View Poll Results: Who will the Yankees deal this year, if any?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Melky Cabrera

10 15.38%
  • Xavier Nady

23 35.38%
  • Jose Veras

25 38.46%
  • Brett Gardner

10 15.38%
  • Other - Please explain.

15 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    NYYF Legend

Re: The Yankees Trading Block

Quote Originally Posted by MTYankee23
    I'd prefer they exhaust their internal options first (i.e. make sure Bruney and Marte aren't coming back, that Melancon and Robertson can't handle it, and that Kontos or Garcia can't be turned into relievers.
    This

I am from the school of see what you have before external options. And you forgot Kroenke. Who can come up right now and be better than Veras or Tomko.

Melancon has a 2.16 Era @ SWB btw
    "Well guess what? He's dead. You just signed a dead guy." --pleasepassthesoup

Quote Originally Posted by justtxyank
    I think they need to go get a veteran, even if he's just a stable middle reliever as opposed to a top notch setup man.
    I'd prefer they didn't personally, an impact arm is going to cost a ton in prospects, and "stable" middle relievers, tend to become part of the problem you were originally trying to solve while still costing a great deal of prospects. I doubt you'll find a stable middle reliever with better stuff than Robertson or Melancon (or Kontos for that matter), it's a matter of Girardi and Eiland working them into the mix properly (which they'd have to do with anyone they'd acquire).

Quote Originally Posted by justtxyank
    I like DeRosa, but he also makes a nice chunk of change. I think he's at $6 million. That's a hefty price for a utility player.
    It will be less than $4M by the time they acquire him.

DeRosa is an improvement over Pena in that he can play first base and the OF, can hit, and has some pop. He's not exactly fast but if he comes in to run for Matsui or Swisher you don't have to worry about his bat coming up in a big spot. I'm probably biased since I wanted the Yankees to get a guy like DeRosa since spring training. Someone that can play the infield and outfield with decent speed.

Mark Teahen is another similar option but the Yankees would have to wait a month or so to get him while Alex Gordon is on the mend.
    The coming of The Carpenter.
    I love to hit. I want to hit .300, .400, .500. I just love to hit.

Released Outright JavyVazquezIsSick's Avatar

Apparently, Cincinatti is looking for a corner bat, I'd love to trade Nady for one of their young talented relief pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick71
    Gardner will give us not much less than Melky. Too bad fans can't isolate a good month and a half in relation to a players career and realize that.
    As much as I like Gardy, he will never hit .270 consistantly in the major leagues, unless he all of a sudden gets better.

Melky on the other hand, can do that, and he has some power that is developing as well.

Melky doesn't need to go anywhere, and they need to keep Brett on the bench to steal bases, and place the outfield on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by JavyVazquezIsSick
    Apparently, Cincinatti is looking for a corner bat, I'd love to trade Nady for one of their young talented relief pitchers.
    With Swisher as bad as he's been, I think we need Nady back as soon as possible.

The announcers of the game last night (puke) mentioned that the Rangers had the top-ranked minor league system. The Rangers are in first place, but you gotta figure the Angels or maybe even the Mariners are going to start nipping at their heels. I can see the Rangers wanting to make a trade or two to maintain their position in the West. They do have a young team, so they may want to just develop from within. Or they may want a veteran or two (besides Andruw freaking Jones) to put them over the top.

They've got to be tired of Chris Davis. Their middle-relief pitching is suspect. They may need a more experienced catcher to give Salty a break. Anyone think they'd be interested in Miranda, Jorge Vazquez (!), some of our minor league pitching, or even Molina? I think there may be some good fits there. I don't know what we could get back, but probably worth looking into.

edit: Even Nady for left field. David Murphy? Please.

Could have had Nelson Cruz for a couple of half decent prospects 2 months ago.

eh, meh.

would like derosa but not willing to give them any major league ready pitching for him.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JavyVazquezIsSick
    I don't disagree but considering he's still rehabbing from an injury, makes a fairly substantial salary, and will be a free agent at the end of the season, how much trade value do you think Nady has right now?
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz
    I don't disagree but considering he's still rehabbing from an injury, makes a fairly substantial salary, and will be a free agent at the end of the season, how much trade value do you think Nady has right now?
    Regarding the salary part, if they trade him in July, he's only due around $3M for the balance of the season. The Yanks kick in $1.5M, and they remove the Reds' concern.

nady has no trade value. he's hurt and will be a boras FA this winter. who wants that?

I can't see us trading any of those guys midseason. Melky and possibly Gardner would be the only guys with any value and with our OF injuries and inconsistencies I don't see us looking to lose depth there.

With Jackson doing well in AAA I think both are decent possibilities to be traded in the offseason, but during the season? Doubtful at best.

Veras is close to being DFA'd if that happens its possible we might get some scrub prospect for him, but I'm not counting that.

Nady won't have much value as a DH coming off an injury and going into a contract year. Like Melky and Gardner he'd be of greater value than anything we'd get in return.

I think if anything we'll try to trade some prospects for some better late inning relief pitching. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see us look to minor league starting pitchers to help out there. I could see guys like Kontos and Garcia converted to a relief role. We should also presumably get back Bruney and Marte. Plus if the rest of our starters are healthy you have to assume that Hughes and/or Joba will see time in the bullpen if for no other reason than to not pass their innings limits.

Honestly I don't expect us to make much if any trades as we dont really have a whole lot of expendable ammunition. I'd hopefully assume that guys like Jackson and Montero are safe. Brackman and Betances are still too far away from netting anything of considerable value, ditto for Romine. Melancon should be contributing to a weakness at the ML level soon enough. That leaves us with guys like McCallister and Kontos as the only upper level guys that might be expendable in a trade that have some sort of value. And I'm not even that crazy about dealing either of them given the way they're both pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21
    nady has no trade value. he's hurt and will be a boras FA this winter. who wants that?
    A team that thinks they need a player like Nady to make them stronger/more competitive in their division. Only NL teams would be interested, or maybe the Mariners.

No one knows yet if Nady can play the outfield this season, he has no trade value as a PH still owed $4 million.
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.

"They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mark19
    No one knows yet if Nady can play the outfield this season, he has no trade value as a PH still owed $4 million.
    Especially to an NL team.

Devoted Member

The only thing I'd want Cash looking at right now are bullpen options. I am fine with our position players. Looks like the Astros, Seattle, San Diego and Cleveland might be early sellers....

Nady did go deep today. Maybe he'll jump start Swisher too.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by themgmt
    Yeah?
    Activate him now.
    "Well guess what? He's dead. You just signed a dead guy." --pleasepassthesoup

Quote Originally Posted by themgmt
    I think it was reported that it will be a while before he will be able to play the OF because of his injury.

Quote Originally Posted by wang+cano=future
    I think it was reported that it will be a while before he will be able to play the OF because of his injury.
    yep. he'll serve only as a PH or a DH against lefties when he returns.

Thread Information