+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NYYF Cy Young

Randy Levine Keeps Talking about seats

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

They just don't get it still. Did Levine know that MLS cancelled their season tickets to the Yankees?

Re: Randy Levine Keeps Talking about seats

I have a half season plan for the ny red bulls...

even though there's only 10-15 thousand fans in attendance at these games, the whole game day experience is awesome. the fans are hardcore and loud throughout the entire game. its really a fun atmosphere. i think the ny team will draw more fans next year when they move to their new stadium and out of giants stadium.

not to mention my ticket rep is MUCH more friendly than my yankees rep...

but when it comes down to it, if i had to choose between the two, i would much rather go to a yankee game. i just love the team more.
    [B]Born and raised a Yankee fan.[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by number18

even though there's only 10-15 thousand fans in attendance at these games, the whole game day experience is awesome. the fans are hardcore and loud throughout the entire game. its really a fun atmosphere. i think the ny team will draw more fans next year when they move to their new stadium and out of giants stadium.

but when it comes down to it, if i had to choose between the two, i would much rather go to a yankee game. i just love the team more.
    I've only purchased a handful of tickets to redbulls games, but every time i did i called them and purchased directly from them. After you purchase tickets once, I guess they assign you a representative, because I get calls and emails from time to time from this guy named Jim there telling me about upcoming offers and whatnot. He's really friendly, and has found me great tickets to games over the past year. It's such a stark contrast from the other teams in New York. Feeling like a team appreciates you being there; I just wish Red Bull Arena in Harrison wasn't quite a schlep.
    [IMG]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9208/jersey.png[/IMG][URL="http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9208/jersey.png"][/URL]

Devoted Member

Levine is such an embarrassment. Zero class or integrity. Everything he touches turns to shi*.
    DFA ARod.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Gigi Buffon
    Levine is such an embarrassment. Zero class or integrity. Everything he touches turns to shi*.
    I will be estatic when Levine's tenure is finished with this organization. Unfortunately, his importance to the Steinbrenner family (negotiating George's return in 1993 & his role in moving the political machinery for the new stadium) means he's not going anywhere for a while. And with the jury still out on whether Hal or Hank will step forward and be a "true" owner of the team, Levine's guidance will continue to reign supreme.

I lost what miniscule respect I had for him with his handling of Joe Torre, and how his personal dislike and jealousy of Torre shaped the perception of the entire organization, continuing through the closing ceremonies last season at the old Yankee Stadium. Of course the irony of it all is that Torre was a big factor in making Levine & the Steinbrenners much richer men over the past 15 years.

Par for the course for Randy Levine, though. He'd probably admit too. While in politics, Levine always had the reputation as a type that would shake your hand while reaching around and stabbing you in the back with the other arm at the same time.

The NY Times did a good piece on him earlier this year: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/29/sp...pagewanted=all
    GO YANKS
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 20, 23, 32, 37, 42, 44, 46, 49, 51

NYYF MVP

Instead of firing more coaches when/if the Yankees falter they should fire a few of these clowns running the team. They are very out of touch and make me cringe when I hear them speak publicly.
    I got mine in blazing copper.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheBamTino24
    I will be estatic when Levine's tenure is finished with this organization. Unfortunately, his importance to the Steinbrenner family (negotiating George's return in 1993 & his role in moving the political machinery for the new stadium) means he's not going anywhere for a while. And with the jury still out on whether Hal or Hank will step forward and be a "true" owner of the team, Levine's guidance will continue to reign supreme.

I lost what miniscule respect I had for him with his handling of Joe Torre, and how his personal dislike and jealousy of Torre shaped the perception of the entire organization, continuing through the closing ceremonies last season at the old Yankee Stadium. Of course the irony of it all is that Torre was a big factor in making Levine & the Steinbrenners much richer men over the past 15 years.

Par for the course for Randy Levine, though. He'd probably admit too. While in politics, Levine always had the reputation as a type that would shake your hand while reaching around and stabbing you in the back with the other arm at the same time.

The NY Times did a good piece on him earlier this year: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/29/sp...pagewanted=all
    I think he's an incompetent buffoon in situations where his city connections can't help him. What's worse is I think he cares more about solidifying his own position within the organization than what's best for the Yankees and their fans. The FO is just clueless when it comes to dealing with the fans and the tradition of this organaization. The whole expereience at the Stadium has been getting worse for years IMO.

Picking a fight with some MLS executive - great move Randy. Fool. It'll be great day when he leaves the Yankees but unfortunately I don't see it happening any time soon.

I saw this fiasco with the ticket prices coming a long timne ago. Levine and Trost will of course blame it all on the bad economy but that's bull. They have far eclipsed the threshhold of an acceptable price (for anyone) to see a baseball game.

It'll be hilarious when the RS come to town and the place is about 60% Boston fans. Maybe that will open the eyes of the Stein Brothers.
    DFA ARod.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigi Buffon
    I think he's an incompetent buffoon in situations where his city connections can't help him. What's worse is I think he cares more about solidifying his own position within the organization than what's best for the Yankees and their fans. The FO is just clueless when it comes to dealing with the fans and the tradition of this organaization. The whole expereience at the Stadium has been getting worse for years IMO.

Picking a fight with some MLS executive - great move Randy. Fool. It'll be great day when he leaves the Yankees but unfortunately I don't see it happening any time soon.

I saw this fiasco with the ticket prices coming a long timne ago. Levine and Trost will of course blame it all on the bad economy but that's bull. They have far eclipsed the threshhold of an acceptable price (for anyone) to see a baseball game.

