+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Ace of the Staff JeterRodriguezSheff's Avatar

Re: Francesa PWN3D on his show by Alex from Bedminster

Quote Originally Posted by Epy7280
    Actually Mike had a point. One of the reasons that Joba's ERA is low is because he is taken out early in the games.
    And thats because they want to gradually build up his innings, and right now the only way to do that is to let him start until he hits his cap.

One thing that kind of pissed me off was one thing Francessa said when the caller was comparing Joba to Hughes. He said something along the lines of "Hughes is a starter and Joba isn't" when Joba has been a starter his entire career.

HAHA Mike got so mad! Get the guy a brownbag.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer2485
    I tend to agree, but in the long run the Yankees will win a lot, A LOT more games if they keep him as a starter for the next 15 years.
    I would be more convinced of that if I knew in advance that he'd get in better shape and fine tune his mechanics, but the fact that he stuggles to make it past five innings suggests two things: he could stand to be in better shape and the organization's continued babying of him has resulted in him being unable to build up the necessary endurance to become a workhorse. If the team continues to treat him with kid gloves then he'll never have the chance reach his ceiling. Moreover, Mo will ride off into the sunset one of these years, and even before that happens playoff teams that can 'reduce' games to six innings have better chances to win than those without exceptional bullpens.

I wrote about it in the Joba thread, but I question Joba's mental ability to be a starter sometimes. Want him in the rotation though.

Released Outright

Ever notice Francesa can't pronounce "worry"? He says "warey".

All Praises Be to Mariano destro's Avatar

"Jobber"
    [B][SIZE=1][I]"Fans don't boo nobodies..." - Reggie Jackson
    [/I][/SIZE][/B]

Remix version... I was crying I was laughing so hard:

NYYF Triple Crown

Devoted Member

I don't know, Joba has been pretty damn average as a SP if you ask me. And we could use some bullpen help and quick. Seems like an easy fit, we just have to work around this front office dude that can't stand the fact of Joba doing anything but starting....

NYYF Cy Young

How come the Red Sox can move Justin Masterson in and out of the rotation and no one talks about it?

He probably didn't argue it as well as he could have, but he still made Mike sound like a moron.

1. Mike saying that because Joba has better numbers as a reliever he should be in the pen. Ummmm....obviously he's going to have better numbers in the pen, it's pitching one inning at a time.

2. Saying Hughes is a starter and Joba's not. What? Joba has been a starter his whole life, they had him pitch in the pen the end of 07 and the beginning of 08 for innings limit reasons and because he filled a role. He has 4 good pitches. If either of them fit the profile of a reliever, it's Hughes, who only has 2 really good pitches right now.

3. I think the point about Pettitte he was trying to make is that when Andy Pettitte pitches 6 innings and gives up 2 runs, Mike will say he pitched really well. When Joba does it, he bashes him for not going deep enough into the game. He's right.

Omfg the remix when they play the rage against the machine song had me crying.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Epy7280
    Actually Mike had a point. One of the reasons that Joba's ERA is low is because he is taken out early in the games.
    isn't that true for every starter? makes no sense
    "If we have to, we'll hoard everybody. That's what the Yankees used to do."

“Most lineups will hate facing our pitching and most pitching will hate facing our lineup,”

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by NYJets37
    3. I think the point about Pettitte he was trying to make is that when Andy Pettitte pitches 6 innings and gives up 2 runs, Mike will say he pitched really well. When Joba does it, he bashes him for not going deep enough into the game. He's right.
    I don't know if Francesa would have made that argument, although I don't listen to him much at all. How many of those starts has Joba even had this year though? Not many.

4.0 3ER
    0.2 0ER
    6.0 2ER
    6.0 3ER

5.2 4ER

7.0 1ER
    5.1 1ER
    4.2 5ER
    6.0 1ER

4 of 9 starts this year were "good" but this isn't a dominant pitcher the caller seemed to be claiming. That said, I think he'll get better over the course of the year.

**Note: Not a Joba-to-the-pen guy, and I don't like Francesa, but I really don't think Francesa was pwned by Alex from Bedminster.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer2485
    I tend to agree, but in the long run the Yankees will win a lot, A LOT more games if they keep him as a starter for the next 15 years.
    what about having joba be the next mo for 15 years? we're certainly going to need that too.
    [URL="http://userbars.org"][IMG]http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/7608/yankeefanwz7.png[/IMG][/URL][IMG]http://archive.userbars.com/display.php?a=MTIyOTYyNjk0MDE4NzQwMjk=[/IMG]

They both embarrassed themselves; Alex on substance (top 5 starter....stop already), Mikey on style.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'." - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by xxltaco
    what about having joba be the next mo for 15 years? we're certainly going to need that too.
    I care to disagree. Closers are over rated to begin with. Take an average reliever and pug him into the same situations and 95% of the time the results the same.

And for those that suggest his numbers aren't up to pare, look around at other young pitchers who might be doing well this year, and then look up last years/the year befores numbers. Just about no one comes out of the gate a superstar.
    Old Yankee Stadium
    Saturday Plan D - Tier 2 - Row 2 - Seats 5/6

New Yankee Stadium
    Old - 12 Game Plan 1 - Section 334 - Row 3 - Seats 14/15
    New - Sat+ - Section 334 - Row 1 - Seats 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo012
    I care to disagree. Closers are over rated to begin with. Take an average reliever and pug him into the same situations and 95% of the time the results the same.

And for those that suggest his numbers aren't up to pare, look around at other young pitchers who might be doing well this year, and then look up last years/the year befores numbers. Just about no one comes out of the gate a superstar.
    tim lincecum.
    [IMG]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9208/jersey.png[/IMG][URL="http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9208/jersey.png"][/URL]

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by The Q Bomb
    Ever notice Francesa can't pronounce "worry"? He says "warey".
    he can't even pronounce his own name, he says Francesar...

It was entertaining that he could not stand his ground, told his staff to get rid of him, and then continued to shout like Alex was still there...

I think a lot of ppl in this country would love to be able to mute their significant other during an argument... doesn't mean you're right.

Alex was right btw.

NYYF Legend

Forest Lawn Memorial Park - Plot: Court of Freedom Block 7060 Lot 6-A

LMAO. Fatcesa's now trying to imitate the Mad Dog. What a DB.
    3 4 5 7 8 10 16 37

Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar

That was Mike getting "PWN3D" by Alex from Bedminster? I think ARodfan4life is Alex from Bedminster.
    27-Time World Champions

I think you also have to take into account with Francesa that he at least IMO has a personal agenda against Joba because he doesnt approve of Jobas personality and doesnt like how he carries himself. So in that sense, I almost think Francesa wants Joba to fail.
    If you listen to the fans you’ll be sitting with them soon enough.- Brian Cashman

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by R.V.47
    I think you also have to take into account with Francesa that he at least IMO has a personal agenda against Joba because he doesnt approve of Jobas personality and doesnt like how he carries himself. So in that sense, I almost think Francesa wants Joba to fail.
    I don't necessarily think he wants Joba to fail in general, but he's definitely not doing much to hide the fact that he would like to see Joba struggle as a starter so this will validate his argument that he should be moved back to the pen.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Thread Information