Closed Thread
Page 1030 of 1567 FirstFirst ... 30 530 930 980 1020 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1040 1080 1130 1530 ... LastLast
Results 25,726 to 25,750 of 39165
  1. #25726
    Let's make history West Texas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    El Paso

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    I knew it.
    How far is heaven?

  2. #25727
    Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rising from the Ashes

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    My goodness this day is going by so slow.

  3. #25728
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    this isn't the stubhub thread (or as I refer to it - the season ticket holders crying they can't afford their season ticket packages anymore because they can't make a profit reselling them)
    It is a birthday gift for my Dad. It is a tradition we have. Unfortunately paying this price is the only way I can get tickets to a Red Sox game. I can't afford a ticket plan. And every other weekend in May is out.
    Life is good!

  4. #25729
    Movin' on Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Clifton Park, New York

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by John N. View Post
    Yeah cause it's that i have to admit that i live in a part of the country, where we don't have mountains, don't have dirndls, brezel, weizen and lederhosen. Ok, we have some pretty good beer over here, cause i'm living in Bremen, hometown of Beck's.
    Well, usually we accept cookies, but if you can bring in some fresh German brew that we normally can't get here in the U.S., that will suffice.
    Let the kids play.

  5. #25730
    Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rising from the Ashes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Well, usually we accept cookies, but if you can bring in some fresh German brew that we normally can't get here in the U.S., that will suffice.


  6. #25731
    Movin' on Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Clifton Park, New York

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    I'm not fond of German food, but I do love potato pancakes.


    Come to think of it, we expect to be touring Germany sometime in the next 4 to 8 years. If I don't like the native food what am I going to eat while I'm there?
    Let the kids play.

  7. #25732
    Movin' on Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Clifton Park, New York

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
    We can play a game of "who can fall off the barstool last?"
    Let the kids play.

  8. #25733
    Member
    John N.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northern Germany, but would prefer to live in NYC

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I'm not fond of German food, but I do love potato pancakes.


    Come to think of it, we expect to be touring Germany sometime in the next 4 to 8 years. If I don't like the native food what am I going to eat while I'm there?
    Ehm... depends where you go, Germany isn't that small. You could go to MC Donalds or Burger King, we have plenty of them. In northern Germany native food is a lot different to the south, so maybe you like some of the stuff we've arround here. Fish, Gruenkohl, Spargel...
    Theeeeee Yankees Win!!!

  9. #25734

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by John N. View Post
    Ehm... depends where you go, Germany isn't that small. You could go to MC Donalds or Burger King, we have plenty of them. In northern Germany native food is a lot different to the south, so maybe you like some of the stuff we've arround here. Fish, Gruenkohl, Spargel...
    It's somewhere in between New Mexico and Montana in terms of area.

    I'm sure you have them beat by a mile in population.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  10. #25735
    Movin' on Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Clifton Park, New York

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by John N. View Post
    Ehm... depends where you go, Germany isn't that small. You could go to MC Donalds or Burger King, we have plenty of them. In northern Germany native food is a lot different to the south, so maybe you like some of the stuff we've arround here. Fish, Gruenkohl, Spargel...
    I don't want American food while I'm there, especially the junk they serve at the fast food chains. I like all kinds of fish. No wursts of any kind.
    Let the kids play.

  11. #25736
    The Centerfielder MassNYYfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Halfway between Heaven and Hell

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    No snow here. What a pity.
    We got like half an inch of slush. Considering some of the predictions I read throughout the week, I'll take it.
    Metallica. Screaming crowd. Jog to the mound. Game over. - Chad Jennings

  12. #25737
    The Centerfielder MassNYYfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Halfway between Heaven and Hell

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyankee View Post
    I had to record the game and watch it later. I was able to avoid the score.
    I can't do it - I have to know the score. I'll follow the game on the radio, my cellphone, the internet...anything. But I gotta know the score. (ask Vicki about getting texts from me while I'm hiding in a storage room listening to the ALDS on the radio when I was working 2nd shift in '09)

    Then I'll watch the game later on Encore.
    Metallica. Screaming crowd. Jog to the mound. Game over. - Chad Jennings

  13. #25738
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I don't want American food while I'm there, especially the junk they serve at the fast food chains. I like all kinds of fish. No wursts of any kind.
    You don't want American food, but you think you might not like German food. Maybe you can eat Chinese?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  14. #25739
    Member
    John N.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northern Germany, but would prefer to live in NYC

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Yeah chinese would be an option.
    You don't have to worry you get a wide choice of food over here.

    @ Mr. Coffee. What do you mean? Germany isn't the biggest country in Area, so nothing compared to the USA, but Germany has a large population, the largest in Europe, and 593 people sq/ mi compared to the US people 87.4/sq mi
    Theeeeee Yankees Win!!!

  15. #25740
    NYYF Legend

    krystl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Westchester NY

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    No worries, just because people don't watch the games doesn't mean they aren't die-hard fans.
    I just lost total interest the last couple of years. It's weird. I can't explain it.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

  16. #25741
    NYYF Legend

    krystl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Westchester NY

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by John N. View Post
    Yeah chinese would be an option.
    You don't have to worry you get a wide choice of food over here.

    @ Mr. Coffee. What do you mean? Germany isn't the biggest country in Area, so nothing compared to the USA, but Germany has a large population, the largest in Europe, and 593 people sq/ mi compared to the US people 87.4/sq mi
    I think what he meant was that Germany is similar to New Mexico or Montana in size, but has many more people than either of those states.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

  17. #25742
    Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    northern California

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Supposed to be 84 today here. Too hot, too soon.

    Although, it is supposed to be back into the low 70's by Sunday
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2014)
    Totus Tuus

  18. #25743
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
    Seriously.

    Also, if I make it out to NY in June, i'd like to take in a game!
    Yes, you def should!

  19. #25744
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by John N. View Post
    Nice, but I'm sure i don't know him. Bremen isn't that small. Not as big as NYC but one of the bigger ones in Germany.
    I don't even remember his name so no worries there......

  20. #25745
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    It is a birthday gift for my Dad. It is a tradition we have. Unfortunately paying this price is the only way I can get tickets to a Red Sox game. I can't afford a ticket plan. And every other weekend in May is out.
    Fri or Sat game?

  21. #25746
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by MassNYYfan View Post
    I can't do it - I have to know the score. I'll follow the game on the radio, my cellphone, the internet...anything. But I gotta know the score. (ask Vicki about getting texts from me while I'm hiding in a storage room listening to the ALDS on the radio when I was working 2nd shift in '09)

    Then I'll watch the game later on Encore.

    I think I saved them.....

  22. #25747
    Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rising from the Ashes
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Yes, you def should!
    If I do, I'll make an announcement on the board and whoever wants to meet up can. We'll have an impromptu Forum Party!

  23. #25748
    NYYF Legend

    krystl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Westchester NY

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Went food shopping this morning and noticed the local Shell station had gone up to $3.83 a gallon for regular, from $3.81. Later on this afternoon, took Nicky to his friend's and needed gas. Went to that same station and the regular was up to $3.87.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

  24. #25749
    Member
    JackieBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    I don't even remember his name so no worries there......

    Then I'd say that was definitely a fling.

  25. #25750
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Fri or Sat game?
    I got it for the Saturday night game. I paid $75 each for section 423. High, but it is the Red Sox so I grabbed it.
    Life is good!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts