View Poll Results: Who will the Yankees deal this year, if any?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Melky Cabrera

10 15.38%
  • Xavier Nady

23 35.38%
  • Jose Veras

25 38.46%
  • Brett Gardner

10 15.38%
  • Other - Please explain.

15 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Yankees Trading Block

Who do you think the Yankees will move this year to fill some holes: (bullpen, future catcher, depth on the bench)

Melky Cabrera: Peaking in value, having a very good offensive year and is a plus defender.

Xavier Nady: Recovering from the elbow injury, is a FA at the end of the year and is a Scott Boras client (will no doubt hit the market). If he comes back and produces in limited play is there a possibility?

Jose Veras: Tremendous stuff as a reliever, but control is always inconsistent. Would an NL team in need of bullpen help take a chance? Could we see him as part of a package?

Brett Gardner: I doubt Brett will be dealt, but brings speed to the table and a solid 4th OF, if not a starter if he can improve his offense.

Those are a few I though of off the top of my head, any others?

Re: The Yankees Trading Block

Also, Other can include no trades and keeping the team as is.

NYYF HOF

Unless they drop out of it or someone drops a gift of a deal in Cashman's lap, I like the team the way it is. I'm not big on the catching situation and would love to seethe team get younger but they have a lot of payroll coming off the books at season's end too so they might have more flexibility then.
    Beware the Bobcat!!!

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BxBomber44
    Who do you think the Yankees will move this year to fill some holes: (bullpen, future catcher, depth on the bench)

Melky Cabrera: Peaking in value, having a very good offensive year and is a plus defender.

Xavier Nady: Recovering from the elbow injury, is a FA at the end of the year and is a Scott Boras client (will no doubt hit the market). If he comes back and produces in limited play is there a possibility?

Jose Veras: Tremendous stuff as a reliever, but control is always inconsistent. Would an NL team in need of bullpen help take a chance? Could we see him as part of a package?

Brett Gardner: I doubt Brett will be dealt, but brings speed to the table and a solid 4th OF, if not a starter if he can improve his offense.

Those are a few I though of off the top of my head, any others?
    I think Melky is the most likely, but I can't see them doing that unless we are getting a short-term CF back in return.

I don't see Nady being an option -- he's one bad twist away from TJ surgery. I can't imagine Veras would bring anything back, and I am not sure Gardner has much value.

I think we'll ultimately trade for BP help, but I think it will be Melky or minor leaguers that go, unless we take a real salary dump and someone is willing to take Gardner. Long-term, I think both he and Melky could be our 4th OF, so we'd likely only need one of them.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Veras certainly not. If his performance picks up we need him, if it doesn't nobody wants him.

They absolutely have to pick up a veteran for the pen, but with the economy being what it is I don't see the need to trade away anything. There'll be a salary dump or two available.
    It's clearly Joe's fault that everything is A-Rod's fault -- [URL="http://forums.nyyfans.com/member.php?u=12871"][SIZE=1]jeterismyhomebo[/SIZE]y[/URL]

NYYF Legend

Other - No One

I wonder what they could get for Jeter?
    Pardon, for us.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    I wonder what they could get for Jeter?

Pine tar rag??? I thought I'd say it before all the Jeter haters jump in.

I don't see any trades on the horizon right now. The team is playing well and the chemistry seems to be great. Nady will be gone at the end of the season and I think Gardner is worth keeping. He'll likely only get better and you can't teach speed.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

The only one that will get you anything is Melky. Nady makes good money and will be a FA. Melky is only in his 1st year of arbitration and can be marketed as a .300 hitting CF with a canon arm atm.

Nobody really to trade on this team. If anything, it will be minor leaguers to help us get a bullpen arm.

Melky's play will mean that he will get an extended chance for the whole season. Cashman will be uver impressed by his turnaround.

Gardner prob has no value and is good for us as a PR.

Nady again will be good for us to have when Matsui needs a day or if Swisher is slumping.

Veras...not even a blind GM with a huge stubborn streak would trade for him.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

you want to trade guys when we've had this many injuries?
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

If Melky keeps hitting the way he has been, I would not want to trade him.
    Thanks!
    Go Yanks!

NYYF Cy Young

Other - none of the above.

The Yankees would have traded Melky in past seasons if they had any intention of letting him go, so I doubt we'll see him gone this year, especially now that the Yankees have some OF issues (Matsui can't play, Damon is always playing hurt, Nady gone, Swisher slumping)

Gardner needed to prove himself a worthy trade chip, and he certainly has not done that so far this year. No trade here.

Veras is terrible, I'd be surprised if anyone wants him.

Nady, hurt, won't be traded. Again, we need some OF depth.

NYYF Triple Crown

No point in trading Veras. He isn't good.

Forum Regular

If someone offers up anything of value for Melky I'd trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick71
    If someone offers up anything of value for Melky I'd trade him.
    Ok, and then who plays Center Field?

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by AnA-bombforA-rod
    Ok, and then who plays Center Field?
    Brett Gardner, maybe with a splash of Swisher/Damon/Nady. I just know Cabrera has gotten pretty lucky so far this year and want him gone while his value is still high.

If he's hitting above 280 by July I'll be shocked.

Brett Gardner, maybe with a splash of Swisher/Damon/Nady. I just know Cabrera has gotten pretty lucky so far this year and want him gone while his value is still high.

Actually, if I am not mistaken, Melky had the highest LD% on the team at 25%, so he really isn't getting lucky. And Brett Gardner is not an everyday player, while the other 3 guys can't play CF as it is.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by AnA-bombforA-rod
    Actually, if I am not mistaken, Melky had the highest LD% on the team at 25%, so he really isn't getting lucky. And Brett Gardner is not an everyday player, while the other 3 guys can't play CF as it is.
    Cabrera's BABIP is .337 this year, up from a career average around .290. He's not striking out any less and not walking any more. His HR/fly ball ratio is 18% this season after maintaining a career average of about 6%, so his power will likely regress.

Sorry, this screams lucky streak.

Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar

His HR/fly ball ratio is 18% this season after maintaining a career average of about 6%, so his power will likely regress.
    Maybe not in New Yankee Stadium, where production is measured in HR/Pop-up ratio.
    27-Time World Champions

LOL Brett Gardner...........you think Melky is barely going to be over .280 if that. What exactly do you think Gardner will give us? He's awful............

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbooster
    LOL Brett Gardner...........you think Melky is barely going to be over .280 if that. What exactly do you think Gardner will give us? He's awful............
    Gardner will give us not much less than Melky. Too bad fans can't isolate a good month and a half in relation to a players career and realize that.

with matsui scuffling, we could do with a DH. trade nady for pujols and ankiel. it upgrades our outfield and improves the DH position. the cardinals may want something else so throw them veras as a sweetner.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Thread Information