+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Re: Things I don't like about the new stadium

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673
    The upper deck concourse at OYS was cramped but at least it was dry when it rained.
    OYS was more than cramped in the upperdeck,
    it was a fire trap of massive proportions.
    I remember many times going up the one escalator behind home plate,
    and you could not get off the escalator because people werent moving at the top. kids were getting crushed.
    It certainly made up my mind that we needed a new stadium.

I remember after 9-11 and seeing the fatal choices those people had to make at the top of the wtc ,
    and then being in the upper deck behind home plate and thinking what if? what if something happens and I gotta get out of here asap and you know my answer ... jump down on to the screen below and then climb down the fence and then run out on to the field and through the outfield gates ...
    of course, I was hoping I would jump first before the weight of other knuckleheads jumping would collapse the screen.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4trainEddie
    OYS was more than cramped in the upperdeck,
    it was a fire trap of massive proportions.
    I remember many times going up the one escalator behind home plate,
    and you could not get off the escalator because people werent moving at the top. kids were getting crushed.
    It certainly made up my mind that we needed a new stadium.

I remember after 9-11 and seeing the fatal choices those people had to make at the top of the wtc ,
    and then being in the upper deck behind home plate and thinking what if? what if something happens and I gotta get out of here asap and you know my answer ... jump down on to the screen below and then climb down the fence and then run out on to the field and through the outfield gates ...
    of course, I was hoping I would jump first before the weight of other knuckleheads jumping would collapse the screen.
    A fire trap? There was nothing that could burn in the old concourse. And it was a lot less cramped before the Yankees added extra food carts.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Yes - I've noticed that too and it seemed to get worse as the season wore on. The "guards" outside the MSSB look more like bouncers now. And the ushers who are ready to pounce the second you even think about getting to close to the entrance of one of the wheelchair pens.

They all remind me of that scene in the library from Ghostbusters where that old librarian ghost looks so pleasant until the make their move - and then she turns all nasty. Same thing happens with the ushers. And they are EVERYWHERE.
    Well put (especially the Ghosbusters reference!). I would love to organize a formal list of pros and cons of the new stadium to send to Yankee management as expressed by those in this forum. They should be interested in well thought out, polite, feedback from some of their most ardent (and revenue generating) fans. Who knows - maybe they would actual consider some changes based on our feedback. It's something I'll consider after the playoffs - I mean after The World Series - I mean after the parade.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673
    A fire trap? There was nothing that could burn in the old concourse. And it was a lot less cramped before the Yankees added extra food carts.
    You are correct about the food carts and other crap they were selling in just about every inch of the concourse.
    They should never have been allowed to that.
    Im also talking about outside ,where the seats were,
    the idiotic single lane walkway between the upper deck box seats and the upper deck tier reserve.

but still, if there ever was a fast moving,smokey grease fire that engulfed one of those concession kitchens and maybe spread to a big pile of boxes in a storage room,
    on a windy day with a packed stadium, that concourse and the entry/exits to the seats would make for a smokey wind tunnel;
    there would be fatalities, not from the smoke but from the stampede to get away from the smoke.

how many seats were in the upper deck,both box and tier reserve? 25,000 maybe
    how many exits? 8 ramps, 4 of those very close together behind home plate and 3 narrow escalators/stair cases.

Quote Originally Posted by avasdad
    PLease add Partitions for urinals in the upper deck. Why do the lower decks have them and none upstairs?

bring back mustard and ketchup in packets. i hate those pump stands!! How am i suppose to cover my entire pretzel with mustard at once?

The seats in the grandstand are bigger and more legroom than seats in the terrace.

the food stands do not have food by the fifth inning and the are cleaning up to go home.

Way too many advetising signs !

Even with the recessed bowl shape there are still many blind spots in the outfield if you are sitting in terrace and grandstand towards the foul poles.
    The food stands is a great point, 2 weeks ago they were cleaned up by the 6th inning, ready to get out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBotz
    I agree. There is not nearly enough blue in the stadium. Way too much white.
    My season tix partner argues that the outfield wall is actually more purple than Yankee blue and from 425 it is a little purple actually.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by 4trainEddie
    ...there would be fatalities, not from the smoke but from the stampede to get away ....
    I realized how badly they needed a new stadium several years ago during an inter-league game against St. Louis. That was the first year Tino was on The Cardinals; there was a rain delay and my husband and I went under the stands to go to The Pinstripe Pub (or whatever the name of the place was) and you couldn't move because it was wall to wall people (55,000 + people trying to squeeze in the walkways to avoid the rain). It was very claustrophopic and a woman started to scream that she was going to faint. Security guards tried to push through the crowd to help her but no one could move to make room; it was like being on the LIE during rush hour. My dad was a fireman and let me tell you, that was a fire hazard!