It'll be hilarious when the RS come to town and the place is about 60% Boston fans. Maybe that will open the eyes of the Stein Brothers.
    Honestly, I don't think the Stein Brothers care like their dad did. Levine and Trost were brought in to get the YES network and a deal with the city for a new Stadium.

Basically they wanted to take the Yankees and make it more than just a baseball team. Make it a global enterprise. A big time cash cow. Make as much money as possible and the Stein Brothers will probably sell the team eventually.

I don't like Levine either, but I don't see him leaving anytime soon unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by number18

It's funny b/c like I've always been treated with such kindness by the Mets ticket people. I bought subway series tickets at Shea one year and like since then they'll contact me about stuff and are always really nice.

I went to Baltimore for the Opening series vs the Yankees and the people there were really nice.

The Yankees just don't care. They don't worry about losing some fans...they figure that those people will still come despite their complaints or someone else will go instead.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan122
    Basically they wanted to take the Yankees and make it more than just a baseball team. Make it a global enterprise. A big time cash cow. Make as much money as possible and the Stein Brothers will probably sell the team eventually.
    This is preisely why the Yankees have not come to winning WS #27. I'll take a great team with an outdated stadium and bad food any day over a collection individuals with a cushion under my butt and Chilean sea bass for my belly. In other words, I'll take 1996 over 2006 any day and twice on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Use Ethyl Chloride
    This is preisely why the Yankees have not come to winning WS #27. I'll take a great team with an outdated stadium and bad food any day over a collection individuals with a cushion under my butt and Chilean sea bass for my belly. In other words, I'll take 1996 over 2006 any day and twice on Sunday.
    Totally agree, but the Yankees front office sees the dollar signs and sees that 02-present has made them more than they were making 90 through say 2000 or so.

NYYF MVP

Although he was often misguided, George was admirable in that he just wanted the team to win no matter what. This bunch of bozos just wants to make money no matter what. And if they alienate their fan base in the process and destroy the atmosphere in the stadium, then so be it. It's a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Murcer1
    Although he was often misguided, George was admirable in that he just wanted the team to win no matter what. This bunch of bozos just wants to make money no matter what. And if they alienate their fan base in the process and destroy the atmosphere in the stadium, then so be it. It's a disgrace.
    That's exactly how they are. They view success by how much money they made. If we're an underachieving 3rd place team and the core fans have been disenfranchised and alienated...the front office doesn't care as long as they're making money.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan122
    That's exactly how they are. They view success by how much money they made. If we're an underachieving 3rd place team and the core fans have been disenfranchised and alienated...the front office doesn't care as long as they're making money.
    But they're not going to be making money for long if they continue having 3rd place finishes and alienated fans. Before you know it, the whole place will be empty, not just the expensive seats.

Quote Originally Posted by okposo21
    ... I just wish Red Bull Arena in Harrison wasn't quite a schlep.

Its really only 15-20 minutes further than Giants stadium, and there's a path train that stops there right across the street, so traveling from manhattan will be a lot easier.
    [B]Born and raised a Yankee fan.[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by chelloveck
    Instead of firing more coaches when/if the Yankees falter they should fire a few of these clowns running the team. They are very out of touch and make me cringe when I hear them speak publicly.
    Other teams have baseball men that breathe the game as their Presidents & COO's. We have two idiots.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

I have to chuckle at the recent love of George, most of my upbringing was of fans trying to get him to sell thet team.
    Life is good!

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheBamTino24

He sounds like a supreme a$$h@le, especially the part about lying to the teacher's union to get to them to agree to lesser terms. They're TEACHERS Randy! They barely make anything to begin with! I hope Levine gets fired.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967
    I have to chuckle at the recent love of George, most of my upbringing was of fans trying to get him to sell thet team.
    And let's not forget that our late 90's run only happened because he was suspended earleir in the decade. Steinbrenner's judgments destroyed this franchise once before. He and the dim sons are more than capable of doing it again.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyEllis
    And let's not forget that our late 90's run only happened because he was suspended earleir in the decade. Steinbrenner's judgments destroyed this franchise once before. He and the dim sons are more than capable of doing it again.
    I actually had a friend of mine comment about the ticket situation, that George never would have permitted this ticket situation to happen. I had to laugh (never mind that until then, the person had always thought George Steinbrenner was what was wrong with baseball) because this same man has been convicted of illegally contributing to Richard Nixon's campaign (ban #1 from baseball), tried to dig up incriminating evidence on Dave Winfield's charity (ban #2 from baseball). Yes, he would have kept prices low
    Life is good!

Randy Levine is a class enemy.

Nice to see the MLS commish take the high road while Levine calls him out for a completely valid comment.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyEllis
    Look - the dim sons are doing what business people do - trying to make as much money as humanly possible.
    However, in doing so, they are diminshing the Yankee product on the field.
    They don't care because I believe their plans are to sell the team for a stupid amount of money.

The worst thing that happened to this team, was when Jennifer filed for the divorce of Steve Swindal....
    He was actually doing a pretty good job of running the team...

And now this!
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets
    Look - the dim sons are doing what business people do - trying to make as much money as humanly possible.
    They don't care because I believe their plans are to sell the team for a stupid amount of money.

The worst thing that happened to this team, was when Jennifer filed for the divorce of Steve Swindal....

And now this!
    Good point. There was a reason Swindal was hand-picked to head operations. George took one look at the kids and said, "I think we'll go with Steve."

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets

And now this!
    This is a good point.

Anyone on this message board could run the team pretty much "single" handedly with no experience whatsoever and do just as competent a job as is being done now. Without all the overhead.

On the field, cashman throws the bucks at the highest paid players. Off the field, try to milk the consumer for as much as you can. It fits right into a pump and dump strategy.

Thread Information