+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 22 23 24 25

Re: Things I don't like about the new stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Axon
    NYY Steak really needs to make its prices more reasonable. I will pay $40 for a meal at the stadium. I will not pay $150. I would go a lot more if it was more reasonable. I can't be alone.
    The Yanks dont want you, me & everyone else that would pay $40 eating there.

NYY Steak really needs to make its prices more reasonable. I will pay $40 for a meal at the stadium. I will not pay $150. I would go a lot more if it was more reasonable. I can't be alone.
    I've eaten there a couple of times and, all things considered, I didn't think it was all that unreasonably priced. Yes, it is more than McDonald's across the street, but at least when I've been there, the food has been fabulous and the service has been great.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Live like it's heaven on earth Micky Rivers's Bat's Avatar

I wonder how long NYY Steak will last. Seems pretty empty all the time.
    Fall down seven times, stand up eight.

Forum Regular

Some small complaints after a single season:

Virtually all of the good food is on field on the left field side of the stadium. I sit in right, so it's essentially as far away as you can get for me. Any recommendations for right field in the 200s?

Terrace suite seating needs an upgrade.

Signs indicating where all the more popular places to eat are would be nice.
    I noticed the left field/right field discrepancy as well. My regular seats are grandstand by 3rd base, a short walk to garlic fries and sliders (which I would love to be combined into one stand). I sat by 1st base in the playoffs and every stand seemed to be either hot dogs or candy/peanuts, but no real variety.
    Spends my money, drinks my booze, stays out every night
    And I got to thinking, Hey, just a minute, something ain't right

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Rivers's Bat
    Ever tried to get in there before a game? Not empty then.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

The cupholders are so low near the ground in the Grandstand that they are a safety hazard as one can trip over them.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Rivers's Bat
    Speaking of empty, I wish that the Yankees would lower the price on those premium seats directly behind homeplate and along the edge of the field. It seemed that the rest of the Stadium was almost always full while those seats looked so empty all the time.

The gerbil lives Zimmers' Helmet's Avatar

Monuments cave is by far the biggest disappointment in the new stadium.

I much prefer the look and feel of Monument Park in OYS which was brighter and much more visible while Monument cave looks and feels more like a mausoleum.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet

I much prefer the look and feel of Monument Park in OYS which was brighter and much more visible while Monument cave looks and feels more like a mausoleum.
    I agree with you on this! The whole purpose of Monument Park is to honor the players, others, and events commemorated there. It seems like the new park was an afterthought.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY
    Speaking of empty, I wish that the Yankees would lower the price on those premium seats directly behind homeplate and along the edge of the field. It seemed that the rest of the Stadium was almost always full while those seats looked so empty all the time.
    I agree. I hate seeing those empty seats all the time. It's embarrassing.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet

I agree. they should move the visitor's bullpen under the restaurant and move the park back in to the open area.
    Listen to the bell Grossbard, it tolls for thee.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Kelly
    I agree. they should move the visitor's bullpen under the restaurant and move the park back in to the open area.
    That would be a good idea. But then the visitor's bullpen would in the 'batter's eye'. So that move is not going to happen.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY
    Do those empty seats actually mean the premium tickets weren't sold? I thought those with premium seats had access to certain luxury boxes etc. I would imagine the people getting those seats would take advantage of the amenities that go along with it.
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic
    .268/.367/.483 .850 during his four years here. Can we get rid of you instead?

NYYF MVP

Monument Park should be more visible and not as "cave like." Put the visitor pen below the Yanks one like they do say at Camden Yards.

Thread Information