+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    NYYF Legend

Re: Randy Levine Keeps Talking about seats

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967
    I actually had a friend of mine comment about the ticket situation, that George never would have permitted this ticket situation to happen. I had to laugh (never mind that until then, the person had always thought George Steinbrenner was what was wrong with baseball) because this same man has been convicted of illegally contributing to Richard Nixon's campaign (ban #1 from baseball), tried to dig up incriminating evidence on Dave Winfield's charity (ban #2 from baseball). Yes, he would have kept prices low
    Actually while George made many bad decisions as far as the on field personel was concerned he really did not try to screw the average fan as much as the sons are. If George was still in full control I doubt that there would have been a 43% rise in the Tier Reserve ticket prices like what happend before 2008. I also do not believe that the 300 level seats behind the plate would have been upgraded to Premium Status. George did raise the prices for the Field level seats and added loads of Premium seats downstairs at OYS but for the most part he did try to keep the tickets affordable for the average fan in the Tier reserve section.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by Murcer1
    But they're not going to be making money for long if they continue having 3rd place finishes and alienated fans. Before you know it, the whole place will be empty, not just the expensive seats.
    Alas.....but this is spot-on.

On CNBC, they just announced the Yanks are lowering some seat prices

Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS
    On CNBC, they just announced the Yanks are lowering some seat prices
    Good, they should.

Addicted Member

About time. I hope they can fill them.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673
    Actually while George made many bad decisions as far as the on field personel was concerned he really did not try to screw the average fan as much as the sons are. If George was still in full control I doubt that there would have been a 43% rise in the Tier Reserve ticket prices like what happend before 2008. I also do not believe that the 300 level seats behind the plate would have been upgraded to Premium Status. George did raise the prices for the Field level seats and added loads of Premium seats downstairs at OYS but for the most part he did try to keep the tickets affordable for the average fan in the Tier reserve section.
    Well to me, $22-30 (which what is now tier reserved price) is affordable. Keep in mind the sharp increase in the best seats started with George still in charge. It's easy now to elevate him to a higher level, but I still remember the hatred aimed (and rightly so) at him, the man is far from a saint.
    Life is good!

NYYF Legend

Well to me, $22-30 (which what is now tier reserved price) is affordable. Keep in mind the sharp increase in the best seats started with George still in charge. It's easy now to elevate him to a higher level, but I still remember the hatred aimed (and rightly so) at him, the man is far from a saint.
    I agree that $22-30 is affordable but keep in mind the same seats were $17 in 2007.

The hatred toward George was because of his running of the on-field aspects of the team and I agree with that. I was very happy when George's suspension was announced back in 1990.

Randy Levine....

Too Outspoken Or Loud

“Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673
    I agree that $22-30 is affordable but keep in mind the same seats were $17 in 2007.

The hatred toward George was because of his running of the on-field aspects of the team and I agree with that. I was very happy when George's suspension was announced back in 1990.
    I also believe that George's hands are not clean when it comes to the price increase, the price (and large) increases started with George firmly in control.

I also believe that George's hands are not clean when it comes to the price increase, the price (and large) increases started with George firmly in control.
    It's no coincidence that the ground broke for the new stadium in the summer of 2006... then in 2007 we saw sharp ticket price increases and more in 2008.

Why is he still here!! What does he do?

The Yanks don’t mind the empty Legends Suite seats because those customers are inside conducting business. Everything sells, and the Yankees, said Levine, have evolved to become an “entertainment and sports company around a baseball team.” It’s the logical progression of the game even if it robs baseball of its purity as the so-called national pastime.
    http://riveraveblues.com/2010/06/an-...43/#more-31043

NYYF Legend

Trost and Levine are idiots, its sad that their in charge
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

NYYF Legend

Just to remind everyone who thinks these guys are complete idiots:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5065139

and don;t tell me it's all because Hal Steinbrenner is such a shrewd businessman. When it comes to the game of baseball I don't think Levine or Trost know sh*t, but on the whole business end of it they have taken the team to heights unmatched by any other franchise. Every time Levine opens his mouth it's like the sound of chalk on a blackboard, but if the Steinbrenners didn't look on him as a valuable asset he would have been long gone.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

I know these comments are from last year, but in the mid-90s George used to complain about dismal attendance because of the Stadium's surroundings -- completely ignoring the fact that ticket prices were by far the most expensive in MLB.
    Dieting isn't a piece of cake.
    Nobody ever says "it's just a game" when their team is winning.
    "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball" --Jacques Barzun

Thread Information