One word Legends Club... go there once you wont want to sit anywhere else in the stadium, plus all the food you want no missing innings! grab and go 10000 hot dogs!

Heres a pic of jeter i took from the legends seats opening weekend... i bet he looks like a . up in the grandstand

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by 23Hitman
    One word Legends Club... go there once you wont want to sit anywhere else in the stadium, plus all the food you want no missing innings! grab and go 10000 hot dogs!
    Once I win the lottery . . .

I got lucky then april 19th 10am in the morning i went to stub hub and found legends at 175 each! thats 350 under face value!

NYYF MVP

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1368751300

The Moat: The widening gap between the rich and not as rich.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker
    I think it's a sad commentary on society that it takes a new $1.3 billion facility to get people to stop peeing on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by WTrain44

Not as rich is right. Sitting in the 100 sections isn't even close to cheap.

The one problem I have with the new stadium is that the Yankees don't play there nearly enough!
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by WTrain44

Ha ha, my friends and I have been calling it "the moat" all year, too. God forbid the peasants cross over into the castle!
    [FONT=Georgia][COLOR=RoyalBlue]You gotta have fun. Regardless of how you look at it, we're playing a game. It's a business, it's our job, but I don't think you can do well unless you're having fun.~Derek Jeter
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

i have to admit though, even though the moat is there, during the post game celebration, most fans were allowed to go all the way to separation even if you didnt have tickets in the section to get close. in the old stadium, you wouldve been shot had you tried to get that close.
    follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/AndrewHarts

Devoted Member

I dont like that there are no more upper deck home runs

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by dadrumma
    i have to admit though, even though the moat is there, during the post game celebration, most fans were allowed to go all the way to separation even if you didnt have tickets in the section to get close. in the old stadium, you wouldve been shot had you tried to get that close.
    After Game 6 of the W.S. some ushers were actually trying to stop people from going down there. It didn't work.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by TierReservedCreature
    After Game 6 of the W.S. some ushers were actually trying to stop people from going down there. It didn't work.
    Did everyone just rush down there? Would have loved to have seen it!
    [FONT=Georgia][COLOR=RoyalBlue]You gotta have fun. Regardless of how you look at it, we're playing a game. It's a business, it's our job, but I don't think you can do well unless you're having fun.~Derek Jeter
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

NYYF Cy Young

I have to bump this thread for this... I'm going to preface this by saying I think NYS is beautiful and has a lot of unique features.. but this photo is taken from the New Target Field in Minnesota...

Does this look familiar to anyone? It's a little sad that a concourse of Yankee Stadium is EXACTLY the same as another stadium in baseball... it just shows how generic some parts of the stadium are and that the upper deck had no character
    Attached Images

NYYF Legend

dead ringer, all they need is the lighting along the support columns

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule
    I have to bump this thread for this... I'm going to preface this by saying I think NYS is beautiful and has a lot of unique features.. but this photo is taken from the New Target Field in Minnesota...

Does this look familiar to anyone? It's a little sad that a concourse of Yankee Stadium is EXACTLY the same as another stadium in baseball... it just shows how generic some parts of the stadium are and that the upper deck had no character
    I think the staircases to the Grandstand at NYS are much more narrow. I will have to look at the pics I took at the workout.
    Dieting isn't a piece of cake.
    Nobody ever says "it's just a game" when their team is winning.
    "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball" --Jacques Barzun

NYS will have fans in those seats, Target field probably won't.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by BxBomber44
    NYS will have fans in those seats, Target field probably won't.
    Major similarity between Target Field and Yankee Stadium is that the Yankees will win most of the games they play there.
    Mays played baseball. Mantle was baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule

The Yankees dont have yellow diareah colored walls, it looks nothing like YS.

Thread Information