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Good morning!
    I suppose. I have a cold....haven't had more than 2 in the past 5 years. Usually I get it early with Zicam but it seems this cold has the upper edge. Oh well.....
    Let the kids play.

  24. #25874
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    About to head out to my first of back-to-back games at the Stadium.

    I am fully expecting the projectile vomiting smilie from Vick but I just picked up two tickets to go to Fenway in August (A's/Sox). Standing room only tickets.
    Life is good!

  25. #25875
    Movin' on Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Clifton Park, New York

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    There are no words for things that can sometimes show up on this site. Oy.
    Let the kids play.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts