+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 80
  1. #1

    SI reports Halladay headed to Phillies, Lee to Ms in three-way trade


  2. #2
    Devoted Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Staten Island

    Re: Halladay to the Phillies

    Poor mets lol

  3. #3

    Re: Halladay to the Phillies

    Wow, I guess I can see why they did that now. Lee didn't want to sign long term and Roy I guess did.

  4. #4
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Halladay to the Phillies

    Is Halladay that much better than Lee? I don't get it. The headline should be how much this helps the Mariners.

  5. #5
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl

    Re: Halladay to the Phillies

    Wow. Poor Cliff Lee, on the move again. King Felix and Lee gives the Mariners a pretty potent 1-2 punch.

    Wonder how much the Phils had to lay out for the extension?

    At least the Mets can console themselves with Chris Coste.

  6. #6

    Re: SI reports Halladay headed to Phillies, Lee to Ms in three-way trade

    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/1...-monday-1.html

    The art of Twitter, gotta love it.

  7. #7
    Happy Holidays!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: SI reports Halladay headed to Phillies, Lee to Ms in three-way trade

    Well we get Lee back in the AL but it's not as bad as having Halladay in the AL East...he's going to be REALLY nasty in the NL...will be interesting to see when they want to pinch hit for him and he wants to stay in the game...he can get feisty

  8. #8
    NYYF HOF

    cupcollector99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    West of the sheep farm.

    Re: SI reports Halladay headed to Phillies, Lee to Ms in three-way trade

    anything that keeps him out of the AL is fine by me.
    Beware the Bobcat!!!


  9. #9
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Boston, NY

    Re: SI reports Halladay headed to Phillies, Lee to Ms in three-way trade

    I will not miss seeing Roy Halladay in the AL East.

  10. #10
    NYYF Legend

    kan_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong

    Re: SI reports Halladay headed to Phillies, Lee to Ms in three-way trade

    Quote Originally Posted by TheoShmeo
    I will not miss seeing Roy Halladay in the AL East.
    Me too.

  11. #11

    Re: SI reports Halladay headed to Phillies, Lee to Ms in three-way trade

    Good news. Won't miss seeing Halladay and worrying if the Yankees get him whenever they play Blue Jays anymore.

  12. #12
    Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    E. 161 St. & Rivera Ave.

    Re: SI reports Halladay headed to Phillies, Lee to Ms in three-way trade

    Halladay to Philly, Lee to Seattle, Lackey to Boston.

    Let's hope Joba and Hughes will both figure out how to be starting pitchers very quickly... and Burnett will stay healthy.
    27-Time World Champions

  13. #13

    Re: SI reports Halladay headed to Phillies, Lee to Ms in three-way trade

    Good Luck NL East, you're going to need it.

  14. #14

    Re: SI reports Halladay headed to Phillies, Lee to Ms in three-way trade

    Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick
    Well we get Lee back in the AL but it's not as bad as having Halladay in the AL East...he's going to be REALLY nasty in the NL...will be interesting to see when they want to pinch hit for him and he wants to stay in the game...he can get feisty
    That link said it wasn't confirmed that Lee was involved in the trade although it's likely. I'm still waiting to see what all the pieces in the trade will be.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  15. #15
    Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    E. 161 St. & Rivera Ave.

    Re: SI reports Halladay headed to Phillies, Lee to Ms in three-way trade

    I know Halladay probably loves Philly because it's East Coast and their ST home is very close to his Florida home. But if he doesn't sign and waits until next year, assuming a good and healthy season, he'd get $25 million per for five years in a bidding war between the Yankees and Red Sox on the open market. So even though Philly seemingly wanted to make this deal because they think they can re-sign Halladay and not Lee, I think Halladay is a fool if his asking price is less than $20 million per for four years.
    27-Time World Champions

  16. #16
    Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    E. 161 St. & Rivera Ave.

    Re: SI reports Halladay headed to Phillies, Lee to Ms in three-way trade

    In other news, the Mets can get Bay, Molina, and Holliday, and they will still have completely dropped the ball this off-season by failing to add anything credible to the rotation behind Santana.
    27-Time World Champions

  17. #17
    NYYF Legend

    tdel23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    new jersey

    Re: SI reports Halladay headed to Phillies, Lee to Ms in three-way trade

    Philly would be better off keeping Lee. A 1-2 of Halladay and Lee would be lethal.

  18. #18
    NYYFans Member Stick Michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Long Island, NY

    Re: SI reports Halladay headed to Phillies, Lee to Ms in three-way trade

    I have a feeling this trade isn't as close as being reported. It may get done, but with the alleged extension not yet negotiated and no mention of Mariners' part of the trade it wouldn't surprise me if this isn't a done deal.

  19. #19
    Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    E. 161 St. & Rivera Ave.

    Re: SI reports Halladay headed to Phillies, Lee to Ms in three-way trade

    Quote Originally Posted by tdel23
    Philly would be better off keeping Lee. A 1-2 of Halladay and Lee would be lethal.
    Agreed. If you're going to make a move that big, and you apparently have the money to pay Halladay beyond this year, find a way to come up with the money to keep both this year, and you're probably the best team in baseball.
    27-Time World Champions

  20. #20
    NYYF Legend

    JeterForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Long Island, New York

    Re: SI reports Halladay headed to Phillies, Lee to Ms in three-way trade

    Quote Originally Posted by DiMaggio5CF
    Agreed. If you're going to make a move that big, and you apparently have the money to pay Halladay beyond this year, find a way to come up with the money to keep both this year, and you're probably the best team in baseball.
    From what Heyman was saying on Francesa, it seems that Lee wants to get to FA and get his big pay day.

    Halladay likes Philly, likes that there ST facility is located near his home, and was willing to sign an extension with Philly.

    So I guess Philly decided Halladay for a few years is better than Lee for one, and baseball is lucky that they aren't able to keep both pitchers because a 1-2 of Halladay and Lee would be dangerous.

  21. #21
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    westie

    Re: SI reports Halladay headed to Phillies, Lee to Ms in three-way trade

    Rosenthal called this a few days ago

    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/1...-into-one-deal
    Burns: I wonder if this Homer Nixon is any relation?
    Smithers: Unlikely, sir. They spell and pronounce their names differently.

  22. #22
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto

    Re: SI reports Halladay headed to Phillies, Lee to Ms in three-way trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Stick Michael
    I have a feeling this trade isn't as close as being reported. It may get done, but with the alleged extension not yet negotiated and no mention of Mariners' part of the trade it wouldn't surprise me if this isn't a done deal.
    A half-hour ago, the Toronto radio guy was reporting that the Jays' GM was unable to talk to media for what the GM called "a couple of days." Probably means he's waiting on medical reports.

  23. #23
    NYYF Legend

    tdel23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    new jersey

    Re: SI reports Halladay headed to Phillies, Lee to Ms in three-way trade

    Quote Originally Posted by JeterForPresident
    From what Heyman was saying on Francesa, it seems that Lee wants to get to FA and get his big pay day.

    Halladay likes Philly, likes that there ST facility is located near his home, and was willing to sign an extension with Philly.

    So I guess Philly decided Halladay for a few years is better than Lee for one, and baseball is lucky that they aren't able to keep both pitchers because a 1-2 of Halladay and Lee would be dangerous.
    I can see Philly being nervous about trying to resign both pitchers, but if I'm the Philly GM I take my chances of a 1-2 punch of Lee and Doc leading me to a World Series. At the end of the year if you can't sign Lee you get the 2 draft picks.

  24. #24

    Re: SI reports Halladay headed to Phillies, Lee to Ms in three-way trade

    Quote Originally Posted by tdel23
    I can see Philly being nervous about trying to resign both pitchers, but if I'm the Philly GM I take my chances of a 1-2 punch of Lee and Doc leading me to a World Series. At the end of the year if you can't sign Lee you get the 2 draft picks.
    Yeah, what's worse is they had the opportunity to do this at the '08 trading deadline, so they could have ridden the 1-2 punch to 2 potential World Series while they were still in the Utley/Howard/Werth window. At that point, they could have tried shedding some other salary (Lidge, Moyer, Ibanez, etc.) to keep that intact.

  25. #25
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Cambridge, MA

    Re: SI reports Halladay headed to Phillies, Lee to Ms in three-way trade

    Wow, the M's are serious, aren't they?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts